Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 12, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #116,476 of 153,123
In everything, there are a seemingly unlimited number of people willing to pronounce judgement, and deliver their wisdom at length, all without the benefit of ever having any experience with the subject at hand.

It is a miraculous age, full of people who have extrasensory perception and unlimited time!

Or...maybe something else.
VERY Pithy. I am going to quote this repeatedly

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:01 PM Post #116,477 of 153,123
In everything, there are a seemingly unlimited number of people willing to pronounce judgement, and deliver their wisdom at length, all without the benefit of ever having any experience with the subject at hand.

It is a miraculous age, full of people who have extrasensory perception and unlimited time!

Or...maybe something else.
It is perhaps a combination of Warhol's supposed statement on fame and every one garnering it for 15 minutes and the sad reality of the film "Idiocracy" made real on a daily basis before our very eyes. Every one is an "expert" at every thing. Or so they feel. Feel, not think! If I may?

These people you speak of? The ones the world is turgid with? They are full of themselves. And that is being polite.

Say g'nite ORT. Goodnight ORT!

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #116,478 of 153,123
VERY Pithy. I am going to quote this repeatedly
Distilling further:

We are in an age of telepathic artists...or psychopathic autists.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #116,479 of 153,123
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #116,480 of 153,123
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 12, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #116,482 of 153,123
Reply guys getting their 15 minutes 0.0001s at a time...

...sorry, in weird mood, working on the Balanced chapter.
Cliff from Cheers would have had a terrible time if the internet existed in that era... LOL:relaxed:

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #116,483 of 153,123
On a side note, how many phone numbers can you Schittizens remember?

I think maybe I can do 10... I used to know at least 50 before smartphones.

No joke, I had to call my work phone to give someone the number.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #116,484 of 153,123
Hm. You might be onto something. I know quite a few artists, but none of them are telepathic. So it must be the other thing.

Although, come to think of it, I also know quite a few autistic people — myself included. And none of them are psychopaths, funny enough. Though I’m still working on it…

Hm. Maybe that’s not it, then, either.

Maybe some people are just dicks.

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #116,485 of 153,123
Distilling further:

Brother, we are surrounded by "sInfluencers" and "sellebrities". My own (portmanteau!) words, believe it or not. I loathe both types of creatures. Yuck. I have no problem with people working for a living but am not so keen when they so painfully shill it up. Kinda sorta like all the "bodybuilders" on BoobTube claiming to be "natural". Shills.

I highly recommend the film I am viewing at this very moment: "Sullivan's Travels". Superb! I have seen it well over fifty times, which is why I can (some times!) do two things at the same time. Write this and watch the film.

Once more...With feeling! Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #116,486 of 153,123
Hm. You might be onto something. I know quite a few artists, but none of them are telepathic. So it must be the other thing.

Although, come to think of it, I also know quite a few autistic people — myself included. And none of them are psychopaths, funny enough. Though I’m still working on it…

Hm. Maybe that’s not it, then, either.

Maybe some people are just dicks.
And most of them feel you are complimenting them when you tell them they are the biggest dick you have ever seen...What a bunch of maroons they are! :ksc75smile:

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #116,487 of 153,123
On a side note, how many phone numbers can you Schittizens remember?

I think maybe I can do 10... I used to know at least 50 before smartphones.

No joke, I had to call my work phone to give someone the number.
No Schiit! I used to be able to get to work and home without my phone's GPS. :unamused:

Apr 12, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #116,489 of 153,123
I'm sure there are other wet shavers on here...
Me too. I have a Merkur, but don't remember the model. Tried Astra, but didn't like them. Tried Feather, thought them amazingly sharp but not smooth or "stable" and got lots of nicks from them. I'm sure practice would have helped, but I settled on Gillette 7 O'clock and didn't have to. I've tried lots of artisan soaps, but my next puck will be a basic glycerin again. For me, Fine Acoutraments splashes have my favorite fragrances, just the right level of bite, and don't leave my skin oily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back