Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 25, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #103,801 of 153,242
Just ordered a Yggdrasil OG close out. I don’t need the remote or NOS given that I’ve never used it on Bifrost.

@Jason Stoddard Do the Yggdrasil OG on close out have unison?

Thanks.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #103,802 of 153,242
Any chance it can be dressed in silver? Happy to pay the difference.

Unfortunately, no, we only did Freya Noval in black, and the metal is specific to the product.
@Jason Stoddard My Yggy is there for the plus upgrade. Can I just buy the LIM modules and do the upgrade from OG to LIM myself? I would prefer to compare both models before deciding which one I prefer.
I'm sure you can--just let orders@schiit.com know what you want to do. We need to revise all upgrade pages to make them more sensible and to eliminate double-charging for shipping. Hopefully this weekend.
Just ordered a Yggdrasil OG close out. I don’t need the remote or NOS given that I’ve never used it on Bifrost.

@Jason Stoddard Do the Yggdrasil OG on close out have unison?

Thanks.
Yep!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 25, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #103,803 of 153,242
Kenny Wayne Shepherd? I'm jealous. Haven't been able to see him yet, but he's at the top of my bucket list.

Haven't seen him in almost 25 years, but did 3 times in 96/97, before "Trouble Is..." was released. First at a private show at the Metro in Chicago--maybe 200 people won tickets from a radio contest, so standing right up against the stage was ridiculously easy. Then me and a few friends went to Austin for the SRV tribute show with (from memory, so forgive me) KWS, Double Trouble, Storyville, Eric Johnson, Susan Tedeschi, Johnny Lang, and a few others. Went and watched the sound check for the Austin City Limits show with him and Eric Johnson, and literally ran into Kenny in the hallway/elevator. Did not have tickets for the actual taping though.

I did see him again a year or two later, opening for BB King.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #103,804 of 153,242
2022, Chapter 14:
Hel Hath Frozen

So, for the first time in 12 and a half years, we’re doing a sale. Kinda.

This is partly because this year has been brutal in terms of inflation. Almost everything seems like it’s going up. You deserve a break from that. This is our counter, our give-back, our way of trying to make things a bit better at the end of a long crazy year.

If you’re interested, it’s at: https://schiit.com/b-stocks

And that’s where most companies would stop talking.

unnamed.jpg

Let us go on a bit.

Here’s the deal. Yeah, we are doing this because we love you. And we’re also doing it because we like tilting at windmills. And we’re also doing it because, to be totally frank, we gotta lotta schiit hanging around, and it needs to go.

“Aha, that’s the real reason,” someone says. “You somehow went from having nothing in stock to being overstocked. Idiots! How did you let that happen?”

And, you know, that’s a pretty decent insult. But why stop there? Why not take us to task for introducing a ton of new products (still a couple to go this year, maybe!), which is not exactly conducive to inventory control?

Here’s the reality: it’s tough planning in a normal year. And 2022 was, by far, the most bizarre year ever. We went from lockdown-stuck-free-money-buy-everything to, well, the inevitable hangover. We went from can’t-get-no-parts and can’t-get-no-line-time and how-much-extra-you-gonna-pay-for-that-run to can-get-most-parts and tons-of-line-time, and, probably soon, hey-you-got-work-for-us on the assembly side.

So planning for 2022? Oh yeah no nevermind.
  • Instead of introducing everything at the planned time, we had tons of delays
  • Instead of introducing everything we wanted to, we had the DSP debacle (and still do)
  • Instead of being able to count on several products, they went on hiatus or into redesign
  • Instead of a rational schedule of kitting and production, we got all stacked up
  • Instead of a normal summer slowdown, things got really slow
So, kinda a perfect storm.

Is this a problem? No. It just means stuff gets pushed to next year and we readjust. We run very conservatively, we don’t report to a board, we’re not public, so it’s not a big deal.

Aside: this is a reality of business. If you aren’t ready for a few bumps in the road, stay far away. We’ve been very lucky. It was still a great year, by many metrics. We still showed significant growth over pre-pandemic years, for example.

But we do have a bunch of stuff.

So, I thought, Maybe it’s time to move some of it out. Maybe it’s time to do a sale-ish kinda thing.

And that’s how you get what we’re calling “B-Stock Friday.” Except it’s not just B-stock, it’s also closeout and just some plain deals. And we’re cutting a lot harder than we normally do.

“But you said you’d never do sales!” someone cries.

Close. What I said is that you should never do sales. Which still stands. Don’t expect this to be a once-a-year thing. Don’t even expect this to happen again. Planning has already realigned 2023 (which means, yeah, if it gets bonkers again, expect backorders.)

In the meantime, enjoy the kinda-sorta sale!

Crazy good prices here!

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #103,805 of 153,242
Arriving late to the First Concert thread.

My first concert was The Stan Kenton Orchestra at the Moore Egyptian in Seattle. Followed shortly by Maynard Ferguson in Tacoma.

Bunch of the usual suspect rock/pop concerts after that, with my favorite being Dire Straits in Pullman, Washington in the late 80s/early 90s.

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #103,806 of 153,242
Egads!!! Sales! Must resist.

Mmmm Aegir, with Zu.. I bet thats nice.....

I swear, Ragnarok doesn't get enough love..

1199 for Just an Amp Ragnarok??!!? Crazy nuts.

As an aside anyone want to buy some gently used gear? a Freya S and a Vidar and some KLH Kendalls, so I can afford a 2nd Ragnarok? :)

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #103,809 of 153,242
I know. How dare they take this opportunity to provide savings while clearing out excess inventory. And to do it at the same time that everyone else is doing it and folks are primed to shop for bargains? Well, that's certainly a new low. Someone get a rope! 😏

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #103,810 of 153,242
This is a sad day.
The day Schiit caved for black Friday deals.
Never expected that to happen.
I am very sorry that I saved alot of money buying Tyrs. :ksc75smile:

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #103,811 of 153,242
I'm not sure it was so much that they caved, but I sure did.

Been wanting a Lokius, and was very interested in trying Aegir and/or Tyr (even though not blown away by my Vidar, I do have Modi MB, Gungnir MB, Bifrost 2, Sys, Freya w/ LISST, (2) Freya S, Magnius).

So, upon seeing the thread (hadn't actually checked my email yet), I headed over, dropped a Lokius, Aegir, and (2) Tyr in the shopping cart, previewed the shipping cost, and it was over $500 (to Georgia, US), so looks like the old FedEx calculator was having problems again. So, simply ordered the Lokius separately ($24 shipping), then the (2) Tyr's ($144 shipping). Figured that was enough for me.

.........and my first "real" concert was Joan Jett

Nov 25, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #103,813 of 153,242
Original movie, TV show, and game soundtracks.
Not single tracks, but soundtracks that were written specifically for their respective movies/shows/games and are outstanding in their entirety.

Let's hear your favorites!

There are no wrong answers. And thee who judges will be blocked.

Here are mine, in no particular order:
- Charade (Henry Mancini)
- Mr. Robot (Vol. 1 - 7) (Mac Quayle)
- La Dolce Vita (Nino Rota)
- Thunderball (John Barry)
- Bullitt (Lalo Schifrin)
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Tan Dun, Yo-Yo Ma)
- Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 [Remastered] (Bear McCreary)
- Sherlock Holmes (Hans Zimmer)
- Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (Deluxe Version) (Hans Zimmer)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Hans Zimmer)
- Crimson Peak (Fernando Velázquez)
- Jurassic Park (John Williams)
- Star Trek (2009) (Michael Giacchino)
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (James Horner)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (The Fligh

Of possible interest for fans of this sub-thread ...

spotted this morning on Qobuz "new releases for you" ... Hans Zimmer - Cinema Sounds of Hans Zimmer - 100 tracks, just barely slides under 7 hours. I'm a bit over 4 hours in,. but just put in headpones ... sounds good so far.

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #103,814 of 153,242
Look what arrived a day early !

1669410247403.jpeg

Looks a bit like the crinkle coat of old !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back