Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 5, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #119,567 of 151,309
Good day! I have a schiit Jotunheim, there is a choice of DAC, there is a multibit card and there is a separate DAC for pcm56, the price of the card is ~200$ and a separate DAC pcm56 is ~250$, I have separate inter-block cables and a power one too. The question is whether the sound will be better from a separate DAC and whether it will be at a higher level? Is it possible to stop at a multibit card?

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #119,568 of 151,309
Van Halen's 1984 tour in the Cow Palace, San Francisco. I think it's original purpose was livestock auctions. @Ableza may know better/ more.
The idea for a "Cow Palace" was born in 1915 but lay dormant until the early 1930s. As the Great Depression worsened, a local newspaper asked, "Why, when people are starving, should money be spent on a 'palace for cows'?" A headline writer turned the phrase around and the name Cow Palace stuck.

Friends of the Cow Palace Website

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #119,569 of 151,309
My first concert was Chicago in ‘86 at Alpine Valley. Yes the venue that Stevie Ray Vaughan played his last concert.

My first concert was Stevie Ray Vaughan. The Fabulous Thunderbirds opened. The old Charlottesville, VA U-Haul. Both acts were great, though the house sound sucked...! :disappointed:

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #119,570 of 151,309
Are you talking about the old Chrome Dome? My first concert was there, Rush in 1981.
My first rock concert was Radiohead (I believe in Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam).

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #119,571 of 151,309
Good day! I have a schiit Jotunheim, there is a choice of DAC, there is a multibit card and there is a separate DAC for pcm56, the price of the card is ~200$ and a separate DAC pcm56 is ~250$, I have separate inter-block cables and a power one too. The question is whether the sound will be better from a separate DAC and whether it will be at a higher level? Is it possible to stop at a multibit card?
of course, and after you can change your mind and try stuff ... I am already over ten years with the same dac, also after trying other stuff ...

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #119,573 of 151,309
It’s a sad fact of life that I’ll never be able to see Karajan conduct the Berlin Phil live.
Yes, and an equally sad fact of life is that I'll never be able to see Bohm conduct the Vienna Philharmonic live.

My brother and his girlfriend are at a Mozart concert in Vienna tonight. Not sure where, what, or who yet.

A few nights ago they were at a concert of the Prague Chamber Orchestra performing Smetana's Vltava, while they were staying in a hotel overlooking the river Vltava itself.

Color me green?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #119,576 of 151,309
Small bits of news:

1. Gjallarhorn is now available in silver as well as black. We were able to get some good silver from this. This is the anodized silver finish, not painted. No photos at the moment, I'll get them done at the same time we're shooting Mjolnir 3. Until then, imagine a Bifrost 2 with holes in the top and you get the idea.

2. Urd is just waiting for production time. Should be another week or two at most.

3. We missed on the Unison USB True Multibit card last week, but that should happen this week.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 5, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #119,577 of 151,309
Yea, I turned off the auto update, then forgot and updated it to 16.5 🤦‍♂️ I still was able to get sound from the DAC, but will drain the power and not recharge. Can’t find any work arounds or fixes yet.

Edit: guess it’s back to Android.I

Or wait until 16.5.1 fixes it.

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #119,578 of 151,309
I see we're revisiting the "shows attended" portion of the sine wave, and I'm pretty sure I've posted comments about these 3 shows here before. However, since by chance today happens to be the anniversary of my first show, I'll chime in:

First show (outdoors): June 5, 1976, Oakland Stadium, Day on the Green #3: Jeff Beck, Santana, Journey, Tower of Power, Boz Scaggs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_on_the_Green
First show (indoors): January 25, 1977, Cow Palace: ELO, Firefall, Steve Hillage
Honorable mention
Second show (indoors): February 5, 1977, Cow Palace: Foghat, Sammy Hagar (with special guest Ronnie Montrose), Rick Derringer

I'm also inspired by Don's link to the Cow Palace site. Thanks for that @dstrimbu. For those of you interested in Bay Area concert history, I've attached a tab-delimited text file which contains a list of Bill Graham Presents events from 1965 to 1989. Check it out!

Attachments

• bill graham fillmore database tab delimited2.txt
    639.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #119,579 of 151,309
I see we're revisiting the "shows attended" portion of the sine wave, and I'm pretty sure I've posted comments about these 3 shows here before. However, since by chance today happens to be the anniversary of my first show, I'll chime in:

First show (outdoors): June 5, 1976, Oakland Stadium, Day on the Green #3: Jeff Beck, Santana, Journey, Tower of Power, Boz Scaggs
First show (indoors): January 25, 1977, Cow Palace: ELO, Firefall, Steve Hillage
Honorable mention
Second show (indoors): February 5, 1977, Cow Palace: Foghat, Sammy Hagar (with special guest Ronnie Montrose), Rick Derringer

I'm also inspired by Don's link to the Cow Palace site. Thanks for that @dstrimbu. For those of you interested in Bay Area concert history, I've attached a tab-delimited text file which contains a list of Bill Graham Presents events from 1965 to 1989. Check it out!
Wow, very cool! Thanks!

Jun 5, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #119,580 of 151,309

Honorable mention

Ha, if that's where we are right now, I was at this show, and it was fantastic!

Listening right now on my Folkvangr with my RS1x
:gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back