Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 25, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #103,771 of 154,213
I'm Obliged M/Lud:smile: - scale was hard to judge by the picture - btw are there a pair of Magneplanars behind the tannoys ?
Yes, Magnepan .7s. Believe it or not, they work great with the Pass Labs XA-25 on the rack. Not so well with the Aegir pair.😁

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #103,772 of 154,213
Yes, Magnepan .7s. Believe it or not, they work great with the Pass Labs XA-25 on the rack. Not so well with the Aegir pair.😁
Ahh Thanks , yes bridged amps like your Aegirs won't care much for Maggie's impedance swings, it's a bit counter- intuitive, so yes the pass labs make a lot of sense- I was pondering a pair of Mag LRS's with a pair of Vidars but both unobtainium in the UK at the moment!!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #103,774 of 154,213
I swore I wasn't gonna fall into the Black Friday trap...
112522blackfriday.jpg

...until I opened my email and found Hel hath frozen...
so I bought a set of Tyrs. You understand, I had no choice.
Damn you Jason! :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #103,775 of 154,213
I also had no choice at those prices. A set of silver Tyrs coming my way.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #103,778 of 154,213
Hmmm, could I order a closeout Yggdrasil and then just buy the Plus upgrade at the same time to have a Yggy+? You've got me thinking 😅
Or just buy an Yggy+.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 25, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #103,780 of 154,213
Come on. Pretend it's a business PowerPoint presentation and you're limited to 2 slides with 3 bullet points each. And you must use A4 slide size and minimum 18 point Callibri font. 😏
And then read the slide word for word without summarizing for the audience.
2022, Chapter 14:
Hel Hath Frozen
But it freezes over annually? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan
I swore I wasn't gonna fall into the Black Friday trap...
112522blackfriday.jpg
...until I opened my email and found Hell hath frozen...
so I bought a set of Tyrs. You understand, I had no choice.
Damn you Jason! :stuck_out_tongue:
Same for a Rag 2, haven't fixed the wiring in the shop but I'll have the DAC-Amp for it. 😂

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #103,781 of 154,213
Aarrgh, those black Friday prices are making me want to buy new amplifiers. I *DON'T NEED* new amplifiers, nope nope nope ...
Having the exact same struggle. I don't need a Gumby. I don't need a Gumby. Or a pair of Tyrs.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #103,782 of 154,213
Aarrgh, those black Friday prices are making me want to buy new amplifiers. I *DON'T NEED* new amplifiers, nope nope nope ...
Seriously! Same boat.

Although when I think about it. My tubes will eventually die on me and I’ll need a back up amp. 🤔

Anyone want a pair of 140 watt custom built tube amps?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #103,783 of 154,213
Seriously! Same boat.

Although when I think about it. My tubes will eventually die on me and I’ll need a back up amp. 🤔

Anyone want a pair of 140 watt custom built tube amps?
Custom built by whom? :ksc75smile: I maintain a decent collection for spare tubes.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #103,784 of 154,213
First concert? Roger Daltrey and the British Rock Symphony at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

Here's some unpopular opinion, most rock concerts I've been to, while the ambiance is amazing, sound was never that great LOL.

Like rock concerts generally sound nothing close to their album tuning/clarity. It's generally just loud and noisy with instruments drowning vocal. But the feeling while being there is great though! And some bands do have better sound control than others.

Here's a list of concerts I've been to in no particular order: Taking Back Sunday, Straylight Run, Thursday, Saosin, Blink 182, Angels and Airwaves, Box Car Racer, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Against the Current, Paramore, No Doubt, and some other ones that I can't remember off my head LOL.

With that line up of bands, yeah I can fully agree. Having spent a life in basement clubs, back rooms of bars, or poured-concrete convention centers hanging over the ocean on piers, the music fidelity wasn't the point, it was more about a sense of community in the crowd.

Rock concerts are the closest to euphoric religious experiences I've ever experienced, and the basement of the community center is my cathedral.

Definitely not looking for perfect acoustics or world class amplification in that venue. Horses for courses.

Nov 25, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #103,785 of 154,213
First concert that I remember was a production of Swan Lake with the Chicago Symphony when I was 9 or 10. First pop/rock concert that I went to by myself was Gary Lewis and the Playboys with The Yardbirds at Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back