Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #105,091 of 150,694
I just heard that a run of Loki Max SILVER tops are coming in. So yes, they will exist. Probably a couple of weeks. The option to purchase silver will appear on the site when we have received the tops and confirmed they are good to go.

Also, if we're lucky, we'll be announcing two things next week--the last announcements of the year.
Next week and that's it? Schiit is going to leave the last two weeks of the year empty?!

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #105,092 of 150,694
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #105,093 of 150,694
Hold my beer and let me introduce you to DHL. They can not even be bothered to drop the package in the right county!
Yeah, that's another one I wouldn't choose if I had a choice, I'm about 50/50 with them. Twice I've gotten notifications that it was delivered "at or around the mailbox" only to find nothing there. One company didn't believe me and wanted me to pay for another one because it was shown to be delivered and I refused unless they sent it a way that required a signature, they ended up shipping me another one no charge...

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #105,094 of 150,694
@bcowen,

Thanks for your tips on tube hygiene. I received my cleaner and "padded sticks" that you recommended (I don't remember the details), but the Little Dot MKIII has never sounded better. Thanks so much for your advice!!

Leo

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #105,095 of 150,694
@bcowen,

Thanks for your tips on tube hygiene. I received my cleaner and "padded sticks" that you recommended (I don't remember the details), but the Little Dot MKIII has never sounded better. Thanks so much for your advice!!

Leo
Awesome! Glad to hear, and glad I could help.

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #105,096 of 150,694
I love Kill Bill. Both 1 and 2. Probably some around here would like to act it out, but I still love it. 🤣
It's over the top, absurdly funny. "The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" Yup!

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #105,097 of 150,694
It's over the top, absurdly funny. "The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique" Yup!
LOL! I caught part of Volume 2 last night while flipping through channels just in time to see Darryl Hannah get her remaining eye ripped out. Still cool. 🤣

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #105,098 of 150,694
I see your Magni prototype boards, and raise you an army of Folkvangrs burning in:

IMG_0824.jpg
The black Folkvangr burn in army and the IR camera Folvagnr burn in pics I have as wallpapers on a work computer.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #105,099 of 150,694
@Jason Stoddard why not Schiit speakers? It would be so easy for you to disrupt the market. Design a floor standing two way with field coil drivers. Mass produced field coil power supplies would be right in your wheel house. Perhaps team up with one of the speaker manufacturers (Salk, Zu, Tekton). It would send shock waves thru the industry.
Thanks,
barondla

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #105,101 of 150,694
@Jason Stoddard why not Schiit speakers? It would be so easy for you to disrupt the market. Design a floor standing two way with field coil drivers. Mass produced field coil power supplies would be right in your wheel house. Perhaps team up with one of the speaker manufacturers (Salk, Zu, Tekton). It would send shock waves thru the industry.
Thanks,
barondla

DALL-E has some opinions about this:

6C3395DC-2B23-4979-B20F-8637DC3C69A7.jpeg

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #105,103 of 150,694
FedEx did not "make" changes to create FedEx home delivery. They BOUGHT (the remains of) REA and renamed it. REA ALWAYS was the worst package delivery service ever. I still have vivid memories of having to point out my package in their pile of stuff they couldn't deliver. Apparently nothing much has changed.
I could not find any association of REA with FedEx, but I did find this about FedEx Ground:

"Roadway Package System (RPS) was founded in 1985 by transportation company Roadway Services Inc., later renamed Caliber System. FedEx bought Caliber in 1998 to complement its existing FedEx Express business and rebranded Caliber's RPS package delivery service FedEx Ground in 2000."

Personally, I have used FedEx Ground many times to ship stuff, and I have received a lot of stuff via FedEx Ground. I have never had any problem with them. Recently, all the delivery services have had some problems due to the increase in online commerce because of COVID, and the extreme shortage of workers (including experienced employees who quit to work at higher paying jobs).

The best thing to do to improve the quality of deliveries to your home, is to buy a Ring Doorbell with included video camera (or similar product from other vendors). All the delivery personnel tend to act a little different (such as not throwing packages) when they know they are on camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back