Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 12, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #142,771 of 151,347
At the risk of being redundant I'll just say to ORT. Fosi Audio LC30. 😎

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #142,772 of 151,347
2. The discussion about soundstage started because while it may be an important criterion for some users to listen for, it is also completely subjective and varies more with the recording than with the gear. It is not something that can be designed into gear, although it can be mixed into a recording. Or created through system setup by a user. But hey, if you hear it and you like it then more power to you. Again, trust your own brain.
When the Yggy analog 2 board was released it was a noticable improvement in my room with my equipment and quite noticable. Especially tracks that have multiple instruments mixed in that "appear" in the back, in my case the 7' feet behind my speakers. Noticabley more distinct and separated to not only me but to the other half that puts up with the hobby. :)

Each piece of gear that has stayed in the main system has had made instruments more separate, more distinct, richer and more tightly focused. To me the ability to hear this better and better in the listening space in front of, to the side of, and behind my speakers is the coolest part of the hobby. While everyone is different and looks for different things hobby wise I really believe most in the hobby could hear this and perceive it as improvements in the so called "soundstage" .....more or less.:)

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #142,773 of 151,347
When the Yggy analog 2 board was released it was a noticable improvement in my room with my equipment and quite noticable. Especially tracks that have multiple instruments mixed in that "appear" in the back, in my case the 7' feet behind my speakers. Noticabley more distinct and separated to not only me but to the other half that puts up with the hobby. :)

Each piece of gear that has stayed in the main system has had made instruments more separate, more distinct, richer and more tightly focused. To me the ability to hear this better and better in the listening space in front of, to the side of, and behind my speakers is the coolest part of the hobby. While everyone is different and looks for different things hobby wise I really believe most in the hobby could hear this and perceive it as improvements in the so called "soundstage" .....more or less.:)
I'm glad you are happy. Enjoy the music.

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #142,774 of 151,347
That, and early exposure to the Cleveland Symphony as part of an "education enrichment" program and my fate was sealed....
During the George Szell era? When I began listening to classical music, I was drawn to his recordings and he quickly became one of my favorite conductors.

Mar 12, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #142,776 of 151,347
Ok. No doubt he is a very accomplished musician. I was just not a fan of his solo endeavors.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #142,777 of 151,347
Does anyone think my wife will notice the new Gungnir? I tried hiding it under the Freya N 😂
IMG_3313.jpeg

(And yes, it's not a great picture, the sun is not helping at the moment.)

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #142,780 of 151,347
Does anyone think my wife will notice the new Gungnir? I tried hiding it under the Freya N 😂
IMG_3313.jpeg
Hmmm...
What Gungnir?
Yeah... all I'm seeing is an aluminum riser for Freya ventilation purposes. Uncertain about my Norse code, but pretty sure 'Gungnir' means heatspacer in Viking lore. 🤣

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #142,781 of 151,347

Nice looking setup! <glances at twin to my immediate left>. Congrats!

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #142,782 of 151,347
Nice looking setup! <glances at twin to my immediate left>. Congrats!
Thanks! Just trying it out in the 2 channel setup for a few days. Comparing it to Bifrost 2/64. Then it'll go back under to its partner, Mjolnir 2 (a much better hiding place) 😁

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back