Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 20, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #62,146 of 150,806
looking at some old Jason posts, there was a Gadget in beta form, but with S/PDIF digital input & outpus (no USB)... not likely to be offered as a stand-alone product.

The Modius PCB has a lot of empty real-estate, and a provision for external power (optional for just a DAC, maybe required if other hardware like an on-board digital processor for Gadget functions is added)

Prediction: the Gadget will appear in a Modius-sized chassis with digital inputs, minimal front panel controls, IR remote, on-board AK4493 D/S DAC and analog outs.

disclaimer: i am not part of the Gadget alpha/ beta program, so if this product becomes a reality, then for the record I didn't cheat on my prediction.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #62,147 of 150,806
No. Some aren't Cool enough to be a Dude. They're Duds. :beerchug:
And some, who may not be into the whole brevity thing, might prefer El Duderino.

Jul 20, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #62,149 of 150,806
Dude! Sweet!

Ah, the classics.
FB_IMG_1594738389667.jpg

Jul 20, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #62,151 of 150,806
Your first reaction abuses a few cardinal rules on this forum so please retract.
Your second reaction does the same because you're defending killing people at random.
Do you retract this post voluntarily or do we have to ask moderators to do that for you?

In my opinion you should be banned for life from this forum.
Which "cardinal rule" is that? Please don't say politics because that would be laughable. As for retracting, not going to do it, so if the mods think I need to be banned then I guess that will be it for me, but I will not be silenced just because you disagree with me.

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #62,153 of 150,806
Has anyone here experienced Ragnarok 2 vs Aegir? 2ch obviously.
I have had Ragnarok 2 since August 2019 and bought an Aegir a couple of months ago. I didn't have a pre-amp to use with it, so used Rag 2 as pre. As soon as Aegir was in place, sound stage became much more 3d and micro dynamics and timbre were much improved. Aegir takes the sound to another level and I will be moving the Rag 2 to my office system as soon as Freya+ is received.
Sol/Yggdrasil => Ragnarok 2 => single Aegir => Tekton Designs Electron SE

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #62,154 of 150,806
Good news 1.12 million covid RECOVERIES in the US and 8.13 million world wide, so even without a "cure" the human race will surive as it did throughout history.....
Survival of the human race is a pretty low bar. I'm hoping and working for something better.

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #62,155 of 150,806
The facemask "controversy" is the epitome of stupid. People who claim to be patriots refuse to wear them. Well, guess what? No mask = more people sick = businesses shut down = economy in the schiitter. So these "patriots" have no problem getting Americans sick and ruining the American economy. Patriots indeed. And BTW, if you they don't mind giving others Covid, why the hell do they have a problem with second hand smoke? Idiocy.
That is your opinion, some would disagree with you.
That wearing masks (and social distancing, and hand washing) reduce the spread of Covid-19 is established fact. Perhaps those others have "alternate facts".

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #62,156 of 150,806
I have had Ragnarok 2 since August 2019 and bought an Aegir a couple of months ago. I didn't have a pre-amp to use with it, so used Rag 2 as pre. As soon as Aegir was in place, sound stage became much more 3d and micro dynamics and timbre were much improved. Aegir takes the sound to another level and I will be moving the Rag 2 to my office system as soon as Freya+ is received.
Sol/Yggdrasil => Ragnarok 2 => single Aegir => Tekton Designs Electron SE

I was hoping I'd get lucky enough that someone using Ragnarok 2 or Freya S as a pre to feed Aegir would reply.

Thanks!

Jul 20, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #62,157 of 150,806
How bout them Cowboys!! (I hate the Cowboys....)

Has anyone here experienced Ragnarok 2 vs Aegir? 2ch obviously.

Or better yet, anyone know some good online retailers to buy Scotch from in the US? I usually buy all my Scotch in Canada, but can't get there now as the border is closed..
I’ve ordered from B-21 in Florida and most recently picked up these beauties from Ace Spirits in Minnesota. Irish whiskey for Father Ted fans.
D59E4BE0-09FC-4D8A-8583-38EFF22FA7CC.jpeg

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #62,158 of 150,806
@Byronb and @Pietro Cozzi Tinin (and others) how about taking your CV-19 conversations private? This thread is generally a pretty happy place but is getting less so with all of the bickering. FWIW the "he started it" argument hasn't been in play since the fifth grade so maybe move past that.

I'd like to politely suggest to everyone that we don't use this thread for Covid-based conversations. Hundreds of other forums/threads on the 'net to make your arguments. Let's keep this thread Schiit/sound/music related.

I'll start. I received my b-stock Wyrd a few weeks ago and it made a slight but noticeable improvement in overall sound.
MacMini > Wyrd > Modi Multibit > Loki Mini > Sony AVR > Monitor Audio Silver 5i has been very enjoyable with all types of music.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #62,159 of 150,806
@Byronb and @Pietro Cozzi Tinin (and others) how about making your CV-19 conversations private? This thread is generally a pretty happy place but is getting less so with all of the bickering. FWIW the "he started it" argument hasn't been in play since the fifth grade so maybe move past that.

I'd like to politely suggest to everyone that we don't use this thread for Covid-based conversations. Hundreds of other forums/threads on the 'net to make your arguments. Let's keep this thread Schiit/sound/music related...

Or at least Cats, VU Meters, etc. :wink:

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #62,160 of 150,806
Or at least Cats, VU Meters, etc. :wink:
Or BBQ, coffee, beer, scotch, pizza...

I'm more than ok with off-topic so long as we're all playing nice together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back