Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 29, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #77,492 of 149,297
May 29, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #77,495 of 149,297
My wife is a head purchaser for a metal working supply company with many aviation clients and she says lead times change daily and prices keep going up.
Yup. Stainless steel is already 2X the price it was 4 months ago with prices continuing to increase and availability rapidly decreasing. So do you buy as much as you can get your hands on now at 2X the price in fear of the price going to 3X, or even worse....availability to zero? Or will supply and prices start to normalize before you run out and you end up paying more than you could have? Glad I don't have to make those decisions. :smile:

May 29, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #77,496 of 149,297
Jason,

Thank you for correcting my horrible paraphrasing - I was just really excited about how quickly my order was processed and shipped.

I teach a customer service course and I used your acknowledgements as an example of transparency and "under promising and trying to over deliver".

Update to my update:

Ordered: Wednesday 3:55 PM
Shipped: Thursday 7:54 AM
Received at my doorstep in Canada (Burnaby, BC): Friday 11:59 AM

Pic 1 is the Saga (came with nice Tung Sol GTB like the one I use in my Dark Voice) and Modius.
  • The Saga is part of a future project for when I find the space to move some systems around.

Pic 2 is the Modius on top of my outboard power supply for my Dynaco Tube Preamp handmade by an old friend, with an Asgard 3 on top using pyst wires.
  • This is in my office/teaching/listening space.
  • I also have a pair of JBL 305's and a Sansui CDX311 CD player that was modded by a former coworker.
  • The turntable is an Ariston RD11 with AT95.
  • Yes, I'm planning to organize, tidy the space.
  • Not listening to the Asgard/Modius yet, letting it run in before I comment. It is replacing a Modi 3 (not plus) that I bought last year.

Thanks for the great customer service and I know that I am extremely lucky - thank you, I am truly grateful.
We have nearly identical granite in our kitchen. Your Schiit looks good there, but I don't think my missus will allow me to move my gear into the kitchen.

May 29, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #77,497 of 149,297
May 29, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #77,498 of 149,297
May 29, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #77,499 of 149,297
I don’t understand people put customer service issues here.
I'd rather it be here than in one-star reviews on the Schiitr--seriously, several people have one-starred the Schiitr because we haven't shipped their online order yet.

I get it, you're frustrated. But the Schiitr is our retail store. It has nothing to do with an online order. If you've never been there, you shouldn't be reviewing it. You have no experience with it. There is no basis for a review.

Now, if you go to the Schiitr and Will spits in your coffee and kicks you in the nuts when you ask to listen to a Modi 3+, yeah, you know, that's definitely worthy of a one-star review (and assault charges). If we screw up your order at the Schiitr, and give you the wrong product after you drove hours to get there, yeah, that's a bad review. I get that.

But never been there? Just looking to complain about an online order? That's not cool.

Now, I can go on and on about everything we are doing to help, including a reorganization along product line management lines (don't stress about the word "reorganization"--here that means "promotion"), adding additional production capacity at all partners, going to a ticketing system for order inquiries and increasing the number of people responding to order inquiries, assignment of a distributor interface, assignment of a "backorder triage" person, development of ordering dashboards that are prominently displayed on big smart TV monitors in production and shipping at both Valencia and Corpus, and the ongoing deployment of a new ERP system, since the old ad-hoc one was getting crushed.

But we are still dealing with parts shortages. Hell, Friday was a big back-and-forth about one tiny part used as a voltage reference/error amplifier in Bifrost 2, coupled with investigations on several new parts we want to use (we have to inquire about availability and stability of stocking now before doing anything). We ended up solving the issues, but stuff like that comes up every day now.

Oh, and I told Lisa I'd post this in its entirety whenever we next talked about supply chains--a little missive she got because she was thinking about a Bronco (she since decided to stay with her Wrangler):

Hello,
We've all been waiting to get back to the wild for a long time now.
You've been patient. And we thank you for that.
We've been doing everything we can.
Through the pandemic.
Through unprecedented demand.
Through supply-chain hurdles and countless other things you don't give a damn about.
All you want is a Bronco.
The reason this email is down to the wire is because we've been doing everything we possibly can to avoid the need to send it. This launch has scuttled our best intentions and assumptions, so we want to set things right by talking to you straight: we are not yet able to give you a delivery timing update.
This is due to our Achilles heel in this launch, the hardtop roofs. Our production capacity doesn't match up with the actual orders we received. And while we are investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue, that investment unfortunately won't materialize overnight.
Given these challenges, we unfortunately can't provide you with a definitive delivery window. Instead, we will alert you as your Bronco achieves every milestone in the production process:
  • Scheduled for Production – This email will provide an approximate build week.
  • Built – This email will confirm your vehicle is produced and awaiting final calibrations and accessory installs. It will include the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – This email will confirm your vehicle is on its way to your dealer and include the latest estimated arrival date.
We know those emails can't come soon enough. So for those who need to get off-road right now, we're offering priority access to our complimentary off-road driving experience, the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Register here. We'll also keep creating opportunities for you to experience these beasts in person in your local area, which you can learn more about through Bronco Nation here.
We are deeply grateful for your undying love for this vehicle and we thank you again for bearing with us. We're going to get these Broncos out there, and we can't wait to see you out there. Doors off. Roof off. Way off of any paved surface.
Sincerely,

The Entire Bronco Team

So yeah, we're working to make it better. And it will get better. Hell, Corpus is finally building Loki Mini+ for the huge backorder we have. (And one other new thing, ha!) Amps are pretty much back in stock. Bifrost 2 build is next week. Things are progressing.

So. Please. Patience is appreciated.

And, for the love of god, if you haven't been to the Schiitr, don't post your frustrations there.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 29, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #77,500 of 149,297
We have nearly identical granite in our kitchen.
You're lucky. I just have a sheet of plywood, and with prices skyrocketing it's going to be expensive to replace when the last layer crumbles away. :sob:

May 29, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #77,501 of 149,297
Anyone else wonder if all these lead time increases is because of some other reason? Maybe a secret war with the aliens flying around in the Pacific?
Ssshhh! Don't say that out loud!

May 29, 2021 at 9:44 AM Post #77,502 of 149,297
I'd rather it be here than in one-star reviews on the Schiitr--seriously, several people have one-starred the Schiitr because we haven't shipped their online order yet.

I get it, you're frustrated. But the Schiitr is our retail store. It has nothing to do with an online order. If you've never been there, you shouldn't be reviewing it. You have no experience with it. There is no basis for a review.

Now, if you go to the Schiitr and Will spits in your coffee and kicks you in the nuts when you ask to listen to a Modi 3+, yeah, you know, that's definitely worthy of a one-star review (and assault charges). If we screw up your order at the Schiitr, and give you the wrong product after you drove hours to get there, yeah, that's a bad review. I get that.

But never been there? Just looking to complain about an online order? That's not cool.

Now, I can go on and on about everything we are doing to help, including a reorganization along product line management lines (don't stress about the word "reorganization"--here that means "promotion"), adding additional production capacity at all partners, going to a ticketing system for order inquiries and increasing the number of people responding to order inquiries, assignment of a distributor interface, assignment of a "backorder triage" person, development of ordering dashboards that are prominently displayed on big smart TV monitors in production and shipping at both Valencia and Corpus, and the ongoing deployment of a new ERP system, since the old ad-hoc one was getting crushed.

But we are still dealing with parts shortages. Hell, Friday was a big back-and-forth about one tiny part used as a voltage reference/error amplifier in Bifrost 2, coupled with investigations on several new parts we want to use (we have to inquire about availability and stability of stocking now before doing anything). We ended up solving the issues, but stuff like that comes up every day now.

Oh, and I told Lisa I'd post this in its entirety whenever we next talked about supply chains--a little missive she got because she was thinking about a Bronco (she since decided to stay with her Wrangler):

Hello,
We've all been waiting to get back to the wild for a long time now.
You've been patient. And we thank you for that.
We've been doing everything we can.
Through the pandemic.
Through unprecedented demand.
Through supply-chain hurdles and countless other things you don't give a damn about.
All you want is a Bronco.
The reason this email is down to the wire is because we've been doing everything we possibly can to avoid the need to send it. This launch has scuttled our best intentions and assumptions, so we want to set things right by talking to you straight: we are not yet able to give you a delivery timing update.
This is due to our Achilles heel in this launch, the hardtop roofs. Our production capacity doesn't match up with the actual orders we received. And while we are investing millions of dollars to fix our roof supply issue, that investment unfortunately won't materialize overnight.
Given these challenges, we unfortunately can't provide you with a definitive delivery window. Instead, we will alert you as your Bronco achieves every milestone in the production process:
  • Scheduled for Production – This email will provide an approximate build week.
  • Built – This email will confirm your vehicle is produced and awaiting final calibrations and accessory installs. It will include the estimated arrival date at your dealership.
  • Shipped – This email will confirm your vehicle is on its way to your dealer and include the latest estimated arrival date.
We know those emails can't come soon enough. So for those who need to get off-road right now, we're offering priority access to our complimentary off-road driving experience, the Bronco Off-Roadeo. Register here. We'll also keep creating opportunities for you to experience these beasts in person in your local area, which you can learn more about through Bronco Nation here.
We are deeply grateful for your undying love for this vehicle and we thank you again for bearing with us. We're going to get these Broncos out there, and we can't wait to see you out there. Doors off. Roof off. Way off of any paved surface.
Sincerely,

The Entire Bronco Team

So yeah, we're working to make it better. And it will get better. Hell, Corpus is finally building Loki Mini+ for the huge backorder we have. (And one other new thing, ha!) Amps are pretty much back in stock. Bifrost 2 build is next week. Things are progressing.

So. Please. Patience is appreciated.

And, for the love of god, if you haven't been to the Schiitr, don't post your frustrations there.
I received this notice yesterday from Ford. The vehicle was ordered last November.

Attachments

• mach-e.JPG
    mach-e.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 0
May 29, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #77,503 of 149,297
Until I can afford that which I desire I will continue to listen to my music with what I have. While trying to "catch up" here, I think I read something where Jason said they won't be using one of those "pay via monthly installment" companies because they don't want something as relatively affordable as Schiit products to become thought of as incrementally affordable. I am probably wrong in my paraphrasing of what I read but I agree.

What I have liked about this company from the first ad I read is that they have a sense of humor. They are also in business to be in business and not to give the business to their customers. Did that make sense or cents? I like to think it did...Another thing I really like is having met some of the People Of The Schiit (Denise at the first Schiit Show in particular) their employees are human beings. And they understand and can put themselves in your shoes so long as you don't walk all over them.

They may not be your friends but given time and circumstances they very well could be. It is far easier to make an enemy of someone than a friend. The former requires no real effort save being an jerque either online or in the real world. The latter? It requires time and effort. And that pretty much sums up life. Schitt brings a smile to my face just by reading the company name. It brings a warmth to the soul by remembering Denise and her shared affinity for The Beach Boys. And there's always your music. I don't need Schiit to listen to my music. But I want some anyway. It's made in Amurica! It's made by real Amuricans. Real people with real lives outside of work. People with families. People with pets. People with problems, hopes, dreams and a soundtrack to all of that and more. Just like us.

So if someone gets on your nerves here (like a toad, fer instance...) Don't get mad. Don't get "even". Just give 'em The Schitt. :ksc75smile: I have rambled enough for one day. It's nice to be back but I had best back off for now. I think I'll stare at the S.M.S.L. M100 and imagine it's turned to...Yeah. :L3000: If Mr. Stoddard happens to read this, please say hello to Denise the Beach Boys fan for me. Thanks!

May 29, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #77,505 of 149,297
I received this notice yesterday from Ford. The vehicle was ordered last November.
I just test drove one last week and I’m putting my order in today. I know it’ll take some time but I’m not in a hurry. If it takes a year I will still be thrilled with my first EV!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back