Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 3, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #88,081 of 150,695
As do I. I'm very happy with Hel 2E, the 9028 card, etc. And those are my designs. Modi 3E is a Mike/Dave project, and was really, really obsessed over. They used a wholly different and more complex output stage, additional high-rate oscillator, additional precision power supplies...it's totally different than Modi 3+. Board images will be incoming, I'm waiting for production just like everyone.
@Jason Stoddard FWIW, I just wanted to give a shout out to the 9028 card. Despite my apprehension to ESS chips based on what I've read, it sounds really good on my Jot 2.

Looks like I'll need to put my AKM Modius on the classifieds page in preparation of the Modius E :L3000:

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #88,085 of 150,695
What's the Modius E? I have a Modius now and love it.
A Modius E (does not exist yet) would be a Modius with an ESS chip. vs a Modius of today, which has an AKM chip.

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #88,086 of 150,695
@Jason Stoddard
Thanks for your honesty and telling it like it is!

Totally understand the issues and "crazies" going on in this world today!

All the best to Schiit and the Schiit Family for holding down prices for so long and still making WORLD CLASS products!

Alex
:>)

1643917414197.png

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #88,088 of 150,695
"Shockingly good products for a fair price" is all you guys need. "FAIR" includes increases that are beyond your control. Don't sweat it Jason. Do the best you can and let the chips fall. I think we all understand. Thanks for keeping everybody informed. This is where Schitt's reputation for value carries you through times like this. Everyone will always give you the benefit of the doubt because you've always given us--VALUE.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #88,089 of 150,695
LOL I am trying not to react to that. :ksc75smile: I am just hoping the new snow falling makes it safer to walk on the layer of ice that is underneath it.
I know that happened to me last week in Poland - relatively slick as it dropped from +2C to -3C while raining, but once a 10 minute snow storm dropped a centimeter or so it was fine (or half an inch if I ignored the weather report).

And then it was pouring in northern Spain - only place with decent weather was northern Italy.
Hey all, I'm going back to the craziness now.

On the plus side:

1. We still have new products coming, some shockingly good and affordable, some maybe just shocking (or industry-redefining?)
2. The first of the shockingly good stuff is coming soon.
3. The first of the affordable stuff is coming soon.
4. We continue to improve things, and we are seriously working on reducing prices wherever we can.

On the minus side:

1. There's been sooooooooo much disruption in our PCB assemblers' ability to make products that everything has gone out 4 weeks or so from when I predicted. So when I say "February" and Marv laughs and says "March," really think more like "April."
2. There's still sooooo much supply disruption that we are still staring at some significant shortages, though this is better than last week, when I thought I'd be in the middle of full redesigns on 12 products again (microprocessors, argh). There's still some ugly stuff to deal with, but it's not the apocalypse. Still, something bad can pop up anytime.

Thanks to all for their patience, and I hope to have happier news soon!
Yep, Siemens is horrible getting parts to my suppliers - seems whatever the promise dates were in 2021 Siemens revised them Jan 15, 2022 because everyone called the same week asking for a 4-6 week extension, and large structural shapes are whenever the mill feels like rolling them.

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #88,090 of 150,695
I figured when Modi E came into being the price would go "up" (though since it is a Modi Uber it's really still below the nominal price of yore). Frankly I am surprised Schiit was able to hold out so long. Compare Chord Mojo up to $725. Still with micro usb! I'm curious how many raises employees have received in the time the Modi stayed at $99 and the Modi uber went down in price from $149 to $99. I suspect it's more than none. Gotta love economies of scale!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #88,091 of 150,695
I doubt there will be any thing new from Schiit that would prove of interest to such as I. But...I have family and friends whom I buy for so I would not rule it out entirely that something schittish this way comes...

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #88,094 of 150,695
"Shockingly good products for a fair price" is all you guys need. "FAIR" includes increases that are beyond your control. Don't sweat it Jason. Do the best you can and let the chips fall. I think we all understand. Thanks for keeping everybody informed. This is where Schitt's reputation for value carries you through times like this. Everyone will always give you the benefit of the doubt because you've always given us--VALUE.
Positive about price increases is that on the short term back orders decrease :)

Feb 4, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #88,095 of 150,695
I'm on the fence with regards to cerakote coating.

On the plus side:
Many different colors
Looks and feel great

On the down side:
I don't think it's really that durable even though it's usually marketed as a gun coating.

I used to have it done for my Seiko. After a while, it started to chip, small chips but still. I don't do anything extreme with the watch, just a desk diver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back