Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:17 AM Post #142,081 of 149,443
Having a good day. One annoyance few days back. The clip of my Diplomat Aero broke off.

Why am I still happy? Well, I emailed Diplomat customer service to ask for the agency in the UAE. There isn't any, they replied. But.....they will send me a new cap free of charge, so I don't even have to send the broken cap to them. Service of the highest level.

I have a LAMY 450 multicolor ball point pen CP1 for about 30 years plus, the miniature mechanism was stuck and doesn't work again, it happened two years ago, contact LAMY via email and inquire for service, they sent me a NOS same model pen they reserved for servicing parts, which was discontinued, free of charge, they paid the postage. [Their message is, " As we do not want you to be without your pen (after 30 year!), we would like to send you a new one to Hong Kong as we still have a few for repair/exchange purposes.]

I also own a DIPLOMAT Spacetec Futura Ballpoint Pen, but cannot find the pressurized refill in Hong Kong, even hard to get from Germany, online purchase is too expensive with postage ....

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #142,082 of 149,443
Besides, we all know Canada's most important contribution to civilization is ice hockey, eh. :hockey: :smile_cat:

With pineapple on pizza, poutine, Rush, Joni Mitchell, and Neil Young close behind (and let's not forget baseball)! Sincere apologies for Nickelback, William Shatner, and Bieber.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #142,083 of 149,443
Besides, we all know Canada's most important contribution to civilization is ice hockey, eh. :hockey: :smile_cat:
Can’t forget about Timbits!

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #142,086 of 149,443
Are we expecting the announcement of Vali 3 next Wednesday?

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #142,087 of 149,443
I know, we're supposed to avoid politics on this thread, but...
020824chutlu2024.jpg

...I think I've found my candidate!
Unless, of course, Jason throws his hat into the ring. He could found his own third party. (Or should that be turd party?) Imagine the slogans, not to mention the posters!
I'd even prefer Stoddard/Moffat over Roark/Galt.

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #142,088 of 149,443
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #142,089 of 149,443
It could simply be the PC unable to manage its resources or power management of USB devices very well. However, it's worth looking at the driver properties and turning off any power-saving settings. Also, check the power management in control panel. Turn off sleep mode and check advanced settings in power management for USB devices. On rare occasions, I've also encountered faulty cables or sockets with intermittent connection issues.
Believe me, I've been through all of the "power saving" hoops Windoze throws at you. Whenever I get a computer for anything, desktop, lab 1, lab 2, home, etc., one of the very first things I do is go through every single stinkin' computer setting and disable any power saving "feature". Since this is a company computer, updates are pushed to the box, even though it goes out on its own to find them. The setup literally gathers dust, so I'm not changing things. It's run fine for a couple years before this hiccup. Now that I'm onto it, I can fix it quick...until Mr. Bill changes his game plan, or I'm forced to go to Win11.

Mar 6, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #142,091 of 149,443
Shatner Canadian? In the balance he seemed like the rare positive inspiration to many people.

He's (IMHO) a generally terrible actor and he has not exactly played nice with his Trek co stars. He can be funny.

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #142,092 of 149,443
To keep with the cat theme.... I feel like a little kitty stuck up in a tree, and hoping a nice fireman can come rescue me. ( @Jason Stoddard & Co )

I ordered a Play Station 5 the other day, and I am trying to figure out the best way to hook some Schiit up to it...

Modern gaming consoles suck, in that they have no Optical or Coaxial output.

The PS5 allows USB audio out, but its UAC1 instead of UAC2. So it doesnt work with any of my Schiit DACS.

The PS5 also runs the audio signal through the HDMI output, so if I hook the console up to my tv, I can use the toslink output of my tv.

The problem is, what if I want to hook the PS5 up to a computer monitor... My monitor has two HDMI inputs, and a headphone jack for output.. The SQ from the hp jack is terrible.

Jason, I would beg you come to rescue us and make/sell a digital converter. Something that has like 3 digital inputs (HDMI, Optical, USB UAC1) and allows output via 3 to 4 outputs... HDMI, Unison USB, Coaxial/SPDIF, Optical...

I have been looking around and the choices seem to all be half baked, poorly designed, cheap...or Expensive and limited in what they do...

I bet if you took a drive around the neighborhood, you would see alot of cats stuck in the same kind of trees, waiting for Schiit to rescue us...

I bet Schiit could design/sell something that offers great functionality & design at a compelling price point...

Maybe you could include a switch on the back or underside that lets the user switch the USB input between UAC1 and UAC2.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #142,093 of 149,443
It appears that we have no sales outlet in Arkansas. But, I have heard from our marketing manager that we are in the process of setting up an online purchasing outlet for our spirits to the states that allow it. It could be a couple weeks out or a couple months - always hard to know with these kinds of things. Shipping alcohol is a deucedly complicated business.

At any rate, something to look forward to for folks wanting to try some Oregon Spirit stuff! 😃
This is a historical photo... both bottles have subsequently been opened and both bottles contain some pretty d*mned excellent whiskey! Thanks @sixergixer !

IMG_1194.jpeg

Mar 6, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #142,094 of 149,443
That's not a knock against the Tyr. VFET amplifiers are legendary and I've yet to experience anything at an earthly price level that would beat them.
Agreed. I had a Sony TA-5650 V-FET integrated amp that I sold in a moment of foolishness... I still regret that dumb move on a regular basis.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #142,095 of 149,443
To keep with the cat theme.... I feel like a little kitty stuck up in a tree, and hoping a nice fireman can come rescue me. ( @Jason Stoddard & Co )

I ordered a Play Station 5 the other day, and I am trying to figure out the best way to hook some Schiit up to it...

Modern gaming consoles suck, in that they have no Optical or Coaxial output.

The PS5 allows USB audio out, but its UAC1 instead of UAC2. So it doesnt work with any of my Schiit DACS.

The PS5 also runs the audio signal through the HDMI output, so if I hook the console up to my tv, I can use the toslink output of my tv.

The problem is, what if I want to hook the PS5 up to a computer monitor... My monitor has two HDMI inputs, and a headphone jack for output.. The SQ from the hp jack is terrible.

Jason, I would beg you come to rescue us and make/sell a digital converter. Something that has like 3 digital inputs (HDMI, Optical, USB UAC1) and allows output via 3 to 4 outputs... HDMI, Unison USB, Coaxial/SPDIF, Optical...

I have been looking around and the choices seem to all be half baked, poorly designed, cheap...or Expensive and limited in what they do...

I bet if you took a drive around the neighborhood, you would see alot of cats stuck in the same kind of trees, waiting for Schiit to rescue us...

I bet Schiit could design/sell something that offers great functionality & design at a compelling price point...

Maybe you could include a switch on the back or underside that lets the user switch the USB input between UAC1 and UAC2.

Look for the S.M.S.L PO100 Pro digital-digital converter. It should do what you want. It's showing as unavailable at Amazon.com, but Amazon.ca has it, and other online stores should have it.

1709741202631.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back