Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 25, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #111,706 of 150,625
Gjal? Gjally?

"Yo, dawg, I got a pair of Gjallies as monoblocks"

Eh?....eh?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gjallarhorn
I would just call them what they are, maybe say ‘Golly’ for short.
My wife and I spent two weeks in Iceland in 2015 (highly recommended). I’m thinking, Icelandic is kind of close to old English, with a little study of the pronunctiation rules I should be able to get by. Not even close, ‘Takk’ was about all I could manage. Thankfully even the cashiers at the N1 gas stations had better English grammar than most people in the United States.

Feb 25, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #111,707 of 150,625
Has anyone figured out a nickname for the 10 watt amp? I will never remember that long Viking name....something simple like "hor
I refer to it as G-Horn
There's some out there, like Floyd Freud level person, that says that 500W is the minimum amount of power to do transients correctly.
FTFY :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #111,708 of 150,625
I went through the posts since yesterday, and below is the list of folks that I think (sorry if I missed anyone) expressed interest in a NC SchiitKit Meet. Denise has emailed both @golfbravobravo and myself, and I'm hoping the three of us can speak next week on what the logistics and planning look like. If you are interested in helping us with the planning work, please PM me and GBB to let us know.
Once we have a plan, we will announce the details here and elsewhere as appropriate, and of course anyone is invited to attend (even from Japan @Currawong !).
@bcowen @Luckyleo @Paladin79 @allans @StimpyWan @adydula @White Hat Bob @Jason Stoddard @r2muchstuff @chronoso @DennisLL @RCBinTN @tincanear

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #111,709 of 150,625
Low level amps are actually impressive and I share the view re use; having a Nagra 300i and a first watt j2; both having 10-20w. They sound very well also loud with the likes as a Burmester small l/s or a bw 804

I am really contemplating buying one of these Schiit amps…

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #111,710 of 150,625
…. It’s sideways …. like his Carolina Blue house …. like his Incubus Inelegans …. 🤣
So what's wrong with blue? All the rest of the houses in my neighborhood have that "weathered wood" color. So boring. I like mine much better. Personal preference and all, I suppose... 🤣

1677328759425.png

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #111,711 of 150,625
Hmmm, did Kim Philby work there?
LOL! I don't think so. When he took up residence in Moscow in the early '60's, the KGB didn't really trust him and would only let him use GE tubes. 🤣

Feb 25, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #111,714 of 150,625
Eagerly waiting to hear with which loudspeakers everyone is pairing with the new amps.

The Klipsch Jubilee would be the fantastic!

Which loudspeakers is used in the picture of Schiit?
Looks like 2 different speakers for each amp, so 4 monitors or mini-monitors

Feb 25, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #111,715 of 150,625
I vote version I. In Piano Black. Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?
Indeed.

I picked up a V1 for a steal when V2 first came out. They are a fantastic sounding speaker. For the price they are hard to beat.

Feb 25, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #111,716 of 150,625
Feb 25, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #111,717 of 150,625
I went through the posts since yesterday, and below is the list of folks that I think (sorry if I missed anyone) expressed interest in a NC SchiitKit Meet. Denise has emailed both @golfbravobravo and myself, and I'm hoping the three of us can speak next week on what the logistics and planning look like. If you are interested in helping us with the planning work, please PM me and GBB to let us know.
Once we have a plan, we will announce the details here and elsewhere as appropriate, and of course anyone is invited to attend (even from Japan @Currawong !).
@bcowen @Luckyleo @Paladin79 @allans @StimpyWan @adydula @White Hat Bob @Jason Stoddard @r2muchstuff @chronoso @DennisLL @RCBinTN @tincanear
It warms my heart to read there's a meet to be organized! Here are a few ideas ...

- Create a dedicated meet thread - Amos posted the link
- Ask Jude for a banner on the Head-Fi main screen
- Ask people to commit on the meet thread and list what gear they will bring
- Thread starter then updates attendance / gear on the main thread page - so, it's all in one place
- Contact audio companies and ask for gear to give away in exchange for publicity - it works
- Since a SchiitKit is in play - designated person(s) responsible for set-up, break-down and return to Schiit
- Be sure to invite family and friends outside of Head-Fi
- There are many venue considerations ...
- Name tags
- With everyone streaming now, need good wi-fi or extenders
- Plenty of extension cords
- A central table for "For Sale or Trade" gear - any gear landing there must contain seller's name and price
- Access to food/drink nearby or ability to cater
- Enough space to keep food separate from audio gear
- No TV showing NC basketball - my experience was a Vols / Gators football game = not cool
- Volunteer(s) to take pictures & publish to the thread
- After the meet, close the invitation thread and create a separate "meet impressions" thread for comments & pictures. Use it to help plan your next meet.

Well, that's just all I can think of :)
To the guy who's organized and held all our most recent regional meets, any other ideas @kilkil?

Feb 25, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #111,718 of 150,625
Feb 25, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #111,720 of 150,625
So you wait until I move, and then organize a meet? Fine. I'm not offended. I'll just have to find another venue to give away all these tubes. 🤣 🤣
Hey I know my way around Georgia, when the tube giveaway begins keep me posted. :ksc75smile: Your new house is in Kudzu Acres right?
iu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back