Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 7, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #105,196 of 150,563
Logitech?
Really?
Well, good for you. And I mean that with all my heart.
But for me? No thanks.
The hardware they put out is still pretty darn good. But the software they lock you into so that you can make full use of the hardware they sell is by far the worst in the business. Maybe only superseded by the quality of their customer support department. Not only is it near-impossible to talk to an actual human, the few humans they do have are barely more intelligent than the AI-based support robot they deploy as a first "line of defense" when you need to talk to someone.
And if and when you actually have enough patience to work your way first past the AI, then up three to four tiers of "support ticket escalation" until you finally end up with an actual coder responsible for the bit of the software that's not working, you have to explain to that brainiac how to actually code.

If you ever need to know what your audio experience would look like once some people's wish comes true and Schiit starts to use screens and software for their gear to work, just buy yourself a Logitech product, and you'll be "healed" from that must-have-software-anywhere BS in no time.

So, thanks, but no thanks. As far as I'm concerned, Logitech can die in a fire. And the sooner, the better.
I really like the Razr mouse and mechanical keyboard that I use. But I hate the fact that they keep trying to install and run software. Yes, I know you can do fancy colors with it, not why I bought the keyboard. Works out of the box with Chrome OS. If only I could get it to do that with Windows.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #105,198 of 150,563
Seriously dating myself but my all time favorite was a stock IBM AT Style mechanical keyboard - LOUD and very satisfying, especially when frustrated :wink:. It had the large round connector that I found a PS2 style adapter for more recently. I'd share a photo of it, but during that period of my IT life I was mildly addicted to cheetos and the keyboard aquired a bit of, ummm, a "patina". Wouldn't want to spoil anyone's dinner......
I LOVED those!

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #105,199 of 150,563
That's nothing. Try calling your local Dominos for a delivery status when they're an hour past the stated time....

🤣 🤣
Well, your first mistake was calling Domino's, when they have gotten so expensive that a mom and pop joint will make a better pizza for less now.

Don't look at me, though. I still order Domino's. :weary:

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #105,200 of 150,563
Since Schiit doesn't have a refurbished store, out of curiosity what happens to all the gear people return in the 14 day window?
B-stock is right. Says so on the page!

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #105,204 of 150,563
⚠️ CAUTION ⚠️!!!!!

Sorry to disrupt our regular SinewaveTM programing, but this is a public service message...

McDonald's Carolina QuarterPounder

So wrong for so many reasons...
blue-heaven-restaurant-housing-board-colony-bhiwani-chinese-restaurants-won6l8xapz.jpg

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #105,205 of 150,563
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #105,206 of 150,563
⚠️ CAUTION ⚠️!!!!!

Sorry to disrupt our regular SinewaveTM programing, but this is a public service message...

McDonald's Carolina QuarterPounder

So wrong for so many reasons...
I want to try that. My secret sin/guilty pleasure food is a quarter pounder loaded with fries.
This would be on another level.
Sadly I suspect it will not appear down-under at least in that form.
But will be on the lookout.

Edit: For clarity, there are much better burgers IMHO, but still get dragged back to a quarter pounder once or twice a year!

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #105,208 of 150,563
Lamy 2000, Diplomat Aero (gold nib), and Iroshizuku inks. Tried literally hundreds of different fountain pens and inks over the course of the past three decades, but you can't beat those.

Now THIS is useful information. I currently have a Cross fountain pen that I really like (don't know model name). Everybody here in the Middle East wants a Mont Blanc, but at a starting price north of 500 Euro, I find that a bit too much for daily use at the office. I think the Lamy is a bit cheaper. And indeed, with inks it is often OK, but hardly ever great. I will try to find Iroshizuku.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #105,209 of 150,563
Most of the good (read: gold nibbed) Japanese pens from Sailor, Pilot/Namiki, and Platinum (I’m not going to the rarified territory of Nakaya and such) will, in my not-so humble-opinion, write better overall than Lamy, and I do have both. Ironically, my Lamy 2000 is this week’s daily driver, though. But I am a bit of a Japanese fountain pen fanboy. Current favourite is the Pilot Custom 823 with a fine nib.

I do use a mechanical switch keyboard (logitechj and strongly prefer those, membrane keyboards, nossomuch.

Fountain pens are the best conversation starters, as well!
Even more fountain pen info. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back