Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 21, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #103,456 of 155,168
I know, I know. If you had not been born a boy you would have had no toys at all. Your mom had to tie a pork chop around your neck so the dog would play with you.😜😜
Didn't you have something important to do, like practice your shuffleboard technique or charge up your shopping cart battery? 🤣

1669086943493.png

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #103,457 of 155,168
Didn't you have something important to do, like practice your shuffleboard technique or charge your shopping cart battery? 🤣

1669086943493.png
@bcowen, you are getting a bit personal here! I resemble that remark!!!

Leo

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #103,458 of 155,168
Didn't you have something important to do, like practicing your shuffleboard technique or charging your shopping cart battery? 🤣

Well I did want to shop for a new walker tomorrow but I am not allowed to drive anymore.🤪🤪 First I have to wait for meals on wheels then I will call a taxi cab from my rotary phone. I am adept with all the new gadgets you know.🤣🤣

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #103,460 of 155,168
I bet he still didn't have any toys...! And what do you think all those tubes are for...? Compensating? 😜
OK ok, count me in for ten likes no matter what you post in the future. I can only give you one at this time. :ksc75smile: Post a photo of your ferret digging a hole and you will earn a like from me.:beerchug:

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #103,461 of 155,168
OK ok, count me in for ten likes no matter what you post in the future. I can only give you one at this time. :ksc75smile: Post a photo of your ferret digging a hole and you will earn a like from me.:beerchug:

Out for a jog, when I tripped...! That one cost me a small fortune...! 🤣

292456719_406251961528852_995565165040692232_n.jpg

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #103,462 of 155,168
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:23 PM Post #103,464 of 155,168
Going by the photos, it looks like Magni's RCA connectors have moved a little.
It's a minor change, but should be kept in mind by those of us who like to use SnakeOil Mini-Links. I'm sure they'll still work just fine because the vertical spacing between devices and the internal spacing between the two channels are probably still the same. But the stack will be a bit crooked, given that Magni will have to move over horizontally by a few millimeters.

Much more importantly, however: I kinda like the look of the new cases!
Circling back to this, it looks like this is  not the case with the Piety, at least from the pictures i looked at, right? I'm wondering if the new Modi Multibit that's coming would stack correctly with the mini link then.

Btw, there is a pre order for a diagonal mini link for what you mention so they won't need to be crooked https://snakeoilsound.com/products/mini-link-hardwood-interconnect-cable-for-schiit-modi-magni-stack

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #103,465 of 155,168
Nov 21, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #103,466 of 155,168
Well said... with which reviewers do you agree?

It is so tough to get a read, especially from videos that go on and on without many actual comparisons, etc. I tend to find myself liking Headfonia and sometimes Headfonics, but still I have to listen to what they are describing to find out if it gels with my own listening.
If interested enough I'll simply Google it, and see if there is a consensus. There rarely is. Ah, paralysis by analysis has and continues to save me a lot of money.
One particular restraint: a Youtuber should be able to say what they need to say in... 3 minutes. Not to say that I don't enjoy some 20 minute reviews, but there is a difference between information and entertainment.
BTW, I do find TheArmchairPhilosopher's looooong posts entertaining, an inspiration, and --high praise coming-- a temptation to steal his rhetoric.

Nov 21, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #103,467 of 155,168
Nov 22, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #103,468 of 155,168
If interested enough I'll simply Google it, and see if there is a consensus. There rarely is. Ah, paralysis by analysis has and continues to save me a lot of money.
One particular restraint: a Youtuber should be able to say what they need to say in... 3 minutes. Not to say that I don't enjoy some 20 minute reviews, but there is a difference between information and entertainment.
BTW, I do find TheArmchairPhilosopher's looooong posts entertaining, an inspiration, and --high praise coming-- a temptation to steal his rhetoric.
3 minutes?! If I was a Tuber reviewer, be over in 30 seconds: "I like it - you probably won't - try it yourself. Don't forget to subscribe - and check my merc shop on the way out."

Prefer to audition gear myself rather than endure a 30 minute exposition about nothing. Nothing relevant to my preferences. Sure, could get costly - but over the years I've narrowed the field. If it's a solid sand amp - not interested. If it's a Delta-Stigma DAC - hard pass. R2R DAC without ear-filling burrito filtering, nope.

Maybe I'll miss some gems along the way, but willing to take that risk. Have enough barely sufficient quantity of tubes - a few hundred, a few tube amps and a couple dozen phones to suit my fickle moods and preferences. :ksc75smile:

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #103,469 of 155,168
I was waiting for the Piety, but my attention drooped and I skipped over the email alert that they were ready, and could be ordered in a few days.
Anyone know if there are any more Pietys coming in the future?

I failed to "pounce." Cats pounce. They are really good at it.

More lyrics
Well, right about that time people
A fur-trapper who was strictly from commercial
Had the unmitigated audacity to jump up from behind my igloo peekaboo
And he started into whippin' on my favorite baby seal
With a lead-filled snowshoe

I said, with a
Lead-Filled
With a lead filled snowshoe
He said, peekaboo
I said, with a
Lead-Filled
With a lead filled snowshoe
He said, peekaboo
He went right upside the head of my favorite baby seal
He went whap with a lead-filled snowshoe, and
He hit him on the nose and hit him on the fin, and he
That got me just about as evil as an eskimo boy can be. so I bent down
And I reached down, and I scooped down and I gathered up a generous
Mitten-ful of the deadly yellow snow

The deadly yellow snow, from right there where the huskies go!

Whereupon I proceeded to take that mittenful of the deadly yellow snow
Crystals and rub it all into his beady little eyes with a vigorous
Circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
To take the place of the mudshark in your mythology
Here it goes,the circular motion, now rub it!

(Here fido)

And then
In a fit of anger
I pounced

And I pounced again

Great googly moogly!

I jumped up and down on the chest of the him

I injured
The fur trapper

Well he was very upset, as you can understand
And rightly so, because the
Deadly yellow snow crystals had
Deprived him of his
Sight

And he stood up, and he looked around, and he said

I can't see
I can't see
Oh, woe is me
I can't see

Well.....you know
I can't see
Nothin'

[fade out...]

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #103,470 of 155,168
I'm impressed with the Modi+/Magni+. I've had a few cool amps over time (nothing crazy, had a Shellbrook one back before things went south there, a few others - best one was a Grado amp in a wooden box, think it ran off of two 9V batteries if I remember right) but - well, sense memory is only so reliable, it's been awhile, but - I think this Magni+/Modi stack is the best sounding setup I've had over time. I feel like it is a substantial improvement over my Scarlet 4i4 gen3. Better bass with my HD-660 S and K712 Pro, but greater clarity - "resolution" also. I'm going to test it with some higher impedance cans tomorrow but this is a great first impression, probably going to get more from Schiit - if they can do this for $110 for the amp and $130 for the DAC, what could they do for more? :fearful:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back