Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #103,486 of 150,446
I know this won't make it to the test because of its complexity and cost, but for (my ears, my music), the only setup that dominated Yggdrasil A2 with the DNA Stellaris and various ZMF headphones has been HQPlayer DSP preprocessing to DSD256 into Holo May KTE. The Y. A2 had been the longest survivor among DACs in my R2R DAC explorations of the last seven years, but since it was not getting much play since the HQPlayer boost to the May, I let it go to a new home where it's getting full time play. I considered trying other DACs in the same price bracket as the May, but what I read about them failed to convince me to go through the cost and logistics of even borrowing one.
As best I can tell the Holo May KTE is below our $8,000 ceiling, so it may be included. I will not know till after our tests are over.

I did specify a few I wanted to hear in the mix including Yggdrasil, PrimaLuna, and Aqua. I hinted strongly for a McIntosh MDA 200 but it is pretty new and I am not sure it will reach distribution in time.
We will be using headphones other than ZMF and and I designed the headphone amps we will be using. The talk is the headphones will be the new model Focal Utopias.

Nov 22, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #103,493 of 150,446
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...bable-start-up.701900/page-6835#post-17234656
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...bable-start-up.701900/page-6835#post-17234710

TL/DR; Modi Multibit2 features: Unison USB interface, toslink optical and RCA coaxial s/pdif inputs, megacomboburrito 8X upsampling, AD5547 DAC chip, SE (RCA) outputs.

(added)
also Non-Over-Sampling MCB bypass mode.
It looks like a might skip the multibit 2. I thought Schiit was getting away from the AD5547 because of supply issues. I only use coax input on my Modi multibit V2 and I have a different DAC for NOS so there really wouldn't be reason to buy the multibit 2. Of course I'm a big Schiithead so once I see it up for sale I'll probably fold like a cheap suit!

Nov 22, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #103,497 of 150,446
You've ordered an amp you'll enjoy. A real shame, I know.

Myself, I forgot about the order period and "missed out." None regrets. I'll just have to remind myself when more of the impressions get posted.
Same here. Congrats to all that managed to pinch a Piety, a very interesting little amp! I was contemplating to get one but they ran out too quick. Hoping there will be another batch available some time, but in the mean time and between time, that means I have more time to spend with my other amps :L3000:

Nov 22, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #103,499 of 150,446
My girlfriend is starting to think of Schiit as akin to a drug dealer. She says I’m addicted.

Screenshot 2022-11-22 184211.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back