Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #116,461 of 155,083
Could you use a "Y RCA Cable" with a single output from the Syn to both inputs on the center channel amp?
Not sure I follow. Are you asking about splitting the mono centre output with a 'Y' cable and feeding it into the Left and Right of a stereo amp then connecting/summing both Left and Right stereo outputs to the single centre channel speaker?

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #116,462 of 155,083
Yeah, we have like 2 Frames in CA and 3 in Texas in our houses. They also make great computer monitors. No worries on burn-in.

We went with an LG OLED for the Schiitr because I know the OLED mafia would complain we "don't care about the system" if we didn't have an OLED. Personally I like projectors.
I used to sell TVs, Flat screens, and projectors... the projectors always appeared more "cinegraphic"

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #116,463 of 155,083
For those in the area, we should have the Syn surround set up in the Schiitr as of tomorrow. That will include an LG OLED if people want to watch screen content. It's relatively small, though, so it shouldn't be terrible for music.

Oh gawd, I need to do blind listening event, Syn vs Atmos. Except I really don't want to buy and deal with a receiver/processor/bleargh.
I've been hoping someone would compare Atmos from a middle of the pack Denon or related brand with their D* processing and generic DACs with a SYN fed with a Mimby or Bifrost 2 though its analog inputs.

A much better Dac + Syn shaping vs. D* processing and generic DACs.

I wouldnt be surprised if most cases the better dac wins 😊. (which would likely convince me to trade my Marantz for mimby/syn/dedicated amps.

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:21 PM Post #116,464 of 155,083
I've been hoping someone would compare Atmos from a middle of the pack Denon or related brand with their D* processing and generic DACs with a SYN fed with a Mimby or Bifrost 2 though its analog inputs.

A much better Dac + Syn shaping vs. D* processing and generic DACs.

I wouldnt be surprised if most cases the better dac wins 😊. (which would likely convince me to trade my Marantz for mimby/syn/dedicated amps.

While not the same, my Saga and Bifrost MB OG pieces, through a 3rd party power amp, sound much better than my Yamaha Aventage AVR, that I just mentioned. That TOTL Yamaha used ESS Sabre DACs too, for all channels, so it does sound very good. But, my Schiit setup sounds far better. Better soundstage and image localization, much punchier bass response with improved timbre. Where the Yamaha has a wide soundstage, the Schiit image is wide and deep. While I still use the Yamaha in a different system, the Schiit gear is the heart of my 2 channel listening room. :laughing:

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #116,465 of 155,083
Yeah, we have like 2 Frames in CA and 3 in Texas in our houses. They also make great computer monitors. No worries on burn-in.

We went with an LG OLED for the Schiitr because I know the OLED mafia would complain we "don't care about the system" if we didn't have an OLED. Personally I like projectors.
Great minds! (ha!, wish my mind were great...or given the BBQ focus around here, maybe I should settle for a "grate mind" :thinking:)

Is it me, or have "mafias" become something of an epidemic....?

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #116,466 of 155,083
But—and hear me out—what if carping about unattainable goods and/or things that give other people joy is the only thing left in your life that makes you feel something!? 😳🤪
K, my philosopher queen answered this from the ethical PoV, in which she is a trained authority.

If my puny mind understood and I'm paraphrasing correctly, it's not ethical for someone to derive enjoyment by demeaning someone else's chosen means of enjoyment. Kind of obvious when phrased so bluntly, maybe?

Yet another symptom leading to a diagnosis for the end times, fall of civilization, etc.

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #116,467 of 155,083
...wound up walking out with a new Sony OLED Google TV. ...
I have a few years old one of those. Picture is great but I hate everything else about the TV.

I really wish they'd go back to making "hardware only" TVs (yeah, yeah, firmware blech-boom-bah. you know what I mean). I'd pay the extra $$$ to make up the for "ad discount" smart tvs use to look cheaper.... Gaming monitors almost fit the need but then they load up on gaming features that drive the price up 2-4x...

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #116,468 of 155,083
Is it me, or have "mafias" become something of an epidemic....?
In everything, there are a seemingly unlimited number of people willing to pronounce judgement, and deliver their wisdom at length, all without the benefit of ever having any experience with the subject at hand.

It is a miraculous age, full of people who have extrasensory perception and unlimited time!

Or...maybe something else.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 12, 2023 at 7:52 PM Post #116,469 of 155,083
K, my philosopher queen answered this from the ethical PoV, in which she is a trained authority.

If my puny mind understood and I'm paraphrasing correctly, it's not ethical for someone to derive enjoyment by demeaning someone else's chosen means of enjoyment. Kind of obvious when phrased so bluntly, maybe?

Yet another symptom leading to a diagnosis for the end times, fall of civilization, etc.
As my mother taught me: Which is easier to make and keep, a friend or an enemy?

A friend involves a lifetime commitment filled with highs, lows and every thing in between. And an enemy?

Simple. Take being an asshole to a new level by being a whole ass. No real work or commitment at all. Do this enough times to enough people and you will die alone.

No thanks. :beerchug:

Apr 12, 2023 at 8:08 PM Post #116,471 of 155,083
any updates on the status of the Syn's with the misprinted tops? still no response...
No response from who? If you didn't get an automated response immediately from orders@schiit.com, check spam. If you did get an automated response, poke them and let me know.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back