Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 26, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #66,166 of 150,721
I have boxes and boxes of CDs, most of which haven’t seen the light of day since they were ripped :beyersmile:

Mine are nicely displayed but like you, they've stayed in their jewel cases since they were ripped. Or, for most of them, since they were re-ripped. Didn't know any better when I started and ripped everything to MP3 the first time around. :astonished:

Her interest in audio is closely paralleled by my interest in her shoes. But we've managed over the years to humor each other on an equitable level. :grimacing:

Huh. I never would have guessed that you have a woman's shoe fetish. To each his own. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #66,167 of 150,721
Mine are nicely displayed but like you, they've stayed in their jewel cases since they were ripped. Or, for most of them, since they were re-ripped. Didn't know any better when I started and ripped everything to MP3 the first time around. :astonished:

Huh. I never would have guessed that you have a woman's shoe fetish. To each his own. :beerchug:

I'm more interested in what comes in the shoes...! And no, not toe jam...! :nerd: :ksc75smile:

Oct 26, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #66,168 of 150,721

bcowen only is interesed in shoes if they contain vacuum tubes.

Oct 26, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #66,171 of 150,721
Probably won't see it announced just yet.

"The new pulley is currently being prototyped and will go into production within the next 3-4 weeks..."

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #66,172 of 150,721
However, I did trial a top end streamer a few months ago and I preferred using its AES output to my Ygyy to its USB output.

Admittedly the streamer did not have Unison USB, but by all accounts it did have a well-designed and galvanically isolated USB output.

I really expected the newly installed Unison USB input on my Yggy to sound the ‘best’ so I was very surprised that ( to my ears) it didn’t!
Unison is very good, but the right AES source can sound a bit better. I've also found that "top end" is highly variable. A relatively low cost AES source (Pi2AES + Pi4B with Meanwell SMPS) can do wonders with Yggdrasil, beating more expensive sources, including some USB ones. Not by much, but noticeable nonetheless.

Oct 26, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #66,173 of 150,721
I use a fountain pen. I have a quill and some ink on the way from Amazon Prime...
writing my schiit to do list for tomorrow with my Sailor 1911L at the moment...

Oct 27, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #66,174 of 150,721
Unison is very good, but the right AES source can sound a bit better. I've also found that "top end" is highly variable. A relatively low cost AES source (Pi2AES + Pi4B with Meanwell SMPS) can do wonders with Yggdrasil, beating more expensive sources, including some USB ones. Not by much, but noticeable nonetheless.
for streaming, i think the newer processors will have better sound quality, not only faster and more CPU processing speed, but the newer chips have lower power consumption = less noise on the digital grounds. Those with older Pi2 or Pi3 boards and higher-end DACs might consider upgrading to Pi4 to see if they can detect any changes.

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #66,178 of 150,721
No, it's more on the sweet side. My favorite Aberlour is their 16 yr single malt. I recommended the A'bunadh only because it is cask strength (about 70%) for the person who said Scotch didn't have enough alcohol... :)
A very nice whisky @Ableza :beyersmile:
I don’t drink a lot of whisky but I do enjoy the occasional dram of a single malt.
As well as the peaty Islay malts, I also like 12 year old Highland Park.
The distillery is on Orkney ( unlike Islay , I haven’t visited) and is a lovely, slightly sweet whisky.
Here in the UK it is also reasonably priced.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #66,180 of 150,721
I’m partial to Talisker. But anything peaty is great: Laphroig, Kilchoman, Ballechin, Octomore...
I'm on the opposite side of that discussion. Too much peat and I'm out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back