Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 26, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #109,081 of 150,558
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1002006948/beautiful-birdseye-maple-vinyl-record?

Here is the ad for the vinyl record storage box I use, I received it as a gift. You can order them with or without finish, I completed mine and added my own casters. They also make a version which appears to be pine for less money.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/997439625/vinyl-record-crate-stained-with-dovetail?
Looks great... pine version is still a bit pricey, however could make a great casting mold for someone with more pulpable tastes.

But, @bcowen's stringent standards may require forged cardboard only - hand wrought rot with just scissors and packing tape. 🤣

Jan 26, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #109,082 of 150,558
Looks great... pine version is still a bit pricey, however could make a great casting mold for someone with more pulpable tastes.

But, @bcowen's stringent standards may require forged cardboard only - hand wrought rot with just scissors and packing tape. 🤣
Well personally I could not have bought the lumber and tooling to make myself just one box for $300 on the more expensive box. I bet I would have spent at least three days in woodworking not to mention the learning curve. I just made one small mistake on box joints and now I have to start all over. That was after several practice runs lol.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #109,083 of 150,558
I was actually thinking of stacking the Lokius on top of the Aegir, then the Freya S on top of the Lokius....what could go wrong?
As an Aegir owner I can tell you that those things get WARM.
I wouldn't put anything on top of it.
(but you were joking, right? :innocent:)

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #109,084 of 150,558
While I can appreciate the work and artistry of a wood LP cabinet, I’m still cheap when it comes to practical things. My vinyl sits in $8 IKEA bins.
CC136BB9-B407-4E60-BEB9-F676004F8C09.jpeg

Maybe if I ever get my own house I’ll come up with something fancier.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #109,085 of 150,558
As an Aegir owner I can tell you that those things get WARM.
I wouldn't put anything on top of it.
(but you were joking, right? :innocent:)
Yes, I was joking. In reality my Aegir gets its own shelf.

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #109,086 of 150,558
Well personally I could not have bought the lumber and tooling to make myself just one set for $300 on the more expensive set. I bet I would have spent at least three days in woodworking not to mention the learning curve. I just made one small mistake on box joints and now I have to start all over. That was after several practice runs lol.
IME, if you make a dozen big mistakes on a box joint, no one notices the one small one. :sweat_smile:

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #109,087 of 150,558
So… Things should still work just fine if you wired your Lokius between your preamp and power amp.
Yep. Tried that layout (with Loki Max) and it worked just fine.

But personally, I prefer to add my sonic eleven herbs and spices to the signal before it gets attenuated. So at least for me, Lokius always goes between the DAC and the headphone amp or preamp.
Me too, so I "moved" (virtually, not physically) Loki Max to sit between my sources (using the SE input for my phono preamp, and the balanced input for Yggdrasil) and my (balanced) preamp. Works perfectly. Highly recommended. <g>

p.s. - what is really amazing is the level of control that these EQs deliver; none of the pots on the Loki are further than three clicks off null and the difference in the overall system's sound is spectacular. Loki is really helping me get around some of the limitations of my listening room and also helping me integrate the RELs properly. Another great piece of Schiit from our favorite audio equipment manufacturer!

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #109,088 of 150,558
While I can appreciate the work and artistry of a wood LP cabinet, I’m still cheap when it comes to practical things. My vinyl sits in $8 IKEA bins.
CC136BB9-B407-4E60-BEB9-F676004F8C09.jpeg

Maybe if I ever get my own house I’ll come up with something fancier.
"I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn"

Fortunately the music doesn't care about fancy storage :)

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #109,089 of 150,558
Jan 26, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #109,090 of 150,558
"I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn"

Fortunately the music doesn't care about fancy storage :)
I have no association whatsoever with the maker of my vinyl cabinet, I just happen to like quality hardwoods. Each to their own, this one is right for me. :ksc75smile: I have hundreds of other albums stored in a wooden cabinet in my shop, I just wanted some place where I could keep fifty or so for my day to day listening. It is also on casters so it is easy move around and get out of the way if I want.

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #109,092 of 150,558
Check the shipping cost though lol, I think it is around $71 or so.
Today I will be working with lace wood and probably canary wood. I also have mesquite and olive wood on the way for future builds. I just looked and if any of you are wanting to build mini speakers I have extra cabinets ready in ambrosia maple and canary wood. I need to find more space. :ksc75smile:
$400 with shipping and a lid. I could go $200 for what looks like could hold a couple thousand $$ of lps, but $400 is getting up there. I need something that isn't open to dust, however.

I'd rather spend the money on mini speakers.

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #109,093 of 150,558
I have no association whatsoever with the maker of my vinyl cabinet, I just happen to like quality hardwoods. Each to their own, this one is right for me. :ksc75smile: I have hundreds of other albums stored in a wooden cabinet in my shop, I just wanted some place where I could keep fifty or so for my day to day listening. It is also on casters so it is easy move around and get out of the way if I want.

No explanation needed for pointing people down a helpful path :)
Your commentary and plethora of hand crafted woodworking goodness is one of the reasons I enjoy visiting this thread!
:beerchug:

Jan 26, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #109,094 of 150,558
No explanation needed for pointing people down a helpful path :)
Your commentary and plethora of hand crafted woodworking goodness is one of the reasons I enjoy visiting this thread!
:beerchug:
Some are related to audio, even Schiit audio. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back