Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #74,656 of 149,748
You had me at Arglebargle - now that’s a term/name I’ve havent heard in decades
Have you ever heard of its designer and CEO, Angus McGonagle, aka the Argyle Gargoyle?
Angus.JPG.jpg

Apr 4, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #74,659 of 149,748
Apr 4, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #74,661 of 149,748
Breaking in the new sub and Ron's (NRD) binaural speaker demo turned me on to this which has been addicting and I've been exploring the rest of Nenad Vasilic's work.

Hope you all got your music fill this weekend!

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #74,662 of 149,748
Apr 4, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #74,663 of 149,748
Schiit N Music
Story / Saturday Night continued - Sunday follow up:

The folks here are amazing.
I really do appreciate all the “good vibrations” and the advice/recommendations.

Jason, you are most kind. The local guy is well respected, my asthma Dr. (totally trusted) holds him in high regard. He is just a bit younger than I am; still very active in latest research and such and we seemed to make a connection. I will see how this goes. One and done sounds great!

I hesitated in reporting my story. Not wanting to derail thread for a personal thing.
Somehow it seemed to fit the “Story / Saturday Night continued” thoughts I have been bothering you all with, so there it is.
I know all will turn our fine, just another bump I’m my road. I have loving wife, family and friends to watch over me.
Including you guys.

Aside :wink: — it was April 4, one year ago today, since the first “Story / Saturday Night” post.
My original intent consisted of discussions on how Schiit and music would make the covid situation tolerable.
The time line has grown as has my hair. It is almost as long as it was in 1972 when I was “inspected, detected and injected” and awaiting my call up/report letter; Nixon ended that.
Maybe these postings should end.
I am however fond of Schiit N Music :)

Thanks for your tolerance and support
Enjoy the Schiit N Music
r2

Apr 4, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #74,664 of 149,748
Schiit N Music

I really do appreciate all the “good vibrations” and the advice/recommendations.

Jason, you are most kind. The local guy is well respected, my asthma Dr. (totally trusted) holds him in high regard. He is just a bit younger than I am; still very active in latest research and such and we seemed to make a connection. I will see how this goes. One and done sounds great!

I hesitated in reporting my story. Not wanting to derail thread for a personal thing.
Somehow it seemed to fit the “Story / Saturday Night continued” thoughts I have been bothering you all with, so there it is.
I know all will turn our fine, just another bump I’m my road. I have loving wife, family and friends to watch over me.
Including you guys.

Aside :wink: — it was April 4, one year ago today, since the first “Story / Saturday Night” post.
My original intent consisted of discussions on how Schiit and music would make the covid situation tolerable.
The time line has grown as has my hair. It is almost as long as it was in 1972 when I was “inspected, detected and injected” and awaiting my call up/report letter; Nixon ended that.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
r2

I am fond of your version of Schiit N Music too! Keep'em coming...
Steve

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #74,665 of 149,748
It's been said happiness lies outside your comfort zone. To that end I sometimes swim against the current. On purpose. It often makes my knees weak but I try to power through.
Sounds like my ideal evening, chilling at home after the kids are in bed and the missus is doing her own thing. Headphones, music, MN craft beer (perhaps wrapped up with some Islay single malt), and boxing/UFC (new or vintage) on mute on the screen in front of me).
What scotch are you drinking?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #74,666 of 149,748
Schiit N Music

Including you guys.

Enjoy the Schiit N Music
r2
I've thoroughly enjoyed your continued stories this past year -- please don't stop now. It's always nice to hear how people are finding ways of enjoyment and entertainment especially with the challenging times we've had of late. And I'll look forward to hearing when you've thoroughly healed from this latest challenge!

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #74,667 of 149,748
Reminds me of Agnes Obel
Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome! In a similar vein I forgot to mention that Nils Frahm dropped a new Album "Graz" this week celebrating International Piano Day. Heavy rotation for this one as well. Also on Bandcamp -

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #74,668 of 149,748
I got diagnosed with sleep apnea. No heart disease so far (fingers crossed), but getting used to the CPAP machine is an ongoing struggle - and definitely not for those who are vain about how they look when they sleep!

I was born with Central Apnea. Not fun. But, I use a Bi-Pap. It's much easier to get used to, as it has dual motors, so it exhales and inhales, and feels much more natural while in use.

Good luck.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #74,669 of 149,748
How's everyone's Easter gone/going so far?
Mostly resting (except for standard Sunday morning hill hike) after my first week of (more self-powered than lift-assisted) skiing since covid hit, thanks to the pioneers of mRNA vaccination: Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman for modified messenger RNA (the most Nobel-worthy discovery in decades); Barney Graham, Jason McLellan and others for pre-fusion stabilization of the spike glycoprotein; BioNTech and Pfizer for putting the science into practice; and to many volunteers and underpaid health and government workers for getting it finally into our arms. Many ways to celebrate hopeful reopenings of life and spirit.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #74,670 of 149,748
Listening to this 25 minute live session has consumed much of my past week, including this morning. I've been a fan of Hania for a while. You can find her music on bandcamp - https://haniarani.bandcamp.com.

WOW! That was amazing. So very, very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing this, I've been turned on to another young artist to follow.

So much incredible music out there, so little time. No matter what you're into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back