Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #135,487 of 153,123
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #135,488 of 153,123
I wish I have a larger room haha, but right now I only have a desktop setup, so only considering bookshelf speakers on desk
Cool! Hope the desk is strong (and large). I have an adcom gfa 555 (200 watts) in my desktop system going to a set of paradigm speakers I picked up years ago.
I like the combo. Should be able to find something that will work for you.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #135,490 of 153,123
Haha yes I am looking for a pair of speaker that can unleash the Ferrari engine haha
In that case, you may want a very inefficient, expensive speaker with wonderful mids. And one that stirs the automotive metaphor. Perhaps the one developed by the BBC for monitoring in the back of a Land Rover. LS3/5A would be the ideal choice. Small, inefficient and fragile enough to match the Tyr's modest output.

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #135,492 of 153,123
IMG_9168.jpeg

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #135,493 of 153,123
Anytime I see someone use the word "woke" incorrectly as a pejorative, I block them. Being against woke is being against empathy and real injustice, and a reflection of one's character. But whatever. ironically, we may mostly agree on universities, but from very different approaches and for very different reasons.

I prefer Schiit talking to sh!t talking. Let's get back to audio, cats, cardboard, tubes, BBQ, sports (ugh!), great new finds in music, automobiles, and other obscure and random topics on the curve.
No, it's not.

No way that is worse than New England Mexican food, holy hell!
My daughter tells me AL "Mexican" food might win that battle.

:) sitting here laughing trying not to spill my coffee. Having watched many long lasting sunspots come back into view. Now I'm picturing them falling off the edge into space because they can't make the turn of the edge of a flat circle the sun might be.

Must be where dark matter comes from as they fall off into space. :)
Have you informed NASA?

This is the collection of all Van Hagar as opposed David Lee Roth era on the original 'The Collection' album. I'm feeling some Cabo Wabo margs may be in order! :D
OK, I didn't realize this was a thing. Until a local restaurant put it on their sign and I laughed I'd never heard anyone say, "margs". All my time in TX it's been 'ritas.

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #135,494 of 153,123
Ritas? In N. Texas we must be lazy as the single syllable variation is always preferred. Plus, 'Another round of Margs' is easier to say when one has already had a few. :D

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #135,495 of 153,123
I'll be moving to the San Antonio area this year and just discovered that Wurstfest is a thing that exists near there.

Looks actually fun!

Also: Dirndls😁

I believe that you will enjoy your relocation to Texas. There are a lot of positives in Texas compared to Bay Area California.
P. S. If you need any 707 tube tester restoration help, I am always available.
Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back