Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 10, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #64,621 of 149,160
I have a first generation Freya already and I am aware of that thread. It is just that I have not found any new production octal tubes that I like. Once the NOS tubes are gone, that will be it.

also for russian tubes, sometimes the translation from cyrillic varies (e.g. listings for 6h1n are for the same tube as 6n1p). also some versions have higher heater current (2x or 3x ???) so you need to be careful about just dropping them in.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #64,623 of 149,160
Sep 10, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #64,624 of 149,160
Mike has said he is only interested in playing Redbook CDs, yes.

Mike also said that he wasn't interested in doing another D/S dac, but there is Modius.

was hoping the Transport could read dvd-a and other non-compressed formats at 96/24. wasn't expecting DSD / SACD. being digital out only, it wouldn't need to have 8 or 16 channels of DAC chips / analog stages on board.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #64,625 of 149,160
was hoping it could read dvd-a and other non-compressed formats at 96/24 etc. wasn't expecting DSD / SACD. being digital out only, i wouldn't need to have 8 or 16 channels of DAC chips / analog stages on board.

Are there more than 17 disks in that format? Asking seriously. But no, I wouldn't expect it would support any disk playing other than CD.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 10, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #64,626 of 149,160
Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Sep 10, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #64,628 of 149,160
:rage: :rage: :rage:
But I am willing to pay $800 for high quality audio components, so I suppose I'm only half insane?

Or half sane. Guess we're back to the glass half empty thing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sep 10, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #64,629 of 149,160
Sep 10, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #64,630 of 149,160
2 from New Orleans that weren't worth a Schiit-Jax and Dixie. Jax brewery makes a nice mall now. :beerchug:
Blackened Voodoo for me, please!

Sep 10, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #64,632 of 149,160
If you want to submit questions, you can do so in this thread, or email them to denise@schiit.com. This will be a livestream on our Facebook site, and I'm sure it'll be archived so you can watch it later. However, if you have more technical questions about setup, etc, you should take them up with Denise. I'm just there for the wine...er, I mean, the questions...

Schiit has made great-sounding DACs and amps accessible. It’s very hard to argue with your value proposition. Was democratizing great sound a concrete mission since day one, or a happy accident from having fun and trying to build in the USA and sell direct? Can we get you to get all Corp-speaky for a minute and talk about your vision for where Schiit will be in 2030?

Shouldn’t you be getting kickbacks from headphone and speaker manufactures by now after getting a new generation addicted to chasing better sound? :)

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #64,633 of 149,160
I like Abita beers as well. It's hardly even an import here with the RCFTA (Redneck-Cajun Free Trade Agreement). I hadn't heard of Blackened Voodoo from Dixie. I'll see if I can find some.

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #64,634 of 149,160
@Jason Stoddard I think I know the answer, but has Schiit ever considered an HDMI ARC input on something like the Ragnarok 2? Seems a little esoteric, but a Rag 2 with a multibit DAC and HDMI ARC input would be a game-changer for me.

I realize there are many cheap external devices that could accomplish what I'm suggesting. However, I suspect many of us would choose HDMI over a phono input to easily integrate an integrated amp into a mixed use audio/visual system with minimal cords/power supplies/dongles etc...

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #64,635 of 149,160
Wow - I check in a couple times today and find a lot to discuss and some things I've missed! Oh well, just a note to say how much I'm continuing to enjoy the Vidars and Freya S driving the LRSs. I've been leaving the whole system on and loving this combo since March. In my room and to my ears, a spectacular synergy of components and speakers. Also continuing to enjoy the Modius/Magnius combo with balanced HD 6XXs when my wife needs to get to sleep (as the audio room is next to the master BR. I find the experience including tonality very similar between the 2-channel and headphone systems and I'm pleased with it.

I was looking at a PS Audio video today and thought it humorous...at least to a Magnepan LRS owner with a filter applied :yum:

As quoted from a comment by Poo Ninja on PS Audio’s YouTube channel “Lunch with Paul: Ribbons and planar drivers.”

I like big stats and I cannot lie...
sittin in the sweet spot
Listen to a pin drop
Feel the viola bow
Far left in third row
But as far as the bass go
I gotta rock that sub yo
Cause stats don’t thump
and I like the bump
so a pair of big subs ta shake ya rump

Good night or good morning!

Users who are viewing this thread