Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 9, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #110,206 of 150,791
+1.

in some instances, perhaps the records showed inventory of product X, but the exact location within Schiit facilities wasn't well documented (e.g. 2nd run of Freya S happened because they "found" a batch of production-quality metalwork; ERP system was just added within the last year or two; after the introduction of latest Magni+ and Modi+ Jason posted that they located a run or two of older Magni and Modi units, etc.)
Understood, but for the Yggy’s, if they found components they would cased them up as Yggy + units.
Many many years ago I was a controller for a grass seed company, and my warehouse guy could lay his hands on any arcane product, down to the lot number in five minutes or less.

Feb 9, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #110,207 of 150,791
Maybe not "beer" so much as it's darker cousin - there are quite a few Stouts aged in Bourbon, Whisky rum casks too. Here's some we have tried :
NameBreweryCountryAlcohol
Bourbon Aged StoutInnis & GunnScotland
7.40%​
Rockafella Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark AleStockade Brew CoAustralia
5.50%​
Bourbon Barrel StoutAnderson Valley Brewing Co.USA
6.90%​
Trinity in Black Bourbon BAPuhasteEstonia
13.50%​
Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial StoutHawkers BeerAustralia
12.80%​
Muda Bourbon/Maple Syrup BAPuhasteEstonia
12.00%​

:beerchug:

Edit
Found two more on my list:
Barrel Aged Victory at SeaBallast Point Brewing CoUSA
12.00%​
CBSFounders BrewingUSA
11.70%​

BA Victory at Sea is one of the best we have had.
There is also Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Aged Ale. Haven't had one in a while, but it is delicious.

Feb 9, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #110,209 of 150,791
Maybe not "beer" so much as it's darker cousin - there are quite a few Stouts aged in Bourbon, Whisky rum casks too. Here's some we have tried :
NameBreweryCountryAlcohol
Bourbon Aged StoutInnis & GunnScotland
7.40%​
Rockafella Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark AleStockade Brew CoAustralia
5.50%​
Bourbon Barrel StoutAnderson Valley Brewing Co.USA
6.90%​
Trinity in Black Bourbon BAPuhasteEstonia
13.50%​
Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial StoutHawkers BeerAustralia
12.80%​
Muda Bourbon/Maple Syrup BAPuhasteEstonia
12.00%​

:beerchug:

Edit
Found two more on my list:
Barrel Aged Victory at SeaBallast Point Brewing CoUSA
12.00%​
CBSFounders BrewingUSA
11.70%​

BA Victory at Sea is one of the best we have had.
This is some of the finest research that has been published here all week. :smile_cat:

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #110,210 of 150,791
I think schiit sells what they want, when they want on B stock.

I take their available B stock inventory to mean this is whats offered for sale right now.

I do not take it to mean this is all they have left of X.
Basically the return policy, hence the stocking fee.

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #110,211 of 150,791
In case anyone missed this.

Not to sound disrespectful, but I couldn't stop seeing trucknutz on the reviewer's chin.
1675952093698.png

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #110,212 of 150,791
I have a pair of Infinity Renaissance 80 speakers and one has developed a blown tweeter. Does anyone know where to obtain a replacement or are these speakers at end of life?

EMIT Tweeters Pair 502-5228

1675952293384.png

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #110,213 of 150,791
SchiitrMeet February
Class A vs the Rest

Hey guys,

I recently wrote a chapter on all the different flavors of Class A (SE, push-pull, complementary, etc). And of course someone asked if we could compare all different kinds, how it compares to AB, what about Continuity...great questions, but kinda hard to implement the same kind of amp with different types of output stages.

Or so I thought.

Here's what we can do: we can compare Class AB, Class A, and Continuity amps that are otherwise exactly the same. And we can do it blind. And we can see where the chips fall. Hey, maybe everyone will love AB and we can all save a ton of power.

All the best,
Jason
But if the first 10 watts is class A in all the examples, how often will you hear the np mismatch or other class b uglies?

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #110,214 of 150,791
But if the first 10 watts is class A in all the examples, how often will you hear the np mismatch or other class b uglies?
It isn't.

Class AB will be about 1W. Typical of a good Class AB amp. And it has the Continity stuff removed.
Continuity™ will be about 10W, as it always has.
Class A will be 20W. And it has the Continuity stuff removed.

Of course, Class A is Class A complementary, not Class A SE or Class A push-pull. Those would require a lot more work to change the output stage. Maybe in the future. I only had this idea last week, after all.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #110,215 of 150,791
Not to sound disrespectful, but I couldn't stop seeing trucknutz on the reviewer's chin.

Ron has been doing the review thing in Texas for a while and has a fair amount of Schiit come through his studio
The "trucknutz" look is a pretty radical departure from what he was sporting a couple years back (Bifrost 2 review)

ron-nrd-bifrost-2.png

To trucknutz, or not to trucknutz ... :thinking:

Regardless of appearances I enjoy his style and approach - as with all reviewers, take with a grain of salt and do your own research, OR just ask the people in this thread who have owned every piece of Schiit that has ever been made! :)

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #110,216 of 150,791
I have a bottle of Glenlivet finished in a champagne barrel. I prefer their "regular" offering. But that's just me.
The last time I found Oban here, it was their "Special" that was finished in (I think) a sherry cask. Too sweet for me - I prefer their regular offering, but it's hard to find - they are a small distiller. Oh, and this is Tennessee. :)

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #110,217 of 150,791
I have a pair of Infinity Renaissance 80 speakers and one has developed a blown tweeter. Does anyone know where to obtain a replacement or are these speakers at end of life?
EMIT Tweeters Pair 502-5228

Here's a U.S. listing for what appears to be the same tweeters.

HE EMIT

Also, there's a member at the AudioKarma Infinity Forum, that has been developing replacement diaphragms for Infinity speakers. Midrange domes, and EMIT and Emim's. He's now working on a HE Emim. I would think he'll soon start a HE EMIT project. I'd contact him, and see if that is something he'd consider doing?

One other possibility for parts, is Infinity Germany. European countries require spare parts support much longer than the U.S. I've read about Infinity owners finding parts at Infinity or eBay in Germany.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #110,218 of 150,791
Early this morning I decided to listen to some music that uses Dolby Atmos for the headphones only. This is on Amazon. Many years ago I bought several Dolby Surround encoded CDs such as movie soundtracks, etc. Nice music but via headphones or speakers there was no discernible difference for me. I hoped Atmos would be an improvement.

It was not.

When I read about people that experience things like Dolby Atmos for headphones and they say it is really good and then I listen and I do not hear Schiit (aka: excellent results!) I begin to wonder if Dolby Atmos ain't nuffin' but MQA². Of course I can hear a difference in film that is properly encoded/decoded in Atmos and especially so Action/Adventure films but music is music and even with Quad in the '70s I never felt as though I "was there".

Listening to the Atmos stuff cost me only time but at 2 a.m., I am not really doing anything else. Hopefully this version of Atmos will get better for both 'phones and speakers (especially so via speakers). Like all things music and equipment oriented if I can not hear a real difference within 30 to 60 or so seconds I tend to go on to the next selection. I did listen to a variety of Atmos encoded genres, some longer because I kinda liked the music and some for as long as it took me to recoginze cRap and hit the "next" button but if there was no revelation to be heard I refuse to strain my ears to find the "magic". There was no difference to ME :beerchug:as far as "special spacializationizing". Bummer.

I am an more an audio enthusiast as opposed to Audiophile and I am definitely not a frAudiophile. It is kinda sorta like bodybuilding. I am no longer what I consider to be a bodybuilder but I am more that which used to be called a "Physical Culturist".

I think Dolby can make Atmos work for music, perhaps more so for multiple speaker set ups and less for headphones? For now, "stereo" is more than capable of keeping me satisfied. Especially via headphones.

Feb 9, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #110,219 of 150,791
I've found Ron at New Record Day has seemed to have gotten a bit more sanctimonious in his presentation in the last couple years. I used to like him but he kind of grates on me the wrong way now. It could be the trucknutz beard but I don't think it is just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back