Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #61,312 of 150,817
Asgard 3 Input Switch. Up selects the module input (DAC or phono). That is, if you have a module. If you don’t have a module, up doesn’t do anything. Down selects the rear panel analog RCA inputs

I am using down on the Asgard 3 Input swtich as Im connecting it with RCA cables to the bifrost

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #61,317 of 150,817
I am reading this in the manual I just received

Q. I dont get any sound from Bifrost

A. Are your sources on. Check those first. If youre using a computer source, ensure that your computer sound output is set to go to Unison USB in BOTH your control Panel-System Prefs AND your player software

my question is do I have to change the settings on Foobar. That is my main player software. The Bifrost is automatically recgonized in my sound settings
In Foobar, go to File/Preferences and click on Output. In the Device dropdown, make sure your Bifrost is selected. In Win7 I have five different options for my Hel, to start with I would select the DirectSound (DS) option as it would be simpler.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #61,319 of 150,817
In Foobar, go to File/Preferences and click on Output. In the Device dropdown, make sure your Bifrost is selected. In Win7 I have five different options for my Hel, to start with I would select the DirectSound (DS) option as it would be simpler.

hmm. I thought this would have been the solution.

ive just done this. when i start a song with foobar, there is no audio. i get this message
Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88890008).

I did change the ouput section as you suggested on Foobar.

Damn it, looks like i have to sent it back

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #61,320 of 150,817
hmm. I thought this would have been the solution.

ive just done this. when i start a song with foobar, there is no audio. i get this message
Unrecoverable playback error: Unknown error code (0x88890008).

I did change the ouput section as you suggested on Foobar.

Damn it, looks like i have to sent it back
Send a detailed email to Schiit about the problem before doing a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back