Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 29, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #131,581 of 152,467
Myself, born Wormerveer, 'water' raised in Westzaan (we are called Kroosduikers = Duckweed divers) as a youngster we played often on and around water. A good 70% of NL shall be ph*cked when the water is coming:
1701260505382.png

So enjoy the music!
For those who can't read the legend: dark blue means under sea level.

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #131,583 of 152,467
Nov 29, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #131,584 of 152,467
Business Class tickets work to solve that (most of the time)
I think you may have leapt to a conclusion as to which is which :-D
Also, I forgot to say, keeps the pilot safe from the rabble during those long long taxi/tarmac staycations.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #131,585 of 152,467
May I direct your attention to…
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-plus
https://www.schiit.com/products/rekkr (gray option not pictured)

The gray powder coating doesn't look all that great in person, though. Hence back to the good old brushed alumin(i)um, thank the gods.
I aksd my kids about which finish to get on the MMB to match my MagPi. Silver, silver, silver. The MagPi looks good but a silver one would have been better.

I am so very, very happy Jason persisted with the silver, despite all the naysayers. As I've said before, why all the black, none of us are Darth Vader....

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #131,587 of 152,467
I still maintain that Main Title from The Queen's Gambit would make for a pretty darn solid title sequence for the next Pirates of The Caribbean… 🤔
You mean the mini-series? Loved it, first thing my wife could watch with Ms. Joy in it (previous and subsequent films maybe a bit too bloody).

The Menu is one of my favorite movies of the year, with Ms Joy. Oh! the ending!

Nov 30, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #131,589 of 152,467
Some of us would find your lack of faith disturbing...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

:smiling_imp:
Ok, I concede that I don't know how many of you are Darth Vader. Also, for those of you that are, go nuts on the black, it's totally on brand.

Nov 30, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #131,591 of 152,467
I have just had my mind (and ears) blown. Completely.

I got Yggdrasil+ GS2 yesterday (Silver with Unison). Replaced Bifrost 2/64 in the mainrig, and wassurprised how much deeper it is than Freya S. No problem, freya goes on top then. Plans revised, one and done. Yggdrasil to Lokius, then to Freya S, then to a single Aegir or (at the moment) Lyr 2. Turned it on, started my “Big Ass“ playlist and walked to the office. Came back in the evening with the thought that “if it’s not that much better than Bifrost 2, I’ll just return it.“ so killed the playlist, grabbed my DCA Ether CX, plugged into Lyr 2, and started listening. I think the words I used when chatting with @ArmchairPhilosopher this morning were: Enveloping, Lush, & Detailed. One track had a rooster crowing, and I sat up and looked toward the front door.

I am totally amazed by the difference the GS has made in my system. I had no idea that a DAC could affect soundstage the way it did. To me,my system is a bit warmer, with a lushness that actually enhances detail, with none of the sharp edges that can come with more detail. I can hear things in recordings that I’ve never registered before. Enveloping, lush, & detailed.

And with all the goodness, there’s a side I’m not fond of. I love ZZ Ward, and her debut album is one of my favourites. But the recording and mastering wasn't the best, and with headphones, I don’t like the album much with GS2. It’s harsh and grating and just not enjoyable. Guess I'm glad I have other DACs that don't exhibit that side of less-than-stellar recordings.

She ain't goin’ back. Nope. Those of you who have Yggdrasil understand, and now I do, too.

Nov 30, 2023 at 1:58 AM Post #131,592 of 152,467
Ok, I concede that I don't know how many of you are Darth Vader. Also, for those of you that are, go nuts on the black, it's totally on brand.
I think a lot of them come closer to Dark Helmet than Darth Vader..

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #131,595 of 152,467
An update to my MJOLNIR 2 problem that I posted about earlier .. is it the tube or the amp, or something else ? ... that was the question. I tried the ideas kindly posted by other members.

The headphones were fine on another amp.

Swapping out the tubes and replacing them with LISST ... the problem remained. So, it's not the tube. A win for the GE 5670 5-Star !!

Then I checked the inputs by swapping the XLR input cables (per @Jason Stoddard 's suggestion) ... the problem followed the cable swap. So, it's not the amp. A win for my beloved MJOLNIR 2 !!

Then, I swapped the GUNGNIR (which was feeding the MJOLNIR) for my other DAC ... the problem disappeared, perfect L & R sound !! So, potentially, it's the GUNGNIR.

Finally, I hooked up the GUNGNIR to another amp ... the problem re-appeared. So, it's the left channel on the GUNGNIR MB !!

I don't have a clue what that might cost to ship to/from the UK, where I got it from 6 years ago, and to get it fixed. BREXIT makes that more complicated !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back