Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 16, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #110,717 of 150,262
This makes me laugh every time I start MS teams meeting. :D

1676494727059.png
I can either do that or this...
1676557143447.png

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #110,718 of 150,262
Aaaaaannnnnnddddd...TI DSPs are running!

Literally the best news of the year. True Multibit DACs are safe. We may even be able to keep Modi Multibit 2 in production, and release the Unison Multibit DAC card.

The cynical side of me expects the Analog Devices DSP deliveries to begin today.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #110,719 of 150,262
+1 for posting a Jeff Beck track. :beerchug:

My favorite version (notice I didn't say best) is from Live At Ronnie Scott's.
Some celebrities in the crowd but you need to look fast. 1:52.

+1 to that version ... Jeff had amazing control over the strat ... he truly could make it cry or sing. I think that is Robert Plant at 1:52 and I heard that Jimmy Page was there as well. They came out to see the master play the stratocaster. :)

Feb 16, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #110,720 of 150,262
Oh, and the final hurdle on the Urd is cleared; we're getting those scheduled now. Probably May/June.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #110,721 of 150,262

Literally the best news of the year. True Multibit DACs are safe. We may even be able to keep Modi Multibit 2 in production, and release the Unison Multibit DAC card.

The cynical side of me expects the Analog Devices DSP deliveries to begin today.
Tomorrow. You will get exactly one night of satisfaction

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #110,723 of 150,262
You mistake preference for prejudice. I still prefer the ritual of putting a hard copy (vinyl/tape/CD) in play.

However, if you still feel I'm unfairly slagging on streaming platforms, as an independent artist and producer for a few decades, I've watched my income dwindle in the streaming era. As has many of my independent and record labeled friends. Streaming platforms have a horrible record of artist payments. Then the pandemic took the live revenue away. I'm not complaining. Too much. The music biz was a tough business before streaming - and a slightly tougher one after.

Good for you buying direct from BandCamp - while they are still artist-focused. We can only hope Epic doesn't get too greedy too soon.
Not defending streaming, defending digital. Keeping an eye on how Bandcamp behaves towards artists, so far no complaints from artists I follow directly.

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #110,724 of 150,262
+1 to that version ... Jeff had amazing control over the strat ... he truly could make it cry or sing. I think that is Robert Plant at 1:52 and I heard that Jimmy Page was there as well. They came out to see the master play the stratocaster. :)
Jimmy Page shows up for a few seconds somewhere in the video. I can't remember which song. Might have to watch it again. :)

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #110,725 of 150,262
Jimmy Page shows up for a few seconds somewhere in the video. I can't remember which song. Might have to watch it again. :)
I don't need any excuse ... I watch / listen about once a month. Same frequency I use for shaving. Retirement is good.
:)

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #110,726 of 150,262

A Schiit News Day, in the best way.

Andrew

Feb 16, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #110,727 of 150,262

And another audio-nervosa is born leading to the newest niche obsession - DSP rolling. :D

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #110,730 of 150,262
And another audio-nervosa is born leading to the newest niche obsession - DSP rolling. :D
Ergo the "Slide-in hardware modules and a MicroSD card slot" or "truly modular architecture, both hardware and firmware" :)
- Nevosa no more! just collect 'em all and get those late night audio sweats going as you A/B into the early morning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back