Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #62,041 of 152,983
Maybe when my wife's business is more established we should look at moving to Seattle. My wife has always been a fan of Seattle but I've still never been there. We were thinking about planning a trip to the PNW this fall before Covid came around. Is it really as cloudy & rainy as people say?

I visited US in 2008 and went on a roadtrip from Seattle to LA. Seattle, and the states of Washington and Oregon, were really lovely. If I had to move to US, I’d probably want to live somewhere around there.

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #62,045 of 152,983
I used to get upset about this thread being about things other than Jason's blog. But then, all of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world. So there was only one thing that I could do - Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Jul 18, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #62,047 of 152,983
I visited US in 2008 and went on a roadtrip from Seattle to LA. Seattle, and the states of Washington and Oregon, were really lovely. If I had to move to US, I’d probably want to live somewhere around there.
Having lived in SoCal for 33 years, I would recommend other places. Please, please, please don't judge the U.S. by those 3 states.

Jul 18, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #62,051 of 152,983
Schiit N Music

Story / Saturday Night continued; two weeks later.

More of the same (wash, rinse, repeat) except:

Hot muggy; typical summer. Summer disagrees more each year.
Some rain (first big storm rolled through last evening), garden improving. Now picking green beans. Too many, sharing with neighbor.
Planted six late season tomato plants, free plants rooted from suckers.

It is odd the random food/things/stuff that are out of stock.

Taxes filed.

Niece, husband and kids all ache, have fevers and stomach issues. O. Schiit!
Husband tested, results not in. Takes at least 6 days now.

Do I feel safer now than a month ago?
Friends / family want us to visit or do or go ?!@&%.

Schools?

Almost daily FaceTime with our very cute grand daughter.
Keeping in touch with friends and family consumes a lot of time, mostly worth it.
We look forward to "5 o’clock somewhere" FaceTime or Zoom calls. Family (extended) zoom scheduled for tomorrow.

Finished the move to MacBook Pro (Early 2011) for the digital music collection. Clean install of High Sierra and music library moved to a solid state external drive. USB to Unison upgraded Gungnir MB. MacBook Pro USB appears to be more stable than iMac USB. iMac USB was sometimes flakey, tried Wyrd between iMac and Gungnir MB without success, upgraded to Unison. Same issues, Wyrd back in created the most stable iMac option. MacBook Pro is direct to Gungnir MB unison, no Wyrd, USB issues appear to be gone.
Whole house sound operational, no issues with the transition.
Two new external hard drives for back up and photo storage attached to iMac. Back ups (multiple) completed. Yesterday the migration (upgrade?) to Catalina was successful.

Pleased by the Sundara. Driven by the Mjolnir 2 balanced with 6N23P Voskhod Rocket - 1971 tubes. Phones, tubes and ears are getting needed run time.
Also spending time with Sennheiser HD650 single ended from Valhalla 2 running 6N1P-V (6Н1ПВ) OTK Novosibirsk - 1958 - Gold Grid and 6N6P Novosibirsk - Gold Grid & Pin - 1978. Valhalla 2 is sourced from the same Gungnir MB as the Mjolnir 2. This continues to be a favored setup for HD 650.
The small stack Vali 2 is still tubed with the adapted 6H8C Pano (Reflektor Plant) - 1961 - OTK - Bottom Rectangle Getter - Grey T Aligned 2 Hole Plates “Russian Bad Boy”. Beyerdynamic DT880 live here and sound outstanding, no matter the comparison.
Trend with Russian tubes?

The computer maneuvering has me cleaning up the office/headphone room. Several boxes of paperwork are being filed or shredded. Things are being put away.
I realize I have too many portable/transportable headphone kits not being used. When the temperature eases down, I should work on that.

Enjoying watching the “B” stock come and go. The right item at the right time …

“Thought I'd something more to say”.

Stay safe
&
Enjoy the Schiit N Music

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #62,052 of 152,983
Schiit N Music

Story / Saturday Night continued; two weeks later.

More of the same (wash, rinse, repeat) except:

Hot muggy; typical summer. Summer disagrees more each year.
Some rain (first big storm rolled through last evening), garden improving. Now picking green beans. Too many, sharing with neighbor.
Planted six late season tomato plants, free plants rooted from suckers.

It is odd the random food/things/stuff that are out of stock.

Taxes filed.

Niece, husband and kids all ache, have fevers and stomach issues. O. Schiit!
Husband tested, results not in. Takes at least 6 days now.

Do I feel safer now than a month ago?
Friends / family want us to visit or do or go ?!@&%.

Schools?

Almost daily FaceTime with our very cute grand daughter.
Keeping in touch with friends and family consumes a lot of time, mostly worth it.
We look forward to "5 o’clock somewhere" FaceTime or Zoom calls. Family (extended) zoom scheduled for tomorrow.

Finished the move to MacBook Pro (Early 2011) for the digital music collection. Clean install of High Sierra and music library moved to a solid state external drive. USB to Unison upgraded Gungnir MB. MacBook Pro USB appears to be more stable than iMac USB. iMac USB was sometimes flakey, tried Wyrd between iMac and Gungnir MB without success, upgraded to Unison. Same issues, Wyrd back in created the most stable iMac option. MacBook Pro is direct to Gungnir MB unison, no Wyrd, USB issues appear to be gone.
Whole house sound operational, no issues with the transition.
Two new external hard drives for back up and photo storage attached to iMac. Back ups (multiple) completed. Yesterday the migration (upgrade?) to Catalina was successful.

Pleased by the Sundara. Driven by the Mjolnir 2 balanced with 6N23P Voskhod Rocket - 1971 tubes. Phones, tubes and ears are getting needed run time.
Also spending time with Sennheiser HD650 single ended from Valhalla 2 running 6N1P-V (6Н1ПВ) OTK Novosibirsk - 1958 - Gold Grid and 6N6P Novosibirsk - Gold Grid & Pin - 1978. Valhalla 2 is sourced from the same Gungnir MB as the Mjolnir 2. This continues to be a favored setup for HD 650.
The small stack Vali 2 is still tubed with the adapted 6H8C Pano (Reflektor Plant) - 1961 - OTK - Bottom Rectangle Getter - Grey T Aligned 2 Hole Plates “Russian Bad Boy”. Beyerdynamic DT880 live here and sound outstanding, no matter the comparison.
Trend with Russian tubes?

The computer maneuvering has me cleaning up the office/headphone room. Several boxes of paperwork are being filed or shredded. Things are being put away.
I realize I have too many portable/transportable headphone kits not being used. When the temperatures eases down, I should work on that.

Enjoying watching the “B” stock come and go. The right item at the right time …

“Thought I'd something more to say”.

Stay safe
&
Enjoy the Schiit N Music
re your Niece and her household, there is a hydroxchloroquine / z-pak / zinc sulfate treatment regimen for COVID-19 (under the care and supervision of a licensed medical professional or course), but needs to be taken within about 5 days of symptom onset for max effectiveness.

that's definitely a lot of b-stock. the Aegirs seem to go quite quickly. must be a few empty shelves in Schiit's warehousing area.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #62,055 of 152,983
Having lived in SoCal for 33 years, I would recommend other places. Please, please, please don't judge the U.S. by those 3 states.

My judgement is not harsh, I really liked the country and people I met. It’s just the nature that really appealed to me in those states.
California was nice too, but LA was kind of a schiit hole. My favourite thing in LA was the In-N-Out Burger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back