Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #134,761 of 150,446
I found a local college professor who for some reason was given a large collection of bourbon, I got some Blanton’s from her but the rest is in a five bottle set. When she had no more of that to trade she apologized and brought me E H Taylor. I traded excess music CD’s and a charcuterie board and lazy Susan I built. I estimated right at $900 in bourbon. She talks of letting go of the Blanton’s so I am going to tempt her with some of my best work.😀
Silver tongued devil!

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:48 PM Post #134,762 of 150,446
Still having problems with my new Yggy+GS2 mute button not muting the output completely (on XLR outputs only, RCA mute properly). I have opened two support tickets, one asking about the issue, and the other requesting an exchange. I understand with all the holidays going on, but it's now over my 15 day return period, when the first support request was sent on the 23rd. Hope this get works out soon. I just don't want to get burned on such an expensive purchase with a DAC that doesn't mute when it's supposed to.
I would not worry about the 15 day window if support tickets with a legitimate problem are open. As mentioned above, they have a reputation of making things right - often quickly, sometimes not so quickly but in the end yes. And such has been my experience as well, both a decade ago and a year ago.

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #134,763 of 150,446
We are down to our last full bottle of Blanton’s. It’s also unobtanium here in North East.This bottle we moved WITH us down to Texas (in Oct 2018), and back up to New Hampshire (in April 2022). Still sealed. (It’s my wife’s favorite, and she won’t let us open it until a replacement is secured; she’s been saving the tops, and wants to get ALL the letters… LOL)

Heck, lately around here, one of my staples: Buffalo Trace (to me near TOTL Price/Performance ratio, and a 75% approximation of Pappy Van…) is also also currently unobtanium. Fortunately can still score various Willetts…

First world problems
This is precisely where I find Old Forester and Wild Turkey (& Russell's Reserve if I want to go a little further up the shelf) to be my friends. Almost everywhere carries them, they are consistently very good even at the lowest-priced offering, and there's a good variety of different bottlings to try out and find a good fit. And even better, there is nowhere near the FOMO bourbon bro hype surrounding them so there is virtually no fuss involved in obtaining bottles. Also, they both offer very good Rye whiskies as well. 🥃

I think two of the best deals in bourbon for the quality/price ratio are Wild Turkey's Rare Breed and Old Forester's 1920 Bourbon. Yum! 😋

Jan 2, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #134,764 of 150,446
This is precisely where I find Old Forester and Wild Turkey (& Russell's Reserve if I want to go a little further up the shelf) to be my friends. Almost everywhere carries them, they are consistently very good even at the lowest-priced offering, and there's a good variety of different bottlings to try out and find a good fit. And even better, there is nowhere near the FOMO bourbon bro hype surrounding them so there is virtually no fuss involved in obtaining bottles. Also, they both offer very good Rye whiskies as well. 🥃

I think two of the best deals in bourbon for the quality/price ratio are Wild Turkey's Rare Breed and Old Forester's 1920 Bourbon. Yum! 😋
I have a a half full bottle of Old Forester waiting for February the 1st..... Managed to make it through 2 days of Dry January! 6.45% of the way there!

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #134,765 of 150,446
I found a local college professor who for some reason was given a large collection of bourbon, I got some Blanton’s from her but the rest is in a five bottle set. When she had no more of that to trade she apologized and brought me E H Taylor. I traded excess music CD’s and a charcuterie board and lazy Susan I built. I estimated right at $900 in bourbon. She talks of letting go of the Blanton’s so I am going to tempt her with some of my best work.😀
She talks of letting go of the Blanton’s so I am going to tempt her with some of my best work.
....... So she is getting cardboard, would that be correct?

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #134,766 of 150,446
I thought @Paladin79 liked Belvedere? Ah well, he probably just buys whatever's on sale after he empties the daily bottle. 🤣
I had to re read that. The 1st time it ( Belvedere) registered in my brain as Valvoline. It is a known fact that Paladin79 does substitute on occasion.
On occasion would be a daily occurrence.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #134,767 of 150,446
I would not worry about the 15 day window if support tickets with a legitimate problem are open. As mentioned above, they have a reputation of making things right - often quickly, sometimes not so quickly but in the end yes. And such has been my experience as well, both a decade ago and a year ago.
Plus the warranty is longer than 15 days...

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #134,768 of 150,446
Plus the warranty is longer than 15 days...
Ideally I’d like a replacement instead of just a repair on what should have been a brand new functioning item 2 weeks after purchase, but yes, I am thankful for the 3 year warranty on the GS2. Plus warranty repairs require me paying return shipping AND shipping back, that’s 40 bucks each way to get my yggy to and from NJ to CA

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #134,769 of 150,446
Ideally I’d like a replacement instead of just a repair on what should have been a brand new functioning item 2 weeks after purchase, but yes, I am thankful for the 3 year warranty on the GS2. Plus warranty repairs require me paying return shipping AND shipping back, that’s 40 bucks each way to get my yggy to and from NJ to CA
Talk to Schiit.

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #134,770 of 150,446
Talk to Schiit.
@Nick76 did open a ticket, thus is already doing so, the right way. Just needs some practice in the fine art of patience and some reassurance that said patience will pay off, I think.

ETA: At some point it is a good idea to send an email politely asking for an update, but I'm not sure at what point. My patience is generally a few standard deviations more than normal so my personal 4 to 8 weeks may be far off. Does anyone have a good idea or rule of thumb for that?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #134,771 of 150,446
I have a a half full bottle of Old Forester waiting for February the 1st..... Managed to make it through 2 days of Dry January! 6.45% of the way there!
Only 696 more hours of no drinking to go. You can do it!

Is this being helpful? Sometimes my wife reminds me to be more helpful.

IMG_6179.jpeg

Jan 2, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #134,772 of 150,446
Jan 2, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #134,773 of 150,446
Only 696 more hours of no drinking to go. You can do it!

Is this being helpful? Sometimes my wife reminds me to be more helpful.

IMG_6179.jpeg
If you're counting time by the hour, you're not really fixating. It is really 2 498 150 seconds to February!

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:26 PM Post #134,775 of 150,446
Time is but a social construct so drinking socially is permitted, right? 🤔

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back