Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 9, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #72,931 of 150,836
Or maybe not... :smirk:

Capture.JPG

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #72,932 of 150,836
Supply issues and costs are issues across the board and not just in audio. Try to buy a sheet of regular plywood. What pre Covid was $8 is now $40. Burch plywood, oh only about $70. Crazy times.
It IS crazy; Cynthia's dog treat mfg biz' primary supplier is a big regional restaurant/bakery supplier. Obviously, business sucks for them, but we are busier than ever. Scary navigating through getting assurances for 1 ton totes from grain mills, etc etc, but she knew the job was dangerous when she took it :wink:

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #72,933 of 150,836
It IS crazy; Cynthia's dog treat mfg biz' primary supplier is a big regional restaurant/bakery supplier. Obviously, business sucks for them, but we are busier than ever. Scary navigating through getting assurances for 1 ton totes from grain mills, etc etc, but she knew the job was dangerous when she took it :wink:
Yep, asking for some equipment and getting lead times of 24 months, 122 weeks is getting silly. And the scary part is when you tell people, "yeah, this item has an 88 week lead time" and them just going "okay" is even weirder.

Mar 9, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #72,937 of 150,836
That sounds somehow redundant... :)

The larger chile in a chile relleno is mild in flavor. Having it smothered in hot green chiles boosts the heat factor and clears the alimentary canal of any and all blockages. :smile_cat:

Mar 9, 2021 at 11:21 PM Post #72,938 of 150,836
Well, if you judge California by the LA and SF metro areas, it'll never be good. Those areas are retracing the steps Detroit has taken over the past 45 years, and it's difficult to see any way their trajectory into dystopic urban desolation can be stopped, much less reversed. I'm afraid the next shoe to fall will be unfettered crime; there's a recent story from San Francisco, easily found, about a TV news crew that was shooting a story about the huge increase in car theft, in the midst of which a car full of thugs drove up and robbed the crew at gunpoint of their camera equipment, then casually drove away, seemingly without any fear law enforcement would be interested in or capable of stopping or arresting them. Once criminals broadly realize that LE is an empty suit, and nobody is going to impede them, it's going to get very, very ugly fast. And in the most heavily populated places first.

A lot of rural California is still pretty nice, though. Good, friendly, generous people with values and a moral code, towns that take care of themselves, nice weather and all that. Probably not so different from the best places in NC or other places in the US you'd want to be.

But it's probably true that the greatness of California is in its past, and it's not likely to ever regain that way of living again, or even feel the hope or promise that it will ever return.

As a resident of Los Angeles I can say this is nothing but the typical conservative image of CA - Sure there is crime - but there is crime anywhere and everywhere. Let me put it this way. I have walked unharmed thru LA's Skid Row. I have been viciously harassed in a racist manner in 1) rural California - so no, it's not nice. 2) Colo Springs 3) Texas (El Paso). So no - Iike I mentioned before, found a home and will never leave. And we are the 5th economic power in the world. I have never been or will be back to Colorado or Texas and avoid rural California as much as possible.

Blunt, yes, but it has to be said. Clarifying the truth is not politics. (and back to audio - sorry could not stay silent. - the post above is 100% wrong)

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #72,939 of 150,836
I got this RAVpower Portable Power Station 252. 7Wh/70200mAh on order to run my Topping D90 MQA + A90 + Xduoo TA-20 off-line of mains power.

The key things for use with this unit are high storage 252. 7Wh/70200mAh capacity vs size for price, two way PD 60w port - you can charge it via the provided AC adapter or via the 60W PD port faster.

It has 2 AC ports with a combined 300w, or single AC port @ 250w continuous use. I wanted a small unit to test before springing for a LiFePO4 Bluetti AP200P.

**** Update: A new email code came in a RAVPower email bringing the price down to $159!, please see the bottom of this post! And, I'm not positive but this code might work on Amazon and RavPower direct, please give it a try. ****

I was waiting for sale prices to drop it below $199, and then it kept dropping, I finally snagged it at $169 from RAVPower directly:
1615352397983.png
IDK if the code still works as I ordered a few days ago - you can sign up for their newsletter - that's how I got the code sent to me.

I'll include the RavPower 252.7Wh Hobotech review
Here is the Hobotech Bluetti A200p review, he's also got a multi-part review of the Bluetti A200 with lithium ion batteries - you want the LiFePO4 version as it has an order of magnitude higher charging cycle life.

RavPower has this on their site for $189 with a posted Promo code (next to price), and on Amazon there is a $10 coupon which drops the price to $179:

Portable Power Station RAVPower 252.7Wh/70200mAh Solar Generator, Dual 110V/300W Pure Sine Wave AC Outlet, 60W PD and 120W DC Port Backup Lithium Battery for Outdoors Camping Travel Hunting Emergency
https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-70200mAh-Generator-Emergency/dp/B085PYYX2B

Portable Power Station 252.7Wh Power House
Model: RP-PB187
https://www.ravpower.com/products/rp-pb187-portable-power-station
1615351890492.png

Jackery released an upgrade to the Explorer 240 ($199), the Jackery Explorer 300 ($299) that matches the RavPower ($169) in outlets and capacity, but it costs almost 2x more. JACKERY EXPLORER 300 Solar Generator Review | 300w Portable Power Station

Crazy, I just got another promo code from RavPower bringing the price down to $159!
**** Update: A new email code came in a RAVPower email bringing the price down to $159!, please see the bottom of this post! And, I'm not positive but this code might work on Amazon and RavPower direct, please give it a try. ****
"[Urgent] You've Got 3 Days To See This!"
1615362864722.png

1615362920629.png

There is also a new Bluetti EP500 / EP500 Pro with 5100Wh LiFePO4 coming on Kickstarter on March 16th. Sign Up To Get Your Super Early Bird Perk At $2799! (Incl.Taxes), they don't mention if that is the price for the EP500 or EP500 Pro (same battery capacity, higher wattage inverter and solar charging input)
https://www.bluetti.com/pages/ep500-p

Update: Bluetti is having a nice $300 discount on their LiFePO4 based AC200p: $300 OFF, CODE: AC200P300, and more!
https://www.bluetti.com/products/bluetti-ac200p-2000wh-2000w-portable-power-station
https://www.bluetti.com/pages/power-for-the-spring

Update: 3-15-21 - got an email saying the Kickstarter for the Bluetti EP500/EP500 Pro is delayed 7 days:
EP500 Series's Launch Date Postponed To Mar. 23rd

FYI - I received the Ravpower RP-PB187

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #72,940 of 150,836
2 things...

1) Texas BBQ will grow on you - as a transplanted NYer I used to hate the stuff, now I'll take a good Texas brisket over a corned beef from Stage Deli any day!
2) Welcome to Texas Schiit! Corpus is very cool, down to earth, and utterly lacking in pomposity...methinks Jason will fit right in.

Glad that Schiit is staying in California, and also glad they are expanding to Texas, a win for America all around!

Mar 10, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #72,941 of 150,836
As a resident of Los Angeles I can say this is nothing but the typical conservative image of CA - Sure there is crime - but there is crime anywhere and everywhere. Let me put it this way. I have walked unharmed thru LA's Skid Row. I have been viciously harassed in a racist manner in 1) rural California - so no, it's not nice. 2) Colo Springs 3) Texas (El Paso). So no - Iike I mentioned before, found a home and will never leave. And we are the 5th economic power in the world. I have never been or will be back to Colorado or Texas and avoid rural California as much as possible.

Blunt, yes, but it has to be said. Clarifying the truth is not politics. (and back to audio - sorry could not stay silent. - the post above is 100% wrong)

No, it is not. Sorry, your comment does not refute his.

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #72,942 of 150,836
It's not a Tuba-chan, its a Eupho!
Euphonium nerd alert to get us off barbeque - I've been a working bass trombonist for fifty years and have ten bass trombones in my collection. But the best instrument I own is my 1917 Boosey (before Boosey and Hawkes) 3 valve compensating euphonium. I LOVE that horn. And now, back to barbeque and cats...

Mar 10, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #72,943 of 150,836
Euphonium nerd alert to get us off barbeque - I've been a working bass trombonist for fifty years and have ten bass trombones in my collection. But the best instrument I own is my 1917 Boosey (before Boosey and Hawkes) 3 valve compensating euphonium. I LOVE that horn. And now, back to barbeque and cats...
why not change your userid to euphonium (as you really do own / play one) ?

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #72,944 of 150,836

No, it is not. Sorry, your comment does not refute his.

It is a prejudiced fantasy image based on many false ideas that conservatives want to believe about California. All lies, like I said, 5th Economic Power in the world. All based on the talents of a diverse population. They hate that. Even rural California hates that, for that matter.

Ah well, we are gonna get called on - unfortunately these times correcting falsehoods is considered politics. Last thing I will say on the subject even if you continue spreading falsehoods.

v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back