Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 25, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #61,294 of 150,075
@Jason Stoddard There's an Asgard 3 listed as "Closeout" on the website. I assume that's in error? That would mean the Asgard 3 itself is end of life, which would appear unlikely after less than one year on the market.

I think it's Asgard 3 with phono module pre-installed that is end-of-life and therefore on closeout. The phono module is no longer an option when ordering an Asgard, though it is still available in the upgrades section.

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #61,300 of 150,075
FWIW I think the dac in the Google CCA is harsh sounding garbage, if you have the ability to use any other external schiit Dac. I own 4 Google CCA's, And 4 schiit dacs.

B stock OG saga is a tremendous value.

Rag 2, just an amp for 1299..... Shut up and just take my money, all my money. Seriously.

I saw an OG Ragnarok on b stock today for 799. Thank God someone caved and pulled the trigger on this before I did.

If more show up I likely won't be able to resist.

@Rensek a few more OG Ragnaroks listed (both silver & black). sorry for your wallet. :)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #61,302 of 150,075
Please help

I just received a 4490 Gen 5 USB

I am getting no sound out of it. I plug in into my usb port on my computer, and then hook it up with the Asgard 3 using using my RCA interconnects. It is powered on and then I go to sound settings on Windows 10 and choose Bifrost Gen 5 USB as the Output device. I did not have to install drivers as I already have them on my computer for my Modi Muliti bit. The 4490 Gen 5 USB was automatically recognized.

Whenever I platy audio or watch a youtube video with the Bifrost Enabled in my sound settings with my headphones plugged in and my Asgard 3 turned I get no sound however.

I know something is wrong, because my Modi multibit and my Modi 3 work fine using this method on my Windows 10 machine. I just tested them again and they work.

Did I receive a faulty unit. Will I have to return it to Schiit

Thanks

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #61,304 of 150,075
I am reading this in the manual I just received

Q. I dont get any sound from Bifrost

A. Are your sources on. Check those first. If youre using a computer source, ensure that your computer sound output is set to go to Unison USB in BOTH your control Panel-System Prefs AND your player software

my question is do I have to change the settings on Foobar. That is my main player software. The Bifrost is automatically recgonized in my sound settings

Jun 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #61,305 of 150,075
Please help

I just received a 4490 Gen 5 USB

I am getting no sound out of it. I plug in into my usb port on my computer, and then hook it up with the Asgard 3 using using my RCA interconnects. It is powered on and then I go to sound settings on Windows 10 and choose Bifrost Gen 5 USB as the Output device. I did not have to install drivers as I already have them on my computer for my Modi Muliti bit. The 4490 Gen 5 USB was automatically recognized.

Whenever I platy audio or watch a youtube video with the Bifrost Enabled in my sound settings with my headphones plugged in and my Asgard 3 turned I get no sound however.

I know something is wrong, because my Modi multibit and my Modi 3 work fine using this method on my Windows 10 machine. I just tested them again and they work.

Did I receive a faulty unit. Will I have to return it to Schiit

Thanks

have you checked the AC power to the Bifrost? Did you purchase a wrong voltage unit (e.g. 230V)? USB receiver chip for Gen 5 is powered from the USB connection.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back