Men past forty
Get up nights
And look out at
City lights,
Wondering where they
Made the wrong
Turn, and why life
Is so long.
Very nice, I am working on a 3D printer design of a headphone stand then back to the Bosch audio gear search. The turntable I may use has nearly identical specs as the Marantz.

6156AFD5-FC50-4078-9E7B-3A3E4B8CEE8D.jpeg

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #81,482 of 150,996
All, my Yamaha CD-600 CD player is dying. It’s 25 years old so it doesn’t owe me anything. I can‘t afford the new Schiit CD transport but was wondering how I might do by purchasing a $500 or so player and a Bifrost DAC? Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks, Ray
I found myself in a similar situation this year and bought a Cambridge Audio CXC2 transport to pair with my Bifrost 2 and it's the best I've ever heard CDs sound. The best part is that I got it for $349 refurbished from Cambridge audio ebay store.

Sep 5, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #81,484 of 150,996
@Paladin79 Your choice of headphones bespeaks your exquisite taste :)
Thanks, I am set for a while on headphones. I have listened to a lot of different brands and the Utopias are my favorite.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #81,486 of 150,996
My goal for today is to call in some favors and see if I can put together the Bosch system with the help of local friends.

I tracked down the amp and preamp pretty quickly, I believe I know someone with the speakers but he has not responded back yet.

I may have to sub out the turntable if no one in my local group has one, I own a Hitachi direct drive from about the same time period and have a couple other options if need be. They can be pricey if you find a nice one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185016240408?hash=item2b13d3c918:g:s2gAAOSwLi5hJkln

I am tempted to buy a sold as is 6300 for $800 but I would be taking a chance. The base is pretty rough but I could replace or rebuild that.

If I can pull this together my first listen will be Patricia by Art Pepper, followed by some Miles Davis and Stan Getz. I do have the Amazon play list in front of me.

All this talk about Bosch caused this to become a short term goal. :ksc75smile:

1630852736508.png

McIntosh MX110 tuner/pre-amplifier
McIntosh MC240 power amplifier
Marantz 6300 turntable
Ohm Walsh 4 speakers
You sure about the speakers? A search for that shows a different looking piece of kit...

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #81,487 of 150,996
When you select an episode of any serie in Plex to play, it displays this screen with tracks that are present in the episode at the bottom of the screen. You can select them on that screen to play. Requires a Tidal account to link to Plex.
They use Tunefind to make it work
Explanation
You can also search for any movie, series etc on TuneFind
Thanks for that! Fascinating stuff. @Roy G. Biv is a big Plex user too. Tagging......

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #81,488 of 150,996
You sure about the speakers? A search for that shows a different looking piece of kit...
Send me a link, I consistently found those listed as the correct ones.

https://ohmspeaker.com/news/ohm-goes-to-the-movies/

https://ohmspeaker.com/site/assets/files/1450/walsh_4.684x0.jpg

I found 4XO’s that were more rectangular but these have a pretty distinctive shape.

I just skimmed the article at first but the President of Ohm speakers is stating those are OHM Walsh 4 speakers used in Bosch. :L3000:

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #81,489 of 150,996
Thanks for that! Fascinating stuff. @Roy G. Biv is a big Plex user too. Tagging......
Yep. Longtime Plex and, more recently, Plexamp user. But, alas, no Tidal subscription.

The Tunefind site will be put to good use though. Thanks to whoever mentioned it first.

We watched Jackie Brown last night and it was fun to put together a playlist from the songs in the movie.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #81,490 of 150,996
Yep. Longtime Plex and, more recently, Plexamp user. But, alas, no Tidal subscription.

The Tunefind site will be put to good use though. Thanks to whoever mentioned it first.

We watched Jackie Brown last night and it was fun to put together a playlist from the songs in the movie.
Jackie Brown is a favorite.😀

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #81,491 of 150,996
I found 4XO’s that were more rectangular but these have a pretty distinctive shape.

What I want to know is if the 45 deg toe-in is as bad as I imagine It. Bothered me every time they showed it. Ohm Walsh wanted 90!

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #81,492 of 150,996
Send me a link, I consistently found those listed as the correct ones.

https://ohmspeaker.com/news/ohm-goes-to-the-movies/

https://ohmspeaker.com/site/assets/files/1450/walsh_4.684x0.jpg

I just skimmed the article at first but the President of Ohm speakers is stating those are OHM Walsh 4 speakers used in Bosch. :L3000:
Those are what I found, but they don't seem to me to be the speakers in the original pic you posted. The distinctive top doesn't show to the left of Maddie.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #81,494 of 150,996

Yeah, I missed the Tidal requirement ......... :frowning2:((

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #81,495 of 150,996
What I want to know is if the 45 deg toe-in is as bad as I imagine It. Bothered me every time they showed it. Ohm Walsh wanted 90!
Yeah...I swear there were episodes where you couldn't see wires going to the speakers across the floor either. I suppose they could've run speaker wires under the floor like I did behind the walls when we finished our HT room.

Edit: Sure enough, Iooked at the link that @Paladin79 posted and can't see them in this picture either!

1630879079566.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back