Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 6, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #94,201 of 149,499
I bet your eyes are mesmerizing too...! 😍
I won't argue that, however, my maniacal stare does tend to put some of the ladies off. It's the ones that are not put-off and are attracted to my Rasputin-like gaze that worry me. :astonished:

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #94,202 of 149,499
Jun 6, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #94,203 of 149,499
Are we still living in 1979? Listening to KROQ 106.7? Is receiving FM or AM radio a function used by more than 0.003% of the owners?
I guess I'm in the minority, as I still listen to the radio occasionally at home. Mainly for public radio and local football play-by-play instead of the TV announcers. Side note - I've wondered if Schiit ever considered doing an HD Radio tuner - there aren't a lot of options out there for such a product.

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #94,204 of 149,499
Jun 6, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #94,205 of 149,499
If it is not appropriate there are moderators who handle such things. :ksc75smile:
They have some help too.
I got a PM from @ArmchairPhilosopher in which he wrote my rhetoric question about his alleged "insider information" was wrong stating:
"But don’t start another one of those childish pissing wars in public, alright? The Schiit thread has seen enough of those lately. So let’s keep things civilized, shall we?
In this manner proving the point that other than being unable to handle any critique even when given in gest, he also thinks himself the official thread police.
A rather uncivilized thing to do off course. More so if you see the likes he gives to someone who indeed makes the same sort of joke but now in favor of his bruised feelings.

Oh well..... maybe I'm just getting old....

Jun 6, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #94,206 of 149,499
I really like Schiit products. I own(ed) several of their components and have had good experiences. My only gripe is cosmetic. How about picking a finish in back and silver and stick with it? I’ve had several of their silver components that didn’t matched. I switched over to their black finish, and they don’t match either in both color and graphics. Not a big deal, just annoying as other manufacturers don’t seem to have this color variation in their product line, particularly when bought new at the same time. Oh, and how about installing the power switch on the front…?
it is about SOUND.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #94,208 of 149,499
it is about SOUND.
Alright, I know that you like to be a bit more on the edgy side of things, but now you're just screwing with us. Since when does stuff like "sound" matter in audio gear?! Fancy-a$$ enclosures, shiny VU meters, and blue LEDs that can be seen from the surface of Mars is what sells this stuff. Add a plinth the weight of a small Volkswagen and you've got yourself a timeless winner.
Pah, "sound"… That's just too funny! 🤣

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #94,209 of 149,499
I don't think great sound and great looks are mutually exclusive. I also think the same re: brains and beauty. 😉

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #94,210 of 149,499
It's worth reminding you all that Pink Floyd is a totally Carolina naming. We claim Floyd here in Chapel Hill.

Just sayin........
Pink Anderson and Floyd Council. The first from SC the second from NC. :beerchug:

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #94,211 of 149,499
Alrighty, but for Bill's sake, the story should be that Floyd was a die-hard Duke fan and regretted any association with UNC. 😏

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #94,212 of 149,499
Alrighty, but for Bill's sake, the story should be that Floyd was a die-hard Duke fan and regretted any association with UNC. 😏
I did cringe when I remembered one came from Chapel Hill. Bill is probably more of a Georgian now anyway, he will be talking about the Bulldogs next. :L3000:

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #94,213 of 149,499
They have some help too.
I got a PM from @ArmchairPhilosopher in which he wrote my rhetoric question about his alleged "insider information" was wrong stating:
"But don’t start another one of those childish pissing wars in public, alright? The Schiit thread has seen enough of those lately. So let’s keep things civilized, shall we?
In this manner proving the point that other than being unable to handle any critique even when given in gest, he also thinks himself the official thread police.
A rather uncivilized thing to do off course. More so if you see the likes he gives to someone who indeed makes the same sort of joke but now in favor of his bruised feelings.

Oh well..... maybe I'm just getting old....
Two thoughts on this:
a) Publicly posting something that was sent to you in a private message without the other party's consent is … a highly questionable interpretation of forum etiquette, let's just put it like that.
b) If you really feel the need to go down that road, at least have the decency to post the whole thing instead of cherry-picking a sentence or two that you think support your position.

And with this, I'll leave it to the rest of the thread to judge whether this is worth any further debate. I think I've said everything I need.

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #94,214 of 149,499
Sine.png

Jun 6, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #94,215 of 149,499
And with this, I'll leave it to the rest of the thread to judge whether this is worth any further debate. I think I've said everything I need.
It's not. Let's move on. Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back