Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 4, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #112,278 of 152,810
Is there a pic of the back of the board?

(added)
Somrwhere on stereo.net.au theres a pic of LS50 stock and “upgrade” crossovers

I haven't found front and back pictures yet. Still hunting. I did find a few crossover mods too, that should be fun to play with. :)

I've seen some of those modded LS50 crossovers. I wish I could hear them. Aliexpress even sells completed stock boards. Maybe they could be used as upgrades for the bookshelf Q models?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #112,279 of 152,810
Following in the footsteps and generosity of Paladin79 (Full disclosure: I cannot fill those shoes) I am giving away AKG KC245 headphones and an amp with IC rolling capabilities. You also get the IC puller which I never used. The amp was sent to me by a fellow head-fier for free. I bought the head phones.

If you live in the lower 48 States, I will send these items free of charge. I will pay for shipping. First person to Private Message me gets the goods..

Attachments

• 100_3634.JPG
    100_3634.JPG
    527.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_3635.JPG
    100_3635.JPG
    461.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 4, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #112,280 of 152,810
Following in the footsteps and generosity of Paladin79 (Full disclosure: I cannot fill those shoes) I am giving away AKG KC245 headphones and an amp with IC rolling capabilities. You also get the IC puller which I never used. The amp was sent to me by a fellow head-fier for free. I bought the head phones.

If you live in the lower 48 States, I will send these items free of charge. I will pay for shipping. First person to Private Message me gets the goods..

Well done...! :)

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #112,281 of 152,810

I love the generosity of this community!

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #112,282 of 152,810

Altoids amps r fun 🙂

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #112,283 of 152,810
Listening to Gjallarhorn today and yesterday....way more powerful than expected.
My hardest to drive speakers are ELAC Uni-Fi UB5 Slim 4 ohm/85dB...G-Horn drove them louder than needed in a fairly large room that opens up to another large room...case was warm and heatsink fins got hot but not tube hot.
However, G-Horn required an active pre-amp as ELAC's sounded thin, dimensionless, & weak with passive Sys pre.
Schiit Magni Piety has excellent synergy as a pre-amp, adding emotional involvement.
The G-Horn is unexpectedly neutral sounding...and not in a Class D cool tone & edgy/glassy way...I don't consider Class D to sound neutral like some people...and yes I realize you can warm up Class D with a non-stock input buffer or pre-amp.
Next test is against my Van Alstine SET 120 power amp using Tekton Lore.

schiit 2 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #112,284 of 152,810
Mar 4, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #112,285 of 152,810

It feels good to help others.🤪

Mar 4, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #112,286 of 152,810
My first action would be to mix bourbon with mushrooms for extended effect on both.
We have a chemist here so please enlighten us.
Bourbon works nicely on the back end of a mycelial experience to make the landing nice and smooth. Thus I have heard. :smile_cat:

PS- Talk about sonic enhancement! :smiley_cat:

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #112,287 of 152,810
Speaking street names; my wife and i actually discovered the intersection of Moose & Squirrel in Banff!
I see your Rocky & Bullwinkle and raise you the intersection of Pegasus & Unicorn here in Bakersfield. Everyone's dreaming (mostly of leaving)…

Mar 4, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #112,288 of 152,810
Schiit N Music
Saturday Night

# 1,000 🎇:fireworks:

Nine years and two months of membership to reach 1,000 posts.
I have always been a bit slow :wink:

Tonight.
Blues (what else?)

Mac Mini 2011 -> Gungnir MB Unison -> balanced -> Mjolnir 2 (6N23P OTK Reflektor - NOS - 1971) -> balanced -> HiFiMan Edition XS, 18 ohms

This kit provides clarity, detail and extensive instrument/musician separation. I feel as if I am on stage among the band. Odd placement.
These are comfortable, not at Beyerdynamic T1 level, but close.
Sounding wonderful.
I could keep enjoying this for way too long past sleep time. Another night of "life is good".

Curious.
I have only rolled 3 or 4 tubes past the XS. Anyone enjoying an Edition XS with specific tube?

Playlist examples:
Muddy Waters
Long John Baldry
Bo Diddley
BB King
Eric Clapton
Ana Popović
Cab Calloway
Carl Perkins
Etta James
Howlin' Wolf
John Lee Hooker
Louis Armstrong
Moby Grape
Aretha Franklin
Pinetop Perkins
The Original Blues Brothers Band
Son House
Memphis Slim
Steve Cropper, Albert King & Pops Staples
Arthur Brown
and so many more (playlist is 2.4 days long)

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
Old and busted 69,

r2

Mar 5, 2023 at 12:22 AM Post #112,289 of 152,810
Impromptu visit to The Schiitr

On the road from NorCal to SoCal and points east I had the opportunity to stop at The Schiitr. What a wonderful place!

Met Will, a great affable fellow, who gave me the tour of the place and facilitated several demos. Little stuff and big stuff, amps and dacs.

Had a listen to the new Gjallarhorn but that did not work out given the tinny speakers available for that, which are far from doing justice to the amp. I suspect the amp is as good as many report but The Schittr needs a pair of decent, efficient speakers. I highly recommend the original Klipsch RP 600M (still available) or its replacement the RP 600M II. I hope @Jason Stoddard will consider getting those to showcase his latest design. I look forward to listening to the amp with proper transducers in a future visit.

I also listened to the new entry level dac - Modi+ - and that did not disappoint. I have a mmb2 and I’m considering the Modi+ for another system.

I’m glad I stopped by. Highly recommended!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back