Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 10, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #64,593 of 150,736
Cheap beers sometimes are good, you just need match them with a few good friends and music, then the synergy will do the rest :beerchug:

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #64,594 of 150,736
Cheap beers sometimes are good, you just need match them with a few good friends and music, then the synergy will do the rest :beerchug:
I find that with good friends and music all that's needed is water to stay hydrated.

And coffee, of course, there is no time when coffee is not needed. :)

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #64,596 of 150,736
So that's what we're gonna do: we'll do a livestream every third Wednesday or so from the Schiitr, with just me, Brian from Audio-Head.com, and Denise (our marketing wrangler here at Schiit), some of your questions, and maybe a bottle of wine or a growler of beer.
That's some awesome Schiit tech to get beer distributed through a livestream!

In all seriousness, great idea. If you share the beer list ahead of time, maybe we can all kibitz on beer quality as the audio quality kibitzing seems infeasible.

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #64,598 of 150,736
Those prices are insane.
A problem we have in the US is that in most locations, there is usually only one provider for broadband internet, which is typically a conglomerate such as Comcast or AT&T whose goal is to maximize profit. As the only local provider, they operate as a monopoly with no competition and able to extort customers for maximum revenue, and they have little incentive to improve service or lower prices. These large corporations lobby politicians to minimize consumer protection and pushed some states to enact laws that ban local communities from creating their own municipal internet service.

When Google Fiber would begin installing in a new location, then surprise — the existing provider would suddenly drop prices and increase network speed. Funny what happens with competition. The internet providers did everything they could to hamper the expansion of Google Fiber, and they have succeeded. Google Fiber is no longer expanding to new locations.

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #64,599 of 150,736
Haha. Pabst Blue Ribbon from Milwaukee. Yeah. Totally agree it's a step down from Bud Light or Miller.
Huh...PBR - the hipster's beer...the same hipsters who think cassette audio is a thing. The only thing I like about PBR is the scene from Blue Velvet when Dennis Hopper yells "Pabst Blue Ribbon!" in Jeffrey's (Kyle MacLachlan's) face when they "party" together.

Sep 10, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #64,601 of 150,736
I find that with good friends and music all that's needed is water to stay hydrated.

And coffee, of course, there is no time when coffee is not needed. :)

Spot on @Ableza!
For me, there are few greater, simple pleasures, than spending time with good friends and music.
Beer, wine or whisky ( sometimes all three) are certainly not essential, but have certainly contributed to some memorable evenings here!
Coffee was definitely needed.... at about 6 am :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #64,602 of 150,736
I got plenty of speed.....I'm looking forward to this! Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 12.02.29 PM.jpeg

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #64,603 of 150,736
2 from New Orleans that weren't worth a Schiit-Jax and Dixie. Jax brewery makes a nice mall now. :beerchug:
Yea but Dixie makes Blackened Voodoo beer which I love, although I usually order Abita Amber or Turbodog when I'm in New Orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back