Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 1, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #141,648 of 149,692
Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 1.11.50 PM.png

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #141,649 of 149,692
The famous Jefferson Airplane house is at 2400 Fulton in San Francisco...
And the Grateful Dead lived at 710 Ashbury St., before they hightailed it up to Marin.

Mar 1, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #141,650 of 149,692
Mar 1, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #141,651 of 149,692
The first review I've seen and a comparo with OG Aegir-
https://audio-head.com/review-schiit-audio-aegir-2/

Also, I've already seen posts elsewhere exclaiming they would never buy an amp with a Damping factor of 10.

So a dude with speakers a foot from the back wall and one speaker a foot from the side wall (both hard walls, zero room treatment) is reviewing audio equipment.

Ok. Whatever.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:23 PM Post #141,652 of 149,692
So a dude with speakers a foot from the back wall and one speaker a foot from the side wall (both hard walls, zero room treatment) is reviewing audio equipment.

Ok. Whatever.
Not to mention all of the equipment resting on carpet. Probably a fair amount of static to be dealt with.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #141,654 of 149,692
Not to mention all of the equipment resting on carpet. Probably a fair amount of static to be dealt with.

And heat... The heat sinks are exposed on the bottom for a reason (convection). What a maroon.

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #141,656 of 149,692
But what do you do if you want to access the spare tire and don't know where it is in the middle of nowhere?

Easy.

There is no spare. I have the tire goo and compressor. That has the instructions printed on the unit.

I'm not super excited about that by the way.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #141,658 of 149,692
At least his turntable is at knee height. Or maybe he's just short vertically challenged. 🤣

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #141,659 of 149,692
At least his turntable is at knee height. Or maybe he's just short vertically challenged. 🤣

I see your attempt at political correctness. I 'm not sure that's acceptable here.

:beerchug:
JC

Mar 1, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #141,660 of 149,692
Let's discuss manuals:

1. I know if we get rid of them, someone's gonna complain about us being cheap/assholes/etc. Understood.
2. However, if we get rid of them, we're right there with $3500 products (Cintiq) with no manuals and with massively complex apps and other stupid stuff with no manuals.
3. Most manuals are about 10% useful information and 90% scolding (looking at tools especially).
4. Manuals are almost always somewhat wrong.

So: manuals? Pro? Con? Indifferent?

Edit: I linked Tyler to this, so he'll definitely read your opinions.

Edit2: also, for the high school debate team champions, don't try to shift this to plastic bags and other crap in the box. We get it. We've been trying to eliminate plastic bags. Nothing is good enough so far. You get to choose between weirdo semi-plastic molded stuff to hold the non-bagged product in place, and bags. Some things (Tyrs) require foam, period. Magnis and Midgards and stuff like that have been moved to, or are being moved to, all-recycled cardboard. We beat FedEx to this, FWIW.
The little bit of paper warning about TRRS connectors inside on top of the box was good. If that had been in the manual, I probably would have missed it until it was too late. Not that I have such a connector in use, but still. When my MJ3 arrived, I had to consult the small paper manual almost immediately because I had no idea what the tiny symbols on the front toggles meant. Okay, I could have experimented for the output level, but feedback and push-pull, no way am I going to know what it's doing by listening. So, having a little manual of paper beside the unit to quickly work it out was very handy. I put paper manuals in a plastic bag in a draw or cupboard near the device. Essential for the weird error codes that sometimes pop up on the washing machine or how to find the right comfy setting on the air conditioner. Going to the computer and trying to find the manual, then most likely having to print it out and then tramp back to the device to work stuff out? Nah, too much bother, and besides, paper manuals give me something funny to read while I hum to myself during blackouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back