Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #68,161 of 153,531
you should be able to, but why would you want/ need to? what is your configuration?
Daisy-chain? If by that you mean using the RCA outputs from one amp to drive the RCA inputs of another amp, then sure, no problem.
That's exactly what I mean. It'd be convenient to not have to plug in/plug out and move things around when a couple different amps are involved. Thanks for the assurance!

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #68,163 of 153,531
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #68,164 of 153,531
Dec 14, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #68,165 of 153,531
Facebook, yeah, I know, I know, I don't like it, you don't like it, I just sit there and blather, so I don't particularly care where it goes. Email denise@schiit.com to suggest better distribution platforms. I have no problem moving it to something the kool kids are using these days. Gawd, I sound old. But really just busy. Very busy!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Dec 14, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #68,167 of 153,531
Facebook, yeah, I know, I know, I don't like it, you don't like it, I just sit there and blather, so I don't particularly care where it goes. Email denise@schiit.com to suggest better distribution platforms. I have no problem moving it to something the kool kids are using these days. Gawd, I sound old. But really just busy. Very busy!

I know that JPL and CalTech use YouTube for their lectures. It seems to work well and allows comments during the lectures.

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #68,168 of 153,531
I'm usually too irresponsible to catch these when they happen but will definitely tune in for this one.

Also have to say, I think a TOTL Valhalla 3 with more tube-y qualities (vs the dryer-sounding V2) would be a great addition to the Schiit stable.

i would def be interested and would buy this

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #68,169 of 153,531
i would def be interested and would buy this
I probably would too. If Schiit could upend the tube amp market the way they did solid state I think that would be a great thing.

I also wonder if there isn’t some kind of market for a cheaper, single-ended BF2. I’m currently sitting happy with my Lyr 3/Bimby (unison) combo, but don’t think I’ll ever drop the money on a BF2 since the balanced topology is overkill for my setup. And obviously if they put out a Valhalla 3 a single-ended DAC in the same mid-size chassis would compliment it a bit better.

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #68,171 of 153,531
I know that JPL and CalTech use YouTube for their lectures. It seems to work well and allows comments during the lectures.
What platform does TED talk use? I'ld love to see a series: Talking Schiit

Also, my wish for new product: digital preamp with a few digital inputs, x-over and delay configuration for 2 sets of digital speaker outputs (mains and subwoofer).
Kind of like a DSPeaker or DEQX but with Schiit-y style and pricing. Room correction not required.

Dec 14, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #68,172 of 153,531
I also wonder if there isn’t some kind of market for a cheaper, single-ended BF2. I’m currently sitting happy with my Lyr 3/Bimby (unison) combo, but don’t think I’ll ever drop the money on a BF2 since the balanced topology is overkill for my setup.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bifrost 2 is primarily a single-ended design, with the "balanced" connectors coming by way of a LME49724. B2 only has two of the Analog Devices A/D chips, whereas the Gungnir MB and Yggdrasil true hardware balanced designs use four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back