Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #131,566 of 150,252
We're also debating this. The second run is pretty much sold out in advance of our shipping any. How does everyone feel about continuing this one, even though I said it was limited? Is that a cheat? Or just a logical response to a popular product?

It absolutely should continue. I feel like you're second-guessing yourself too much.
Totally selfish thing I'd like: A Mjolnir with double the number of inputs, and a remote, as it's a great pre-amp as well.

I was also going to suggest keeping the Mjolnir 2 going as it's cheaper, and some people want the tube option, but I'm guessing that would be too much hassle with all the tube issues now?

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #131,569 of 150,252

Attachments

• holy-smoke-batman.gif
    holy-smoke-batman.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #131,570 of 150,252
I have a question.
No, I think it's more of an observation…
Either way, it has the potential to start a class war, so please try to keep your responses somewhat civilized, mkay? Not that I will, or anything… ;p

I don't fly much. And the few times that I do, it's usually intercontinental. So maybe it's different on domestic flights.

So, whenever I'm on one of those long haul flights, I always try to get seats all the way in the back. (My personal favorite is the last outer row in a 747. Only two seats abreast, nice and quiet-ish, little to no foot traffic, close proximity to the source of those stale pretzels, no one's kicking your seat back or complaining about your reclining the entire flight, and by far the most shoulder space in economy.) That means that when I debark one of those long haul flights, I have to walk along nearly the entire length of both the economy and business class cabins, and I'm also able to take a peak into 1st.
And whenever I do, I always see the same thing: A somewhat messy economy class cabin, a mostly neat 1st class one, and an absolute pigsty of a business class.

So, based on that, I'd rather remain the poor-adjacent church mouse that I am or get stinkin' rich somehow. Because if the way the average intercontinental passenger leaves behind their personal space of the previous 12 hours is any indication, the upper 10% must be the worst place you could find yourself in, just crawling with egocentric pigs!

How's that for some armchair philosophizing!
Am I wrong, though?
Have at it!
(…while I slowly back away from the dumpster fire that I have just lit…) 😁
I too hate to fly. When I have to, flying from east coast to west coast to visit family, I pay a little more for "coach plus". I sit in the row directly behind the bulkhead separating coach from the next class.

Generous legroom. No front passenger reclining into my lap. It still sucks, but less so.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:29 PM Post #131,572 of 150,252
I'm right there with you. 😄

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #131,574 of 150,252
Yes.

ACP, please explain it to us like we're 5 year olds.

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #131,577 of 150,252
I'm forming a wishlist for the Byron (CA, USA) Shops. The Front Room is set for an execution of Dolby Laboratories (San Francisco, CA, USA) Atmos 3D sound: One McIntosh® MX100 driving eleven SCHITT® GJALLARHØRN™ and two VIDÅR™. But my den and Web station can make do with one MODIUS™ driving the pre-existing SONY® STR-DE945 with active sub and pre-existing Coby minicabs from a now-kaputt DVD transport/multiamp.

(OMS Japanese Christian Church of Walnut Creek (CA, USA) shall be a BULL of a set-up, as I've a full-custom Allenorgans® IV+P/72 (82 stops with GeniSys™ factored in) digital organ driving an array o' Definitive Tech in-wall and in-ceiling cabs (Hovedværk-Fjernværk-Pedål) plus no fewer than forty-eight "Atmos-ready" towers divided between the center north wall (Bryſtværk) and two brand-new pulpits (Rygpoſıtiv) planned; potential for a more precise DOLBY ATMOS sound than even professional cinema houses use — they're needed for real-time synthesis of a pipe-organ soundfield anyway.)

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:50 PM Post #131,579 of 150,252
I'm forming a wishlist for the Byron (CA, USA) Shops. The Front Room is set for an execution of Dolby Laboratories (San Francisco, CA, USA) Atmos 3D sound: One McIntosh® MX100 driving eleven SCHITT® GJALLARHØRN™ and two VIDÅR™. But my den and Web station can make do with one MODIUS™ driving the pre-existing SONY® STR-DE945 with active sub and pre-existing Coby minicabs from a now-kaputt DVD transport/multiamp.

(OMS Japanese Christian Church of Walnut Creek (CA, USA) shall be a BULL of a set-up, as I've a full-custom Allenorgans® IV+P/72 (82 stops with GeniSys™ factored in) digital organ driving an array o' Definitive Tech in-wall and in-ceiling cabs (Hovedværk-Fjernværk-Pedål) plus no fewer than forty-eight "Atmos-ready" towers divided between the center north wall (Bryſtværk) and two brand-new pulpits (Rygpoſıtiv) planned; potential for a more precise DOLBY ATMOS sound than even professional cinema houses use — they're needed for real-time synthesis of a pipe-organ soundfield anyway.)
The Byron sound is a Mig 17 and various L39s............

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #131,580 of 150,252

Users who are viewing this thread

Back