Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 30, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #78,842 of 149,357
Anything that you know of on MacOS?

Cheers
The recommended Overcast includes a website where you can see all your podcasts and listen to them in any browser and they will stay synced on your iPhone.
You can also upload files, like audiobooks, to your account on the web site and listen to them on your phone with the great Overcast interface and audio controls (uploading might require a paid membership, it used to, I don't remember if that has been made free like most things in the app).

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #78,843 of 149,357
Jun 30, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #78,844 of 149,357
The recommended Overcast includes a website where you can see all your podcasts and listen to them in any browser and they will stay synced on your iPhone.
You can also upload files, like audiobooks, to your account on the web site and listen to them on your phone with the great Overcast interface and audio controls (uploading might require a paid membership, it used to, I don't remember if that has been made free like most things in the app).
Thanks. What I'm looking for is the ability to download podcasts, as mp3 files, so that they can be moved into my file folder organization to be read and played by Roon.

That's how it worked in the old Apple podcast system and was all automated. I'd like to keep that style of system.

Cheers

Jun 30, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #78,846 of 149,357
We use them. But vendors never 100% inspect all dimensions. So Charlie (or Hui) sets up a machine wrong and that hole which is “always right because the process is controlled” suddenly moves. But our first article inspection proved it was correct. Suddenly we have 200 parts that are promised to be in print but are not.
1625083066655.png

-James

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #78,847 of 149,357
We use them. But vendors never 100% inspect all dimensions. So Charlie (or Hui) sets up a machine wrong and that hole which is “always right because the process is controlled” suddenly moves. But our first article inspection proved it was correct. Suddenly we have 200 parts that are promised to be in print but are not.

Holey crap.

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #78,848 of 149,357

Thanks. What I'm looking for is the ability to download podcasts, as mp3 files, so that they can be moved into my file folder organization to be read and played by Roon.

That's how it worked in the old Apple podcast system and was all automated. I'd like to keep that style of system.

Cheers

Reading this post made me think of how many podcast players I've tried and used over the years and there's a damn few. At first thought (and in no particular order) Apple Podcasts, Overcast, Pocket Casts, Castbox, Castro, Podbean and The Podcast APP. Currently I'm using Google Podcasts which has been fine so far. One thing that is a feature iirc on all these podcast apps that I wish Apple would implement on their native podcast player is a Trim Silence feature. That's a massive deal breaker for me.

Jun 30, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #78,852 of 149,357

Attachments

• cat fist bump.gif
    cat fist bump.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • EFFECTS.jpg
    EFFECTS.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 0
  • sushi-94.jpg
    sushi-94.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #78,853 of 149,357

Cheers

I use Mashpodder for that. Works great.

Jun 30, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #78,855 of 149,357
is it me, or this thread is starting to feel like Facebook?
Dunno.

As far as Head-Fi forums I'm on this one, the "What are you listening to right now?" and Mike Moffat's "What a long strange trip it's been."

I signed up on FB with the intent of commenting on Schiit's livestream a few months ago. I did something that FB didn't like and was immediately banned and haven't bothered to sort it out.

So I have no actual experience with Facebook. I'm happy to not be a member.

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member” - Grouch Marx​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back