Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 21, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #122,056 of 155,122
News from Europe:
First Venezia and now Amsterdam have ruled that big American cruise carriers are not welcome anymore.
We are heading to a US-Americans deprivation. Lucky I have you guys. My all time friends.
I will be there (Amsterdam) in 9 weeks, but coming from Australia, and flying in, for a few days before heading to Paris and then a few weeks in Italy.
Looking very much forward to it :relaxed:

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #122,057 of 155,122
It looks off for sure. Mine came in fine. Schiit will support you.
Cheers
IMG_7327.jpeg
IMG_0213.jpeg

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #122,058 of 155,122
Jul 21, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #122,059 of 155,122
Jul 21, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #122,060 of 155,122
If trays are off, let us know. They definitely didn't leave the facility like that. The aluminum piece on the tray slides on; it's possible it is getting tweaked in shipping, or we need to look at packaging. No worries, we'll get it taken care of.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 21, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #122,061 of 155,122
If trays are off, let us know. They definitely didn't leave the facility like that. The aluminum piece on the tray slides on; it's possible it is getting tweaked in shipping, or we need to look at packaging. No worries, we'll get it taken care of.
Hopefully something easily fixed with 2 pieces of fancy 3m non-marring tape securing the tray for shipping ... to be peeled off prior to first use.

I think most of us enjoy ceremoniously peeling that sort of thing off.

Jul 21, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #122,062 of 155,122
Hopefully something easily fixed with 2 pieces of fancy 3m non-marring tape securing the tray for shipping ... to be peeled off prior to first use.

I think most of us enjoy ceremoniously peeling that sort of thing off.
There's no need to affix the tray to the drive, it is precision machined to be simply dropped on. Hence, contact us so we can figure it out--if the tray is joggled or the bottom is bent in shipping. Either way, it's an easy fix.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 21, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #122,063 of 155,122
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation will be my last. My Spotify playlist "Schiit Syn-full Songs" is a bit over eight hours long, and I attempted to not duplicate artists ( other than tonight's song ).

Per my signature, I will always be a ..........Veteran Cosmic Rocker....The Moody Blues.

Jul 22, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #122,064 of 155,122

Neat!

The DCA Æon Noir is by far my favorite headphone. Ever since I bought mine a year or so ago, all my other headphones have barely gotten any use anymore. I could just as well sell most of them and not miss them for a second. Like, the gap to my second-favorite set of headphones is so big, your grandma could comfortably park an Australian road train in it without scratching anything.

But I have to vehemently disagree with @Jason Stoddard and Dan Clark on one particular point: There is no special synergy between the Æon Noir and the Jotunheim 2. Not any more than there is a special synergy between the Æon Noir and almost anything that Schiit makes.

Especially the "weaker" Schiit like the class A amps and Piety, ironically enough. The Noir and my Asgard 1 sound so good together, they give my beloved Mjolnir 2 a run for its money. Folkvangr and Noir? Blissful! (With impedance multiplier engaged, obviously.) And the $150 Piety transforms itself into a $1,500 amp when it drives the Noirs on high gain — a fact that when I mentioned it to Jason, it first made him visibly cringe because they're such a difficult headphone to drive for an amp that isn't ideal for these kinds of low impedance loads, and then quite curious as to why they do so well together in the first place.

They are incredibly detailed, the stage wraps all around your head instead of living just between your ears or on the bridge of your nose, they are the most open sounding closed headphones I've ever tried, the low end is the fullest of all the headphones I own without ever overwhelming any of the other frequencies, and they are the only planars I have ever! heard through Jotunheim 2 that don't turn themselves into an ear drums besieging gatling gun with all those less-than-ideally recorded and mixed rock and metal tracks that are everywhere out there, especially when you use them single-ended.

Plus, I can wear them 10+ hours a day without any kind of fatigue whatsoever.

The Noirs are fantastic in almost* every way.

Guys, just buy one, is what I'm saying.

* Won't be going into the bits that I dislike, because from what I can gather from talking to other people about these headphones, those bits only really seem to affect/bother me.

I have DCA Aeon RT closed, Aeon 2 Open, and Ether CX (which many love to hate-I love them, with Lokius). I wouldn’t have spent any money on anything after the RT closed if they hadn’t turned out to be so darn good. Now, with that said, the DCA signature is very neutral, but the noirs are tuned to the Harman curve so they are - different, and we know @ArmchairPhilosopher loves them. For mine, I do not own a Schiit Amp that my DCA cans aren’t beautiful matches for, including Valhalla 2 (with either GE JAN 5670s or Genelex Gold Lions In front). But I will say that Lokius has made (to my ears) all these planars come into their own - or at least exactly to what I‘M look

And these are by far the lightest and most comfortable headphones I own. I, too can wear them for hours (and often do).

Vali 2 is one of my favourite combinations with DCA headphones, and it’s that I travel with (or a Vali 2++) - the 2 was the first Schiit I tried with the Both the RT and the Ether, and the combination just makes me happy. When I travel, I carry Aeon RT with a DAP and Vali 2 (or 2++).

The one other thing that I will mention is service. All of us here know how Jason and crew treat customers, and the folks at Dan’s shop are the same. Impossible to go wrong with either firm, in my experience. Try them out.

Jul 22, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #122,065 of 155,122
Jul 22, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #122,066 of 155,122
I have DCA Aeon RT closed, Aeon 2 Open, and Ether CX (which many love to hate-I love them, with Lokius). I wouldn’t have spent any money on anything after the RT closed if they hadn’t turned out to be so darn good. Now, with that said, the DCA signature is very neutral, but the noirs are tuned to the Harman curve so they are - different, and we know @ArmchairPhilosopher loves them. For mine, I do not own a Schiit Amp that my DCA cans aren’t beautiful matches for, including Valhalla 2 (with either GE JAN 5670s or Genelex Gold Lions In front). But I will say that Lokius has made (to my ears) all these planars come into their own - or at least exactly to what I‘M look

And these are by far the lightest and most comfortable headphones I own. I, too can wear them for hours (and often do).

Vali 2 is one of my favourite combinations with DCA headphones, and it’s that I travel with (or a Vali 2++) - the 2 was the first Schiit I tried with the Both the RT and the Ether, and the combination just makes me happy. When I travel, I carry Aeon RT with a DAP and Vali 2 (or 2++).

The one other thing that I will mention is service. All of us here know how Jason and crew treat customers, and the folks at Dan’s shop are the same. Impossible to go wrong with either firm, in my experience. Try them out.

I watched the video and again reveled on an exchange between two accomplished engineers/entrepreneurs. Agree with the comments regarding the attention to detail in Schiit metal boxes. The current issues with the Urd trays are flukes that no doubt Schiit Audio will address.

Jul 22, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #122,069 of 155,122
Jul 22, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #122,070 of 155,122
Maybe I'm missing the point here... but... $49.99 bucks off msrp... is like 4% off... whatever...

I can vouch for the synergy between the juicy Schiit amps and current hungry MrSpeakers... ahem... DCA headphones... although Schiit juice is known to add energy to all and any 'can' one throws... it at...

Schiit Juice! Yeah Baby! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back