Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 11, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #142,666 of 149,549
when i was transitioning from crawl to stand, with the help of furniture, a long time ago, I was attracted by this glowing "golden" thing with lights. I stood up to it face to face and reached into the unprotected chassis touching the tuning wheel and got a buzz or zap. must have been a burn from a hot chassis. never did that again. photo/ebay

IMG_2717.jpeg

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #142,670 of 149,549
Ringo. 😄

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #142,672 of 149,549
I'm back on that Schiit , y'all

itbegins2.jpg

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #142,673 of 149,549
Last one for today...

I love my Schiit. 😏

This one is awesome.. Superbly recorded to boot (at least on LP). Wish I could say the same about Rocky Mountain Way, another Joe Walsh fave that is compressed and dull sounding.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #142,674 of 149,549
Love Joe Walsh and that track is a real gem.

He was a master at building guitar solos and the drumming is great too.

And…. he’s an ‘Analog Man’ :beyersmile:
Saw him at Walnut Creek in Raleigh a number of years ago. Three drummers tossing their sticks in the air between each other and never missing a beat. The most incredible drum act I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #142,675 of 149,549
Listening to Blues Image 'Ride Captain Ride' and recalling how at 10 years old I would go to sleep with an AM radio under my pillow waiting to hear it and other hits of the time. When your fondest memories of youth center around music, that's when you know you've been a music lover / audiophile in the making for as long as you can remember. 😍

Music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember and will will be until I shed this mortal coil. Thanks to Schiit and you fine folks for sharing and helping me rekindle this passion.
I was around 10 also and used to have a long length of copper wire tacked to the ceiling of my second floor bedroom to attach to the little AM radio. From Wisconsin I was picking up stations as far away as Tennessee, Florida and Texas. Good times indeed.

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #142,676 of 149,549
I was around 10 also and used to have a long length of copper wire tacked to the ceiling of my second floor bedroom to attach to the little AM radio. From Wisconsin I was picking up stations as far away as Tennessee, Florida and Texas. Good times indeed.
TEXAS? From Wisconsin... thats actually pretty insane .

Mar 11, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #142,678 of 149,549
Mar 11, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #142,679 of 149,549
TEXAS? From Wisconsin... thats actually pretty insane .
What is insane is a night in July a couple of years ago I had to go pick up my step son from work. I was waiting for him to close and listening to the radio. I thought some of the music was odd for this local station. Nope, I was picking up a skip from a station in Tampa Bay Florida! I was in central Wisconsin! This was on the FM dial 101.5

Mar 11, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #142,680 of 149,549
I'd totally forgotten about Beeker Street. Thanks for the memories! Always some music, early electronica-ish, playing in the background while the DJ was on the air. Other AM stations on that frequency would shut down overnight and KAAY could boost their output power for greater coverage.

Growing up, the AM station to listen to was WHB, pure top 40. They started playing a couple songs named Lucky Man and Roundabout. I really liked those songs and ended up on the FM band looking for more stuff like that. There were a couple underground stations that were great. The summer of 1975 one of those stations changed their call letters from KBEY to KBEQ and went full-on disco. By that time, I'd discovered the wonders of import records and rock/prog music from as far east as Hungary.
Used to listen to beeker street late at night in Iowa. Sometimes we could pick up wls, but not often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back