Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 28, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #137,806 of 152,921
I started there. It didn't remove very many clicks if I go by all the clicks I can still hear.

The Audacity remove clicks worked better, not foolproof, on another album.
If you haven't already, you can adjust the sensitivity. Even at the highest it has missed clicks on my most damaged vinyl, usually bought at thrift. Good luck.

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #137,807 of 152,921
Jan 28, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #137,808 of 152,921
Jan 28, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #137,809 of 152,921
How long ago did you install your cartridge? If it's been a while, you might try just removing/replacing the tonearm wires from the back of the cartridge (or if it's a P-mount, pull it off and put it back on). At the millivolt signal level at that juncture, even a little oxidation can cause issues and simply refreshing the contact points may help.
Removed and reseated them this week to double check connection.

Jan 28, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #137,811 of 152,921
Well there ya have it!

And yet another piece of info that I had no idea was on the interwebs ... I wonder what ChatGPT has to say about it ...

EDIT : This...
The debate over whether toilet paper should roll over the top or down the back is largely a matter of personal preference and convenience. There isn't a universally "correct" way to load toilet paper, as it ultimately depends on individual preferences. However, there are some arguments in favor of each orientation:
  1. Over the Top:
    • Generally considered more intuitive and easier to grab the loose end.
      May be less likely to brush against the wall, which can be perceived as more hygienic.
      Some argue it looks tidier.
  2. Down the Back:
    • Less likely to unravel accidentally, especially in households with pets.
      Can be preferred for aesthetic reasons in certain bathroom designs.
Ultimately, the best way to load toilet paper is the way that makes you and others in your household most comfortable. It might be worth having a discussion with those you share the space with to reach a consensus. Keep in mind that in public spaces or shared environments, the direction may be determined by whoever is responsible for maintaining the restroom.

:beyersmile:

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:16 PM Post #137,813 of 152,921
Well there ya have it!

And yet another piece of info that I had no idea was on the interwebs ... I wonder what ChatGPT has to say about it ...

EDIT : This...
The debate over whether toilet paper should roll over the top or down the back is largely a matter of personal preference and convenience. There isn't a universally "correct" way to load toilet paper, as it ultimately depends on individual preferences. However, there are some arguments in favor of each orientation:
  1. Over the Top:
    • Generally considered more intuitive and easier to grab the loose end.
      May be less likely to brush against the wall, which can be perceived as more hygienic.
      Some argue it looks tidier.
  2. Down the Back:
    • Less likely to unravel accidentally, especially in households with pets.
      Can be preferred for aesthetic reasons in certain bathroom designs.
Ultimately, the best way to load toilet paper is the way that makes you and others in your household most comfortable. It might be worth having a discussion with those you share the space with to reach a consensus. Keep in mind that in public spaces or shared environments, the direction may be determined by whoever is responsible for maintaining the restroom.

:beyersmile:
Does all this reverse down under? Pun not intended, but I'll roll with it.

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:18 PM Post #137,814 of 152,921
Orbit U-Turn Plus with cart upgraded to Ortofon 2M series. Have both Blue and Red stylus for the cart, hum is on both, FWIW.

Per U-Turn, “The Orbit is internally grounded through the shielding of the left RCA output, so no external ground wire is needed (even if your phono preamp has a ground screw or terminal).”
+1 that the prob is likely in the TT. Some insight into tiny?? black grounding wire on pg2 of this link https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=82645&start=12

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #137,815 of 152,921
Removed and reseated them this week to double check connection.
Could the hum be mechanical as opposed to electrical? Motor vibration transmitted to the plinth or to the platter and being picked up by the cartridge?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #137,816 of 152,921
Jan 28, 2024 at 8:35 PM Post #137,818 of 152,921
Up this afternoon: Ike Quebec’s last album, “Soul Samba”. It‘s a relaxed and relaxing listen. The NOS Amperex ECC88 tubes in the Freya N have about 20 hours on them and make all the jazz that I’ve listened to so far sound warm and wonderful.

1706478670438.png
One of my favorite albums!

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #137,820 of 152,921
I’m open to all possibilities. I know that’s it supposed to happen, but something is up.

Best of luck sorting it out. These types of issues can be VERY frustrating. It took me months to sort out my hum issue with my Pro-ject Carbon DC. It was both mechanical and electrical -- crappy grounding of their DC power supply and the over-all crappy motor suspension. It was no fun. :rolling_eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back