Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 19, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #62,071 of 150,663
@Pietro Cozzi Tinin Are there any treatments effective against COVID-19 that you could recommend (once an individual has started to exhibit symptoms / tested positive) ?
NO, not without your doctor and without a diagnosis.
After that, let them take care of you.

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #62,075 of 150,663
Jul 19, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #62,076 of 150,663
Nope its not a joke.

The virus is real and we do take precautions and are aware of our surroundings and respect all other opinions on the topic.

But I will not let this virus make me cower or stop living life.

So when I say "Virus my A$$" its meant to say up yours to "it", and not to the fact its a real world issue.

Do what you must to stay safe and respect others opinions as well and educate if you must...

Most will reason and listen....

Stay Safe...

Alex

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #62,077 of 150,663
I wasn't advocating self-medication. Is there an accurate source for medical information that isn't influenced by politics or subject to the whims of their funding sources?
Yes, go to the WHO website or medical universities websites. Even the Mayo clinic.
Her is one very well informing links:https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...MI1tuvqofa6gIVCap3Ch3MiQjNEAAYASAAEgLc6vD_BwE
And everything they write is correct. Any mistakes always very quickly explained and corrected.

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #62,078 of 150,663
Nope its not a joke.

The virus is real and we do take precautions and are aware of our surroundings and respect all other opinions on the topic.

But I will not let this virus make me cower or stop living life.

So when I say "Virus my A$$" its meant to say up yours to "it", and not to the fact its a real world issue.

Do what you must to stay safe and respect others opinions as well and educate if you must...

Most will reason and listen....

Stay Safe...

Alex
That's a very good stance.
Do not stop living but be diligent.
Thanks for the response.

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #62,079 of 150,663
With no real solution to date...and if you get this virus and the threat of dying is there, I can understand why some folks would try almost anything to save themselves or their children, even to the point of trying hydro Q......when things get desperate people will reach out for help in most any place or anything....folks with late stage cancer often are seen making trips across boarders in search of a "miracle"....

Lets hope a real vacine is found, and the politics get out of the way....way too much crap on all sides about this virus....

Enjoy the music, while you can!

Alex

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #62,080 of 150,663
Oh dear. Having worked in the Phase 3 aspect of vaccine development I can tell you if you want to know about 60% of what Covid 19 is check back in about ten years. We’re still trying to optimize vaccines we’ve been working on for fifty years. Don’t equate this with anything else, distance, wear a mask, avoid spaces rebreathing air with others. Avoid people who don’t take this seriously. No one has even ventured to determine an LD50 for this but I think it’s safe to assume it’s not good. I’ve never been a gambling man and I don’t get medical advice off the internet which pretty much kills my advice to anyone here but there you are.

Jul 19, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #62,081 of 150,663
On a lighter tone.....

Wondering how the sales on the Modius and stuff are affecting Schiit during all this stuff?

I see the Modius is on back order.

I frequent several headphone sites and the accolades for the Modius has been very positive, $199 for a balanced dac...Hoping the back order is from the demand for the great product!!??

Lots of folks asking for a matching amp for the Modius in that form factor?

Alex

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #62,084 of 150,663
But wouldn't that be the Jotunheim already?

many probably looking for $300 balanced amp/ pre-amp (think 2x Asgard3 cost minus one enclosure) to get the mid-size stack price under $500 for improved WAF / funding approval. Also, the Jotunheim is a 2014 design, and many expecting a refresh. Jason also hinting at another Chapter, i.e. new product intro in the coming few weeks (maybe parts shortages impacting production?)

added:
Jason also indicated that in the Asgard 3 development he learned some new things that would be applied in future products (hopefully soon).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back