Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #77,507 of 149,296
MQAaaaaaaaaaa is aaaaaaaaawful! 😏

May 29, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #77,508 of 149,296
MQAaaaaaaaaaa is aaaaaaaaawful! 😏
5A871BC1-A3A6-4977-ACE5-D2B08F9AF6AD.jpeg

May 29, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #77,509 of 149,296
May 29, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #77,510 of 149,296
Like in the scene from "Jaws" where chief Brody is asked by his wife where the boys are and he responds: "in the yaaad not to faaar from the caaar."?
And the scene where Chef Brody said, "Staaat the baaabeque."

May 29, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #77,511 of 149,296
Hello,
We've all been waiting to get back to the wild for a long time now.
You've been patient. And we thank you for that.
We've been doing everything we can.
Through the pandemic.
Through unprecedented demand.
Through supply-chain hurdles and countless other things you don't give a damn about.
All you want is a Bronco.
The reason this email is down to the wire is because we've been doing everything we possibly can to avoid the need to send it. This launch has scuttled our best intentions and assumptions, so we want to set things right by talking to you straight: we are not yet able to give you a delivery timing update.
This is due to our Achilles heel in this launch, the hardtop roofs. Our production capacity doesn't match up with the actual orders we received. And while we are investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue, that investment unfortunately won't materialize overnight.
Given these challenges, we unfortunately can't provide you with a definitive delivery window. Instead, we will alert you as your Bronco achieves every milestone in the production process:
  • Scheduled for Production – This email will provide an approximate build week.
  • Built – This email will confirm your vehicle is produced and awaiting final calibrations and accessory installs. It will include the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – This email will confirm your vehicle is on its way to your dealer and include the latest estimated arrival date.
We know those emails can't come soon enough. So for those who need to get off-road right now, we're offering priority access to our complimentary off-road driving experience, the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Register here. We'll also keep creating opportunities for you to experience these beasts in person in your local area, which you can learn more about through Bronco Nation here.
We are deeply grateful for your undying love for this vehicle and we thank you again for bearing with us. We're going to get these Broncos out there, and we can't wait to see you out there. Doors off. Roof off. Way off of any paved surface.
Sincerely,

The Entire Bronco Team
Just looked up Bronco, and those are some sweet looking cars. If they ever make their way here (at a reasonable price) I’d love to get one. I’ll hang on to my little Volvo for now and check the used markets in a few years.

May 29, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #77,512 of 149,296
I'd rather it be here than in one-star reviews on the Schiitr--seriously, several people have one-starred the Schiitr because we haven't shipped their online order yet.

I get it, you're frustrated. But the Schiitr is our retail store. It has nothing to do with an online order. If you've never been there, you shouldn't be reviewing it. You have no experience with it. There is no basis for a review.

Now, if you go to the Schiitr and Will spits in your coffee and kicks you in the nuts when you ask to listen to a Modi 3+, yeah, you know, that's definitely worthy of a one-star review (and assault charges). If we screw up your order at the Schiitr, and give you the wrong product after you drove hours to get there, yeah, that's a bad review. I get that.

But never been there? Just looking to complain about an online order? That's not cool.

Now, I can go on and on about everything we are doing to help, including a reorganization along product line management lines (don't stress about the word "reorganization"--here that means "promotion"), adding additional production capacity at all partners, going to a ticketing system for order inquiries and increasing the number of people responding to order inquiries, assignment of a distributor interface, assignment of a "backorder triage" person, development of ordering dashboards that are prominently displayed on big smart TV monitors in production and shipping at both Valencia and Corpus, and the ongoing deployment of a new ERP system, since the old ad-hoc one was getting crushed.

But we are still dealing with parts shortages. Hell, Friday was a big back-and-forth about one tiny part used as a voltage reference/error amplifier in Bifrost 2, coupled with investigations on several new parts we want to use (we have to inquire about availability and stability of stocking now before doing anything). We ended up solving the issues, but stuff like that comes up every day now.

Oh, and I told Lisa I'd post this in its entirety whenever we next talked about supply chains--a little missive she got because she was thinking about a Bronco (she since decided to stay with her Wrangler):

Hello,
We've all been waiting to get back to the wild for a long time now.
You've been patient. And we thank you for that.
We've been doing everything we can.
Through the pandemic.
Through unprecedented demand.
Through supply-chain hurdles and countless other things you don't give a damn about.
All you want is a Bronco.
The reason this email is down to the wire is because we've been doing everything we possibly can to avoid the need to send it. This launch has scuttled our best intentions and assumptions, so we want to set things right by talking to you straight: we are not yet able to give you a delivery timing update.
This is due to our Achilles heel in this launch, the hardtop roofs. Our production capacity doesn't match up with the actual orders we received. And while we are investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue, that investment unfortunately won't materialize overnight.
Given these challenges, we unfortunately can't provide you with a definitive delivery window. Instead, we will alert you as your Bronco achieves every milestone in the production process:
  • Scheduled for Production – This email will provide an approximate build week.
  • Built – This email will confirm your vehicle is produced and awaiting final calibrations and accessory installs. It will include the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – This email will confirm your vehicle is on its way to your dealer and include the latest estimated arrival date.
We know those emails can't come soon enough. So for those who need to get off-road right now, we're offering priority access to our complimentary off-road driving experience, the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Register here. We'll also keep creating opportunities for you to experience these beasts in person in your local area, which you can learn more about through Bronco Nation here.
We are deeply grateful for your undying love for this vehicle and we thank you again for bearing with us. We're going to get these Broncos out there, and we can't wait to see you out there. Doors off. Roof off. Way off of any paved surface.
Sincerely,

The Entire Bronco Team

So yeah, we're working to make it better. And it will get better. Hell, Corpus is finally building Loki Mini+ for the huge backorder we have. (And one other new thing, ha!) Amps are pretty much back in stock. Bifrost 2 build is next week. Things are progressing.

So. Please. Patience is appreciated.

And, for the love of god, if you haven't been to the Schiitr, don't post your frustrations there.

A friend and Bryston owner shared this with me two days ago. Difficult times for our neighbors to the North... :slight_frown:

Apology.JPG

May 29, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #77,513 of 149,296
…while I’m waiting for the latest toy from Schiit…
{{edit… ADC Equalizer with a signal problems}}}…and…
{{another edit on my edit... ASHLY 3102 Stereo Equalizer troubleshooting}}.

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #77,515 of 149,296
I've given up on guessing what's up Jason's sleeve...

But my money is on SYS+ or SYSius. 😄

Last edited:
May 29, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #77,518 of 149,296
You're lucky. I just have a sheet of plywood, and with prices skyrocketing it's going to be expensive to replace when the last layer crumbles away. :sob:
We bought granite because it is less expensive than plywood.

May 29, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #77,519 of 149,296
Loki made it to my Other Hobby Den today:
210529 Plot 6 audio small.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't check my cable needs and I didn't bring a 3.5mm x RCA cable, so no equalizing done today. I am keeping my fingers crossed for clear skies next weekend. The moon will be a thin waning crescent, not rising until something like 4:00am.

May 29, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #77,520 of 149,296
Loki made it to my Other Hobby Den today:
210529 Plot 6 audio small.jpg

Unfortunately, I didn't check my cable needs and I didn't bring a 3.5mm x RCA cable, so no equalizing done today. I am keeping my fingers crossed for clear skies next weekend. The moon will be a thin waning crescent, not rising until something like 4:00am.
Nice chair. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back