Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 25, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #109,051 of 153,251
Just ordered a silver Lokius, plus the upgraded silver knobs. It should go between my Freya S and my Aegir, correct? I haven't had an eq since the 90's

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #109,052 of 153,251
Just ordered a silver Lokius, plus the upgraded silver knobs. It should go between my Freya S and my Aegir, correct? I haven't had an eq since the 90's
You mean like this right? 🤪
IMG_20230125_161349.jpg

Jan 25, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #109,055 of 153,251
You mean like this right? 🤪
IMG_20230125_161349.jpg
I was actually thinking of stacking the Lokius on top of the Aegir, then the Freya S on top of the Lokius....what could go wrong?

Jan 25, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #109,056 of 153,251
Since I ever only have one source in all my setups—a DAC of some sort—I have all my analog flavor enhancers sit between each chain's respective DAC and headphone amp or preamp.

With headphone amps you don't really have a choice anyway.
In two channel systems, placing it between your source and preamp might not necessarily be an option, however, if you have more than one source in your chain. Or no more than two sources and one happens to be balanced and the other single-ended. Or if you only want to EQ just one of your sources for some reason.

So… Things should still work just fine if you wired your Lokius between your preamp and power amp.

But personally, I prefer to add my sonic eleven herbs and spices to the signal before it gets attenuated. So at least for me, Lokius always goes between the DAC and the headphone amp or preamp.

Jan 25, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #109,057 of 153,251
Since I ever only have one source in all my setups—a DAC of some sort—I have all my analog flavor enhancers sit between each chain's respective DAC and headphone amp or preamp.

With headphone amps you don't really have a choice anyway.
In two channel systems, placing it between your source and preamp might not necessarily be an option, however, if you have more than one source in your chain. Or no more than two sources and one happens to be balanced and the other single-ended. Or if you only want to EQ just one of your sources for some reason.

So… Things should still work just fine if you wired your Lokius between your preamp and power amp.

But personally, I prefer to add my sonic eleven herbs and spices to the signal before it gets attenuated. So at least for me, Lokius always goes between the DAC and the headphone amp or preamp.
I am 100% digital, so I could put it between my Gungnir Multibit and my Freya S, in that case I could use the balanced connectors, I already have the cables to do it.

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #109,058 of 153,251
Jan 25, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #109,059 of 153,251
I ended up keeping the knobs that came with Lokius silver, I liked the way the concentric circles look better, but the lokius in the picture doesnt have those knobs. Also hard to put on the other ones, felt like I might damage the pots. I did replace the black ones with silver and the silver Magni sized ones with silver upgrades from Schiit.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #109,063 of 153,251
Nice...! :grinning:

I once owned a pair of Mission Argonaut's. Unfortunately, stolen in a move, along with several NAD pieces. It's not like I really need more gear, but I wish I still had the speakers!

9847 (1).jpg
Lovely speakers - I once had a Mission 777 power amp - absolute beast casework and sounded really good - It disappeared with my made to measure Raleigh TI road bike on a house move !!!
mission.jpg

Jan 26, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #109,065 of 153,251

Bear with me, I got the new Schiit incorporated into this rig and wanted to share. Freya N feeding a Vidar, with a Bifrost and Mani assisting with source duties.
The tuner is a Rega Radio 3 (not many of those left I’m sure) with a Rega P25 turntable, rounded out with old NAD CD and Cassette deck. Transducers are a work in progress, currently Polk bookshelves but dreaming of adding Mission 770s.
Nice Blower Bentley pic!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back