Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 21, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #122,026 of 151,162
Purchased!

I've been thinking about buying a Modi Multibit, Magni+, and a Rekkr to create a small two channel system for my desk. This combo will let me use the Jot as my preamp and also try some new headphones! When I get my desktop speakers, I will probably buy a Gjallarhorn instead of the Rekkr in order to match sizes.

I have been reading this thread for years but don't post much. This has me excited enough to put pen to paper... or more accurately, fingers to keyboard.
I’m in the middle of converting a spare room into a man-cave/office, and I’ll be using your original system idea to power a pair of the spare speakers I have knocking around. I’ve got all the gear, just haven’t finished sorting out the room yet.

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #122,028 of 151,162
News from Europe:
First Venezia and now Amsterdam have ruled that big American cruise carriers are not welcome anymore.
We are heading to a US-Americans deprivation. Lucky I have you guys. My all time friends.
Isn't Amsterdam also discouraging many "types" of tourist? For example, young British males. And also attempting to move the red light district out of the old town?

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #122,029 of 151,162
Isn't Amsterdam also discouraging many "types" of tourist? For example, young British males. And also attempting to move the red light district out of the old town?
Banning hooligans sounds like a good idea to me. Also sailors. :wink:

Jul 21, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #122,031 of 151,162
Can you post photos of the printed product? Are you open to selling other copies?
I just made the drawing in 5 minutes when I saw the idea here. So it is just a quick and dirty raw first sketch.
Sure as soon as the print is ready I will post a picture of it.

Selling? Why not, let's see how it goes (who said that before?).
I have a very slow (read cheap) printer, so you have to wait until tomorrow to see the finished product.

Please promise that people with a technical design background will not shoot me.

print remote.jpg

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #122,033 of 151,162
I just made the drawing in 5 minutes when I saw the idea here. So it is just a quick and dirty raw first sketch.
Sure as soon as the print is ready I will post a picture of it.

Selling? Why not, let's see how it goes (who said that before?).
I have a very slow (read cheap) printer, so you have to wait until tomorrow to see the finished product.

Please promise that people with a technical design background will not shoot me.

print remote.jpg

Shoot you? Of course not! We admire and encourage the DIY spirit here!

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #122,035 of 151,162
News from Europe:
First Venezia and now Amsterdam have ruled that big American cruise carriers are not welcome anymore.
We are heading to a US-Americans deprivation. Lucky I have you guys. My all time friends.

Don’t worry, we will find other ways to get in and annoy Europeans! 🤣

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #122,036 of 151,162

Neat!

The DCA Æon Noir is by far my favorite headphone. Ever since I bought mine a year or so ago, all my other headphones have barely gotten any use anymore. I could just as well sell most of them and not miss them for a second. Like, the gap to my second-favorite set of headphones is so big, your grandma could comfortably park an Australian road train in it without scratching anything.

<< snip snip >>

Plus, I can wear them 10+ hours a day without any kind of fatigue whatsoever.

The Noirs are fantastic in almost* every way.

Guys, just buy one, is what I'm saying.

* Won't be going into the bits that I dislike, because from what I can gather from talking to other people about these headphones, those bits only really seem to affect/bother me.

Thanks for sharing this, I was not aware.

And I could not resist.

(Edit/add: And a couple of posts further down the page, I see the Boss's announcement. Good times.)

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #122,037 of 151,162
Getting back on topic:

For the last few months, when I go to my best friend's place for our weekly NFL (cooking shows off-season) Beer night we have a new tradition where I bring an old jacket with me for his 2 year old adopted cat Mika.

One night I put my coat down in the couch on a rainy night and he took ownership of it... so now I bring "his coat" with me whether I need it or not.
He meets me at the door and races to the couch and takes ownership by writhing on it half the night.
My buddy swears he self-identifies as a puppy :dog:

Mika.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back