Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 24, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #62,314 of 150,825
Opening day of Zucchini season

1595589454048.png

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #62,316 of 150,825
Alas.. 99% doesn't exist.
Sure it does...albeit for only a very short amount of time. As soon as you break the seal on a new bottle, in comes the water vapor. I have a hard time convincing people of this when it comes to cleaning optics.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #62,318 of 150,825
Mike designs the magic, Jason gets it built.

From Futurist: Elon Musk’s brain-hacking startup Neuralink is gearing up for a long-awaited reveal on August 28. And Musk himself can’t seem to help himself from teasing the brain-computer interface. On Sunday afternoon, when computer scientist Austin Howard asked Musk on Twitter if we could one day listen to music directly through such an interface — streaming it directly into the brain, in other words, with no headphones needed — Musk replied with a curt “yes.”

So, will my Schiit gear interface with this? Bye bye, headphones! Ta ta, two channel! Just pipe that purity into my brain.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #62,319 of 150,825
From Futurist: Elon Musk’s brain-hacking startup Neuralink is gearing up for a long-awaited reveal on August 28. And Musk himself can’t seem to help himself from teasing the brain-computer interface. On Sunday afternoon, when computer scientist Austin Howard asked Musk on Twitter if we could one day listen to music directly through such an interface — streaming it directly into the brain, in other words, with no headphones needed — Musk replied with a curt “yes.”

So, will my Schiit gear interface with this? Bye bye, headphones! Ta ta, two channel! Just pipe that purity into my brain.

Can you imagine how terrible bad recordings will be? All the garbage directly into the brain? And bye bye staging and imaging :frowning2:

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #62,320 of 150,825

It will still require a multi bit DAC to avoid sounding like a.....

Well maybe a multibit digital to digital converter, ran through a super burrito filter

Does the brain process in analog, digital, or something else entirely? Interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #62,325 of 150,825
Would I just adjust the volume by thinking about it? Would there even be volume or will I just simply understand the bits and somehow have the music conveyed to me? Fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back