Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 4, 2022 at 6:55 PM Post #88,111 of 150,570
I'm the opposite, I'd pay the extra for the silver, myself. When nearly everything is all black nowadays, the silver is a refreshing contrast.

That being said, I did want a black Modius/Magnius if only because I already have a silver Modius and Jot 2.

But I may hold off to see what Schiit brings out within the next few months.

I'm the same way, love silver, will pay more to get it.

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #88,112 of 150,570
Boy I'd love to get a Black Case for my Yggy A2....every other piece of kit I own is Black!

Feb 4, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #88,113 of 150,570
I'm the same way, love silver, will pay more to get it.
I'm old enough to remember when people said the same when there were no black versions. :ksc75smile:

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #88,114 of 150,570
So it looks we can start a silver <-> black trading place here.
Dismantle your Schiit ....... and swap covers with a fellow Schiit head.
A Good Idea. Schiit can't really do it, too much risk of getting unsaleable sheet metal back. However, if it's handled in the secondary market, we all know the risks of getting used stuff and how to minimize those risks.

I also remember hearing / reading somewhere that Mike may be listening to Cello Monoblocks; if the Tyr is replacing those - that's pretty damn impressive.......
Geez, and all this time I've been pining for lowly Model 20.6, or even 20.5...

Feb 4, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #88,115 of 150,570
My Dual 1246 is ready to be picked up next week! To celebrate the return of a classic beauty I am going to watch a classic film.

Brigadoon.

It is a perennial favourite of my daughter and myself. I truly enjoy a good musical and Brigadoon is one of (if not the) finest musicals ever. It is strange for someone as unattractive as myself to be an incurable romantic but films such as this one bring me to tears. What a toad.

Cyd Charisse is such a beauty and her pas de deux with Gene Kelly to "Heather On The Hill" is wonderful. I will later listen to the sound track via my 'phones.

Feb 5, 2022 at 5:05 AM Post #88,116 of 150,570
Finally got my new TV this week. Elma was not impressed.

81B0ADA7-FCC4-4C36-8A89-2DD1516107E0.jpeg

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #88,117 of 150,570
Urd isn't 'good' as much as odd. I mean even if it is shockingly good, few will appreciate a disc drive as such. So ... Tyr?
Sorry to disagree here. Can't wait to hear what the full Unison USB chain does. Unison USB out from Urd to Unison in on my Yggy.
If it sounds like Mike has stated many times now, it is an industry game changer.
As he described it: "It will take the industry many years to catch up with this". Maybe not an exact quote, but very close.
Black or silver I really don't care. All my stuff is silver, but I won't hold back only to have a matching colour.

Feb 5, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #88,118 of 150,570
I also remember hearing / reading somewhere that Mike may be listening to Cello Monoblocks; if the Tyr is replacing those - that's pretty damn impressive.......
Cello is (only) Class AB, Tyr will have Continuity, better than Class A, like Aegir.

Feb 5, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #88,120 of 150,570
I have Zu Essence floorstanders and drive them with a single Vidar. With the Zu's impedance of 12 ohms, the Vidar is equivalent to a 5W amplifier with 13 dB of headroom. You can never have too much headroom.

:beerchug:
JC

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #88,121 of 150,570
Sorry to disagree here. Can't wait to hear what the full Unison USB chain does. Unison USB out from Urd to Unison in on my Yggy.
If it sounds like Mike has stated many times now, it is an industry game changer.
I am sure it will be an industry game changer. I just don't think Jason would describe Urd as generating a great deal of excitement upon release. I think he meant Tyr. I got a benjamin to back it up. You game? You seem sure of yourself.

Feb 5, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #88,122 of 150,570
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:12 PM Post #88,123 of 150,570
I am sure it will be an industry game changer. I just don't think Jason would describe Urd as generating a great deal of excitement upon release. I think he meant Tyr. I got a benjamin to back it up. You game? You seem sure of yourself.
Why would Jason commit the resources and funds to develop a product he didn't think would generate excitement? "Let's put our time and effort into designing and building something that will generate a great big BLAH when we release it. Yeah, let's do that. "

I'm kinda sure that's not how Schiit became and remains successful.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #88,124 of 150,570
Feb 5, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #88,125 of 150,570
Why would Jason commit the resources and funds to develop a product he didn't think would generate excitement? "Let's put our time and effort into designing and building something that will generate a great big BLAH when we release it. Yeah, let's do that. "

I'm kinda sure that's not how Schiit became and remains successful.
Agreed. If he really wanted it to fail he would have made certain it had the gift* that is MQA.

* - Gift is the German word for "poison". :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back