Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 14, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #68,147 of 153,537
Notthing at the moment. It's more about futureproofing, in case I'd have to review something like the HE6. Just want all bases covered. ALL of themn, aside from 'Stats and the ribbon stuff. I've owned a Lyr before.

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:01 PM Post #68,148 of 153,537
Notthing at the moment. It's more about futureproofing, in case I'd have to review something like the HE6. Just want all bases covered. ALL of themn, aside from 'Stats and the ribbon stuff. I've owned a Lyr before.
For that you'll want a Vidar, Mjolnir or a Ragnarok II anyway. My Lyr 2 does an OK job, but the Mjolnir I and Vidar are really where the HE6 shines

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #68,151 of 153,537
Why facebook? I got rid of that long time ago.
Wonder if I can borrow anyones facebook account

Edit: ill watch the stream anyways. Should be interesting Schiit.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #68,154 of 153,537
Sorry to schiit up the thread with a basic question, but can Schiit's headphone amps daisy chain into other headphone amps? The manuals only mention connecting the preamp outputs to "powered monitors or speaker power amplifiers", so I want to make sure I'm safe.

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #68,155 of 153,537
Virtual SchiitrMeet December
End-of-the-World (er, Year) Wrap-up

Wednesday, December 16
4-5PM PST

Hey all,

It's time to wrap up a very, very bizarre year...so I figured we might do a couple of things differently this time. First, you're getting just me (safest, given what LA County is going through). Second, I'll ramble a bit about the year in general, rather than making this a pure answer-a-bunch-of-questions thing. Third, we'll take your questions after I'm done rambling.

Sounds pretty standard? Yeah. Except one more thing:

And finally, we're gonna do a Completely Fulla Schiit Giveaway. Anyone who watches the livestream and posts a comment has a chance to win one of everything we introduce next year. (Or, if it's a product that requires two to do stereo, you get two. We aren't dicks.) Yes. Again, if you win, everything we introduce in 2021, you get.

And 2021 might be a completely bonkers year. Lots of 2020 products got pushed to 2021. Some very, very interesting stuff may hit. And you can get all of them...

...but only if you watch the livestream and comment on it. That's how you enter. That's the only way you enter. We're not going to have a big, long, drawn-out entry period. Watch the video, comment on it, see what happens. Maybe you end up with a whole big pile o Schiit!

So join me on Wednesday, December 16, for a wrap-up, some hints about what's coming, and to enter the Completely Fulla Schiit giveaway. It'll be live-streaming on our Facebook presence: https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/

It's not like the old Schiitrmeets, but it's the best we can do for the moment, and I hope you join me!

All the best,
Jason
Also, holy chraap! What an awesome win that would be. Shame I can't enter. Congrats in advance to the winner then.

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #68,156 of 153,537
for speaker manufacturing, it boils to drivers and cost-effective cabinet making.

if you're KEF or one of the big players with a large R&D budget, you can design your own drivers. otherwise you buy off the shelf units (like all the smaller players do), and to stay competitive you need to make quality MDF / Particle board / composite enclosures with accuracy (for air tightness) and cheaply.
You may be surprised to know it can be less expensive to design your own drivers and get them fabricated rather than buy off the shelf. At least that's what we learned a few years ago... the key is being any good at driver, crossover and cabinet design, and having a large tolerance for stale inventory. :)

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #68,157 of 153,537
Sorry to schiit up the thread with a basic question, but can Schiit's headphone amps daisy chain into other headphone amps? The manuals only mention connecting the preamp outputs to "powered monitors or speaker power amplifiers", so I want to make sure I'm safe.

you should be able to, but why would you want/ need to? what is your configuration?

(added)
note that the second HP will have its volume controlled by both amplifiers, unless you use a 'y' adapter from the source into both HP amps.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #68,158 of 153,537
Daisy-chain? If by that you mean using the RCA outputs from one amp to drive the RCA inputs of another amp, then sure, no problem.

Dec 14, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #68,159 of 153,537
You may be surprised to know it can be less expensive to design your own drivers and get them fabricated rather than buy off the shelf. At least that's what we learned a few years ago... the key is being any good at driver, crossover and cabinet design, and having a large tolerance for stale inventory. :)

didn't know you had a speaker building business...
aside: does anyone make a reliable but inexpensive (replacement) plate amp for subwoofers? don't need fancy DSP on board as my receiver has Audyssey Multi XT (or something like that with separate L and R sub eq.)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #68,160 of 153,537
My 'dream' product announcement would be...a 'fully-loaded' Mjolnir 3, including:
  1. Stepped attenuator + remote
  2. Phono card
  3. USB DAC card
  4. One more RCA input would be nice
That would make it the only pre/headphone amp I'd ever need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back