Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 22, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #101,626 of 150,456
I love the fact that it's sitting on top of Folkvangr. Big Bro meets Little Bro... :)
Once upon a time there were three Billy-Amps Gruff; Little Billy-Vali, Middle-Sized Billy-Lyr and Great Big Billy-Folkvangr, who lived on a shelf in a tube valley… 🙃
(sorry)

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #101,627 of 150,456
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)
Certain albums I play will cause her to linger in the room when she's listening with me. It would have to be one of those. I'd have to choose...

So Familiar - Steve Martin & Edie Brickell, key track: "I Have You"

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #101,628 of 150,456
'Nothing to Fear' by Oingo-Boingo.

The following are lucky enough to share a birthday with me: James Dean, Jules Verne, Dmitri Mendeleev, Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman, and Jack Lemmon. :D
Lucky me, I've got Rob Zombie, Kirstie Alley, Jeff Bezos, Rush Limbaugh and Howard Stern.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #101,629 of 150,456
Oct 22, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #101,630 of 150,456
Ok another question. It is a cold evening, those of you in warmer regions can pretend. The lights are low, candles are lit, glasses of a fine red wine are in hand. What album do you enjoy with your wife, girl friend, or significant other? I am considering Boz Skaggs Silk Degrees and the song We’re All alone but what do I know? (It turns out he and I share the same birthday, as did Nancy Sinatra and Frank Lloyd Wright. 🤪)
My wife loves "yacht rock" and Boz Scaggs is on that playlist.

On the rare occasions she wants to listen to vinyl it is usually 70's or Madonna.

Oct 22, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #101,631 of 150,456
I bought one for my 2nd mother-in-law who had no music in her house and was a country music fan (read: George Jones). Hooked her up with some MP3 CDs that would play for days and she was a happy camper. The SQ isn't so bad for the non-audiophile crowd ... to each, their own :)
Actually I have Alexa devices all over the house so my wife can have music whenever and wherever she wishes... happy wife, happy life.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #101,634 of 150,456
Wow. Appears that including me, nobody of any fame was born on my birthday. But alarmingly, "Karen" was the 3rd most popular baby name, and I'm approximately 276 years old in dog years. Thanks for making me look this up. :frowning2:
Fear not. I will now admit to the most heinous of crimes, one that will surely allay any and all fear, disgust, self-loathing and doubt on each person's life choices...

I had two (yes 2!) "Leisure Suits". There. I have said it and it is as if the weight of the lost world is now lifted from, if not my shoulders then at least my ego. Talk about Yoko Ono ugly/weird?! That would be me at 6' 1" (6' 3" with platforms on, LOL!)
and 120 lbs in a (GACK!) "Leisure Suit". In platform shoes. With long hair. And Coke-Bottle thick glasses. And...I think I have bared my worth less soul enough to salve the hurt feelings of any one here I may have offended past, present and future.

I shall now commit audio seppuku by what ever means are at my disposal or would that be "Disposall"?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #101,636 of 150,456
Actually I have Alexa devices all over the house so my wife can have music whenever and wherever she wishes... happy wife, happy life.
I made a solid state audio system for my wife's pottery shed, that is where she usually listens to music. I rarely hear it since I am generally working in my own shop. For serious listening it is tube amps.

I happened to notice this today for a mere $15-16, 000, available for pre-order. :ksc75smile:

https://www.westernelectric.com/91e

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #101,637 of 150,456
Oct 22, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #101,638 of 150,456
Usually start out with this. She keeps pretending like she doesn't get it though. 🤣 🤣 🤣

1666463804090.png

Oct 22, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #101,639 of 150,456
Oct 22, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #101,640 of 150,456
Once upon a time there were three Billy-Amps Gruff; Little Billy-Vali, Middle-Sized Billy-Lyr and Great Big Billy-Folkvangr, who lived on a shelf in a tube valley… 🙃
(sorry)
The tale of three Schiits:

Schiit Sizes.jpg

I am working on it though. Just need to figure out how to shrink Folkvangr. :thinking:

Folkvangr and Loki Max.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back