Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 6, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #105,076 of 152,545
I have my $300 burning a hole in my credit card waiting for my new Modi MB DAC. Might have to buy a Sys at the same time so that I can easily compare all of my Schiit DACs to each other.
Funny you should mention that. I've been hoping Jason would be announcing a new product next week, and that they'd name it the Oel. I'd pay $300 for a good Schiit Oel.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #105,083 of 152,545
Seems like a safe bet would be Modi Multibit 2 and a "plussification" of an existing product...Loki Mini++ or Vali 2+++ (getting new stamped chassis?)
:wink:
I speculated earlier that the presence of so many Loki Mini+ in the BF sale and given the fact they use the older, four-screws-on-top enclosure might mean it's getting some changes, and Jason said that the Loki Mini+ wasn't going anywhere but that it would be getting the newer enclosure style in 2023.

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #105,084 of 152,545
Dec 6, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #105,085 of 152,545
Thanks for the update. I was not aware of the changes that FedEx made to specifically create FedEx Home Delivery. I found this info on the link you provided:

What’s the difference between FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground?
  • FedEx Home Delivery, which is part of the FedEx Ground network, delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to residences every day of the week. A $4 residential surcharge is applied per package.
  • FedEx Ground delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to businesses or commercial areas Monday–Friday.
FedEx did not "make" changes to create FedEx home delivery. They BOUGHT (the remains of) REA and renamed it. REA ALWAYS was the worst package delivery service ever. I still have vivid memories of having to point out my package in their pile of stuff they couldn't deliver. Apparently nothing much has changed.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #105,086 of 152,545
FedEx did not "make" changes to create FedEx home delivery. They BOUGHT (the remains of) REA and renamed it. REA ALWAYS was the worst package delivery service ever. I still have vivid memories of having to point out my package in their pile of stuff they couldn't deliver. Apparently nothing much has changed.
Hold my beer and let me introduce you to DHL. They can not even be bothered to drop the package in the right county!

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #105,087 of 152,545
Holy cow! What a convenient little thing. Why not make that the default Jot? One-box for Raals and non-Raal HPs... ah but then HPs requiring higher voltage, right.
I spoke to Travis at Corpse Cable. DCA stealth cable will arrive next week. I imagine if you plug a set of high impedance or sensitive HPs, you’ll get hiss.

I’m glad I made a happy mistake.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #105,088 of 152,545
I just heard that a run of Loki Max SILVER tops are coming in. So yes, they will exist. Probably a couple of weeks. The option to purchase silver will appear on the site when we have received the tops and confirmed they are good to go.

Also, if we're lucky, we'll be announcing two things next week--the last announcements of the year.
Right after I bought the black in the fabled BF sale.
Well, I wanted the black anyway; and I saved $200. So all good.
But I remember when silver ruled, when Jason would only bring out a product in black the week after I'd bought it in silver. How things change.

Dec 6, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #105,089 of 152,545
Weird schiit. Fedex was supposed to deliver today.
Delivery person knocked on the door and zoomed off before i opened the door. I only took like 10 sec to get to door. Gotta be the most impatient mailman ever.
Tracking still shows out for delivery, who knows if he will make another attempt

Overall i had better luck with UPS. Others are just a case of luck it seems

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #105,090 of 152,545
Lady Snowblood is great, and may have influenced Kill Bill.
I love Kill Bill. Both 1 and 2. Probably some around here would like to act it out, but I still love it. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back