Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 24, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #68,941 of 151,508
I kind of want the new Vali but I don’t really NEED it. Anyone else have this problem?

Line 1- Need Vali 2+
Line 2- Nexus is cool, Need Jotenheim 2
Line 3- SE is fine, Maybe I just need Asgard 3
Line 4- I Luke tubes alot, need Lyr 3...
Line 5- Don't have $500, Goto Line 1.

I've been here for awhile.

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #68,942 of 151,508
I kind of want the new Vali but I don’t really NEED it. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep. Problem solved. I ordered it. :relaxed:
(justified it by the fact that I have the odd E188CC and E288CC in my stash and I needed something to listen to them with :sweat_smile:)

Dec 24, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #68,943 of 151,508
I have a jotunheim 2 coming next week. I thought I had ordered early after announcement but my trigger finger was clearly slower than many others.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #68,944 of 151,508
There sure are plenty of people on here getting Jotunheim 2s. Jealous! A very sweet Christmas present, I'd say. Congrats Jason on getting both Nexus and Continuity (simplified) into it and keeping the price the same as before -- a remarkable achievement. I'm sorely tempted but will probably keep saving my pennies for the Lokius and Transport.

I have the original Jot paired with a Bifrost 2 and this works really well with my HD 6XXs. I'm curious: has anyone tried the new Jotunheim 2 with either the 6XXs or HD 800s? The original Jotunheim with HD 800s is a bit too bright to my liking, much prefer it paired with the 6XXs, but I'm definitely curious what this new version does with both headphones.

All the very best wishes to everyone -- regardless whether one prefers NC or TX barbecue -- for a happy and safe holiday season.

(And very sorry for your loss, Pietro. I'm not a cat person but know what it means to lose a life companion like that.)

((And, wow, this is my 100th post, which is about as much as @bcowen, @Ripper2860 or @Ableza average in a week. Ha!))

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #68,945 of 151,508
I'm in the process of getting a Lyr 3 (my 6th amp... [zero point zero one percent need]). Problem? Nah. I'm phine. Nothing too sea hear. :k701smile:

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #68,946 of 151,508
I'm in the process of getting a Lyr 3 (my 6th amp... [zero point zero one percent need]). Problem? Nah. I'm phine. Nothing too sea hear. :k701smile:
Couldn't be more phine.

I actually might need one, kinda working it out in my head. Lot of empty space in there so I gotta keep 'em busy.

Somehow I froze the switch on my Vali 2, would I be a bad man if I let my mimby get lonely?

I have the original Jot paired with a Bifrost 2 and this works really well with my HD 6XXs. I'm curious: has anyone tried the new Jotunheim 2 with either the 6XXs or HD 800s? The original Jotunheim with HD 800s is a bit too bright to my liking, much prefer it paired with the 6XXs, but I'm definitely curious what this new version does with both headphones.
With the Aeon RT's I feel like the Jot 3 (this isn't the Jot 2, they're running some kind of scam, I'm investigating, not sure what upside might be) improves them so much it is as if I bought the Aeon 2 or even the next model up the line (forget the name). The Jot 3 just works well with a wider range of headphones than I've ever experienced with a fresh new amplifier in the past.

Sadly, however, this is NOT the story with the Sennheiser 6xx (massdrop version). It absolutely sounds better, but it doesn't magincally become an 800 or w/e.

That's my initial impression only, I'm going to go back and give a more careful listen as my Xmas am present.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #68,947 of 151,508

7th one is Jotunheim 2... Might as well order it now (plus a balanced cable from DCA) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: If you go 3-level-reversed-sys-daisy-chained you can support up to 8 HP amplifiers :ksc75smile:

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #68,948 of 151,508
There sure are plenty of people on here getting Jotunheim 2s. Jealous! A very sweet Christmas present, I'd say. Congrats Jason on getting both Nexus and Continuity (simplified) into it and keeping the price the same as before -- a remarkable achievement. I'm sorely tempted but will probably keep saving my pennies for the Lokius and Transport.

All the very best wishes to everyone -- regardless whether one prefers NC or TX barbecue -- for a happy and safe holiday season.

(And very sorry for your loss, Pietro. I'm not a cat person but know what it means to lose a life companion like that.)

((And, wow, this is my 100th post, which is about as much as @bcowen, @Ripper2860 or @Ableza average in a week. Ha!))
I am using the Jot 2 with my 800S having previously come from version 1. I did not find the OG Jot too bright though I can see(hear) why others may believe it to be. Having said that after only early hours with the 2, I do not detect that previous tonality and find this a very neutral pairing. I am using Low Gain and balanced.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #68,949 of 151,508
New Schiit arrived. I've done a bit of early listening with the Jot so far, from the Bifrost. The set-up reminds me a bit of old-style vinyl+paper-cone-speaker listening.

IMG_4726.jpeg

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #68,950 of 151,508
Y'all keep doing that and they'll ship you some of the North Carolina BBQ y'all love so much. :smirk_cat:
Anyone with a passing knowledge of NC BBQ would make a distinction.

Eastern: Whole hog, slow roasted over hickory or oak coals, fine chopped, with a vinegar based red pepper sauce (the way God intended).

Western (or Lexington): Shoulders only, often cooked with gas, usually sliced or chunk chopped, with a vinegar/tomato pepper sauce (not bad, if you can't get Eastern, or you have no breeding or taste).

Down East, we just say "Q".

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #68,951 of 151,508
@Currawong in one of your videos you mentioned a multi-strand and single-mode??? toslink optical cable. how does that compare with a wired coaxial s/pdif connection at 16/44.1 from a CD player / transport to external DAC?

The 1300 strand cable from Sysconcept.ca. It should allow 192k through optical, but it doesn't seem to work with all DACs. The main thing is that you get electrical isolation from your source, which might reduce noise and hardness in the sound, though if the jitter is high, the DAC might generate noise itself as a result. They seemed to be best with portable gear that has optical output.

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #68,954 of 151,508
IMG_0210.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 9.21.05 PM.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
Scrounge around for parts & you can kinda fake a Jot2 [Lisst / Analog input board]
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back