Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #68,176 of 151,643
convex woofer cone would disperse the sound away from the central axis, like a dome tweeter attempts to. this would decrease measured sensitivity (e.g. dB/Watt/1m) requiring a more powerful amplifier. bass frequencies already disperse naturally.

the ohm walsh speakers used a convex cone to radiate the sound radially (in a plane normal to the voice coil's axis)

And are my planned speakers for my system.

Hello all! Joining after lurking for a bit, enjoying my MB Asgard 3 (replaced a 2U stack that I handed down) which feeds a either DT880 600Ohms or a Freya S and monoblock Vidars currently way overbuilt for bookshelf Klipsch (plan is to build out speakers then dedicated 'streamer' pulling from the household NAS feeding a MB DAC - most likely Yggy, but maybe MB Gungnir).

For BBQ why does no one like mustard sauce? Also, all are good - molasses base, tomato base, vinegar base, dry vs wet, pork/beef/chicken, Islay over the rest though.

Schiit definitely has the electrical voodoo down pat, and working as a mechanical engineer (yeah, I'm another ANOTHER gd engineer) supporting manufacturing they have that down too in both the practical aspect and cost effective - from what I can tell.

Dec 14, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #68,177 of 151,643
And are my planned speakers for my system.

Hello all! Joining after lurking for a bit, enjoying my MB Asgard 3 (replaced a 2U stack that I handed down) which feeds a either DT880 600Ohms or a Freya S and monoblock Vidars currently way overbuilt for bookshelf Klipsch (plan is to build out speakers then dedicated 'streamer' pulling from the household NAS feeding a MB DAC - most likely Yggy, but maybe MB Gungnir).

For BBQ why does no one like mustard sauce? Also, all are good - molasses base, tomato base, vinegar base, dry vs wet, pork/beef/chicken, Islay over the rest though.

Schiit definitely has the electrical voodoo down pat, and working as a mechanical engineer (yeah, I'm another ANOTHER gd engineer) supporting manufacturing they have that down too in both the practical aspect and cost effective - from what I can tell.

welcome to head-fi. hang onto your wallet...oops...already too late for you. Never too many engineers on this thread.

No such thing as too much horsepower or wattage. :)

aside: some have complained about the Freya and Saga volume control relay clickety-click train. any recommendations (e.g. type of material to apply to top cover, thickness, etc...) to reduce or dampen the noise (for those that have family members who dislike it) ?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #68,178 of 151,643
Nothing like unfurling your banner and sounding your trumpet boldly. Welcome.

Dec 15, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #68,179 of 151,643
Facebook, yeah, I know, I know, I don't like it, you don't like it, I just sit there and blather, so I don't particularly care where it goes. Email denise@schiit.com to suggest better distribution platforms. I have no problem moving it to something the kool kids are using these days. Gawd, I sound old. But really just busy. Very busy!

Twitch or even doing on Schiit's Youtube channel is a good idea

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #68,184 of 151,643
Facebook, yeah, I know, I know, I don't like it, you don't like it, I just sit there and blather, so I don't particularly care where it goes. Email denise@schiit.com to suggest better distribution platforms. I have no problem moving it to something the kool kids are using these days. Gawd, I sound old. But really just busy. Very busy!
kool kids are you tu be:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 15, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #68,185 of 151,643
I wrote Denise to stream on Youtube and embed in Facebook.
Everybody happy that way.

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #68,186 of 151,643
I would appreciate if you add more stock to the Europe website, its annoying trying to buy devices from your brand and always the sticker of: Out of stock u.u

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #68,187 of 151,643
That's a good idea too
I agree, but not everyone has a google or wants a google account, and commercials for some viewers might be an issue?

Onto other Schiit ... btw the Pyst XLR are back in stock someone mentioned they were looking ... so, Magnius and Pyst XLR with two day shipping or used Jot? About the same price. For now for active speakers but for later maybe the all in one would be nice. Hm. If the Magnius was silver to go with the Modius ... but I don't mind black so much either.

Dec 15, 2020 at 8:47 AM Post #68,190 of 151,643
I agree, but not everyone has a google or wants a google account, and commercials for some viewers might be an issue?
You don't need a Google account to view YouTube videos.
This is how untruths are written into the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back